Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #141
coolingmist

Drives: fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I'm confused about meth kit vs water kit vs alcohol mixtures.

Why would I use one over the other?
Some folks have mentioned meth is in windshield fluid, can that be used for 50/50 (meth & water) mixture?
thanks for the questions let me try to help. the colder the freeze point in WWF, the more meth that is in it. You would not mix water directly with it as it has alot of water to begin with.

Quote:
Can this system be programmed with the roots SC, to adjust if meth is off / on? ie- No more meth in tank.
our failsafe can be programmed to turn on/off any device based on any problems or low fluid.

Quote:
How does meth provide additional engine safety with a boosted application? Can I run more boost with meth? ie - Current safe range for 2010 SS supposed to be 7-9psi. More than that is preceived as dangerous due to the engine compression. How does meth help with this, can I run 10-13psi. if using meth?
In a general sense the meth/water will cool your charge, enance your fuel, and provide inner cyl cooling to lower your charge. You will have more effective octane. I cant tell if you can run 10-13 psi, you need to talk to your tuner. Everything has limits, we provide the vehicle (the water/meth) its up to you or your tuner to find its limits. In general it allows you to run more boost, but since I dont tune your car, I can only speak in general.

Quote:
For safety purposes I would want to use all stainless braided tubing (application may run from the trunk, to the pump (under hood), and I would want an SFI approved fuel cell (with mounts for trunk) so additional tubing may be required, would you accomodate this special request?
ie - Additioal tubing and wire lengths may be required.
we carry stainless hose in house, you will need to contact us when you need a quote. It will be an upgrade charge. I dont supply any SFI fuel cells so you need to get that elsewhere but any would work with our kit.

Quote:

And, lastly what's the benefit of using 100% meth, what's pro's / con's where does one get 50/50 meth or 100% meth?
100% meth is incredibly flammable. Anything above 50/50 increases the danger. For that reason and the fact that water is better at preventing detonation I recommend a mix.

CM
coolingmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:52 PM   #142
john468
Account Suspended

Drives: 1968 S.S. Big Block and 2010 SS
Can this be used on a non S/C car and what will be the advantage if any? What would be needed as far as a tune goes. I already have a SCT tune now and CAI. Would I beablee to run lower octane gas?
john468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #143
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
love my coolingmist meth kit. What if anything do i need to do before storing my car for winter. I assume empty the tank?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100385

Version II
416ci stroker/4L80e
701rwhp 750rwtq
build and tuned by
SPI-Performance
69 Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #144
coolingmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by john468 View Post
Can this be used on a non S/C car and what will be the advantage if any? What would be needed as far as a tune goes. I already have a SCT tune now and CAI. Would I beablee to run lower octane gas?
If you have a car that is high compression, that you must use race gas for, that has a major heat problem, then you will get great be benefit. If your car is near stock it will do nothing for you power wise on a n/a model but it will allow you to run lower octane..

CM
Old 11-15-2010, 08:05 AM   #145
coolingmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Rebel View Post
love my coolingmist meth kit. What if anything do i need to do before storing my car for winter. I assume empty the tank?
Thanks!

You either need to empty the tank and lines OR make sure there is some alcohol in it and run it through. That will keep it from freezing. You should remove the main ground wire from the CMGS if you are going to use a battery tender/charger/jumpstart. the CMGS has circuit protection against transients (positive and negative) and power surges, voltage spike, etc...however its impossible to guarantee protection. Do not connect the ground wire back up until after your charger/tender has been removed from the battery.

CM
Old 04-06-2011, 03:19 PM   #146
TinyToasta

Drives: way too fast....
I'm planning to put your system on within the next weeks. One question was not yet clearly answered in this thread:

What exactly does failsafe do in case of - well... -a failure?
What is being triggered by the yellow failsafe cable (TVS2300, ECU, ...)?
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #147
coolingmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyToasta View Post
I'm planning to put your system on within the next weeks. One question was not yet clearly answered in this thread:

What exactly does failsafe do in case of - well... -a failure?
What is being triggered by the yellow failsafe cable (TVS2300, ECU, ...)?
Thats up to you. You can program the yellow wire to turn ON during a fault or stay on unless there is a fault and then turn off. You may have nothing you can do with it or maybe you have some custom thing.

CM
Old 04-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #148
TinyToasta

Drives: way too fast....
Thanks

What have other SCs (TVS2300) done to make use of the failsafe wire?
Can anybody chime in on that?

I guess that's the only question left before pulling the trigger
CTS-V Brake upgrade, Street: 22'' Vossen CV1, Strip: 18'' Forgestar F14 on MT Street Radials
TinyToasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #149
coolingmist

Have you guys seen our new VC2 PRO kit? Pretty bad ass. 2.2 gallons, pump controller and all wiring hidden inside the tank. Tank is designed so that it gravity feeds the pump and its shaped in such a way that splashing does not cause you lose prime. Dont let the pic fool you its very compact. under 13 inches tall and maybe 9.5 inches wide.

http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmai...pid=VC2FSCOMP1

Old 04-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #150
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolingmist View Post
Have you guys seen our new VC2 PRO kit? Pretty bad ass. 2.2 gallons, pump controller and all wiring hidden inside the tank. Tank is designed so that it gravity feeds the pump and its shaped in such a way that splashing does not cause you lose prime. Dont let the pic fool you its very compact. under 13 inches tall and maybe 9.5 inches wide.

http://www.coolingmist.com/detailmai...pid=VC2FSCOMP1

Anyone have pics of this in the camaro trunk?
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #151
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Thanks

Not to bad mouth the vendor. My kit failed multiple times. Once at the track and that engine expired. Failsafe is one word I would never use. I also have the same kit in my BMW turbo diesel 335. Guess what, that failed too.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #152
GQ4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Not to bad mouth the vendor. My kit failed multiple times. Once at the track and that engine expired. Failsafe is one word I would never use. I also have the same kit in my BMW turbo diesel 335. Guess what, that failed too.
Like I said and noticed they are not sprayin when tank is under 1/2 full could be cuz over tanks mounted with pick up toward the front of the car so when we accelerate fluid goes back..
I dont have the failsafe installed. There is nothing to hook it up to.. I have no boost controller or a switchable dual MAP..
But I glance at my red light and flow bar everytime I floor car pretty much just to make sure it is spraying. Quite a few times I notice it wont spray. If the pumps get an air bubble for some reason they like lock up and dont spray..

I have thought about finding way to hook up lil alarm to it so it beeps or something so I know it not spraying..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 04-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #153
GQ4Life

Quote:
Thanks

Unless you have programmer that has dual MAPs that are switchable on fly like an old powerpaq I had.. I do not see what you can do for failsafe.. Hook it up to give power to an alarm so you hear it when it doesn't spray..
Old 04-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #154
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Unless you have programmer that has dual MAPs that are switchable on fly like an old powerpaq I had.. I do not see what you can do for failsafe.. Hook it up to give power to an alarm so you hear it when it doesn't spray..

Then the alarm can alert you when you are about to purchase a new engine!! Race gas never fails.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote