Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #29
ps2ren

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEKFREEKSCOTTY View Post
It's because you are a good looking girl who ACTUALLY KNOWS STUFF ABOUT CARS..

Most guys will assume that because you are a good looking girl, that you don't know anything about cars.. And you surprise them with a 1, 2 punch.

I bet you surprise the auto shops who think they can take advantage of most women's lack of car knowledge. LOL
Well it does happen a lot, starting from the terrible campman chevy dealer in Philly pushing me out of the door as if I'm there just for a joy ride.

Then every other person on the sidewalk suddenly become an expert...... last weekend some guy at the gas station said:
"AWWWW, you shoulda get a 69, classic, yo!" act like I can just walk into a dealer and buy a brand new 69 and drive right off the lot
I should have said, sure if you give me 50k for the restoration, maintenance, garage and my time off work to fix the car

Most ppl who actually work on their cars or at least know what their cars can do, did the research before they got it are a lot more respectable.
The most unbearable ones normally talk straight out of their asses because they simply can't afford to run a fast car outside of video games.
Also there are the ppl with enough money and buy expensive cars just to show off, who don't even know how to open their hood.

Some Taiwanese princess who's still in school was asking me how much the car cost, I said "25k~55k, got mine with the faster trim for 30k"
She said "wow that's really cheap, my friend's merc starts like 40k and really fast" it's a C300......
Her boyfriend asked for the 0-60 time, I said "4.7 ish" and I did a small launch with them both in the car, they haven't dared talk about cars around me since
Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #30
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Op that guy was a toolbox.

Who in the hell walks over to talk to a car owner and acts condescending towards them like that?

Lot of jealous haters out there. One of my fiancee's guy friends told her that my 1SS was a V6 because "it didn't have stripes." (this was before I added my copo stripes)

I texted him a picture of my hood up with the LS3 in plain view.

He didn't say shit after that.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #31
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
I was sitting in a parking lot waiting for someone when I see this middle-aged guy with a moustache standing in front of 7-11 about 50 feet away staring at my car. After 10 mins of uncomfortable staring, he starts strolling over, doing the up and down on my car while putting out his cigarette. Here is how the conversation went:

Guy: "I got one of those".
Me : Nice, what year
Guy: (ignoring my question) Whatchyu do to it?
Me: Just a cat-back and CAI so far
Guy: What brand cat-back?
Me: Borla (and here's where things get weird):
Guy: (Makes face like he smelled something bad, shaking his head)
Me : (Laughing at his directness) "Oh you don't care for Borla?"
Guy: Nope.
(uncomfortable silence)
Me : What do you have?
Guy: SLP. The best. I love it. What intake do you have?
Me : Cold Air Inductions CAI
Guy: (Makes another face and shakes head like I'm an idiot)
Me: Oh - no good?
Guy: Nope. I got K&N. It's the best.
Me : Ok......
</p>
That sounds exhausting. Telling that guy to shove it up his tailpipe because he's full of hot gas would not have been out of line...
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #32
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
We need a like button.
No. This isn't Facebook.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #33
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
I bet he doesn't even have a Camaro.

actually, the part I left out of the story is he said he's part of an NJ Camaro club and has "the fastest v6 on the east coast".
Old 12-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #34
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
I went to a local cruise in the a couple weeks ago, and like always was the only Camaro there. Then about an hour into it another Camaro rolls in. A black SS with ZL1 wheels. He parked and sat in the car for awhile. After 10 more minutes, he gets out and come over to my car. He says, "This is a 2010 isnt it?" I said "ya, how can you tell." He said, "you dont have the halos and HIDs like I do." I said, "thats just an option, thats not a distinction, my mom has a 2010 SS with the halos." He insisted he was right so I dropped it. He then proceeds to tell me how much better his car handles with the ZL1 wheels and how he would lose me on course because I still have stock wheels. I was like, "its still a staggered setup. Staggered setups are not made to handle, thats why the 1LE has a square setup." But again, I was wrong. Some people.......just make you embarrassed they drive the same car as you.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #35
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I talked to a guy a few days ago, who was driving an older Tercel, but "has one of those (Camaros) at home." He was pretty sure it has one of those V-8 motors in it, but he didn't get the mail slot option that everybody talks about. It's also REALLY fast, too............................................... .................I'm putting my money on, "He's never even driven anything faster, or other than, a Tercel."
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #36
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
I was sitting in a parking lot waiting for someone when I see this middle-aged guy with a moustache standing in front of 7-11 about 50 feet away staring at my car. After 10 mins of uncomfortable staring, he starts strolling over, doing the up and down on my car while putting out his cigarette. Here is how the conversation went:

Guy: "I got one of those".
Me : Nice, what year
Guy: (ignoring my question) Whatchyu do to it?
Me: Just a cat-back and CAI so far
Guy: What brand cat-back?
Me: Borla (and here's where things get weird):
Guy: (Makes face like he smelled something bad, shaking his head)
Me : (Laughing at his directness) "Oh you don't care for Borla?"
Guy: Nope.
(uncomfortable silence)
Me : What do you have?
Guy: SLP. The best. I love it. What intake do you have?
Me : Cold Air Inductions CAI
Guy: (Makes another face and shakes head like I'm an idiot)
Me: Oh - no good?
Guy: Nope. I got K&N. It's the best.
Me : Ok......

I spent the next 5 minutes trying to get out of the conversation and eventually started to roll out. I've talked to hundreds of guys about their cars and never once got a reaction like that!
Really? You're lucky!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #37
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2ren View Post
Well it does happen a lot, starting from the terrible campman chevy dealer in Philly pushing me out of the door as if I'm there just for a joy ride.

Then every other person on the sidewalk suddenly become an expert...... last weekend some guy at the gas station said:
"AWWWW, you shoulda get a 69, classic, yo!" act like I can just walk into a dealer and buy a brand new 69 and drive right off the lot
I should have said, sure if you give me 50k for the restoration, maintenance, garage and my time off work to fix the car

Most ppl who actually work on their cars or at least know what their cars can do, did the research before they got it are a lot more respectable.
The most unbearable ones normally talk straight out of their asses because they simply can't afford to run a fast car outside of video games.
Also there are the ppl with enough money and buy expensive cars just to show off, who don't even know how to open their hood.

Some Taiwanese princess who's still in school was asking me how much the car cost, I said "25k~55k, got mine with the faster trim for 30k"
She said "wow that's really cheap, my friend's merc starts like 40k and really fast" it's a C300......
Her boyfriend asked for the 0-60 time, I said "4.7 ish" and I did a small launch with them both in the car, they haven't dared talk about cars around me since

Right on!

Also.. People who call Mercedez "Mercs" annoy me.. IE: the British..

I've always thought of "Mercs" as Mercurys..

Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #38
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
I went to a local cruise in the a couple weeks ago, and like always was the only Camaro there. Then about an hour into it another Camaro rolls in. A black SS with ZL1 wheels. He parked and sat in the car for awhile. After 10 more minutes, he gets out and come over to my car. He says, "This is a 2010 isnt it?" I said "ya, how can you tell." He said, "you dont have the halos and HIDs like I do." I said, "thats just an option, thats not a distinction, my mom has a 2010 SS with the halos." He insisted he was right so I dropped it. He then proceeds to tell me how much better his car handles with the ZL1 wheels and how he would lose me on course because I still have stock wheels. I was like, "its still a staggered setup. Staggered setups are not made to handle, thats why the 1LE has a square setup." But again, I was wrong. Some people.......just make you embarrassed they drive the same car as you.
I bet this happens a lot with Mustang owners.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #39
dolt45
Glorious Ignoramus

Drives: SS 45th
Its just like most of the other problems in the world today: There are too many great big egos attached to little tiny peoople. (figuratively speaking)

The human race needs a serious poser-ectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk_art View Post
K&N is the best.
Was there ever any doubt? Pffft!

Disclaimer: I really have no idea WTF I'm talking about.
dolt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #40
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Lmao wtf lol
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #41
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
You chose right! In my opinion they're both top notch choices but IMO,

CAI > K&N, Borla > SLP

In any case, that was a very odd dialogue on his part.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:19 AM   #42
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
You should have replied with: "Bro, do you even lift?"
Thread winner!