Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #29
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper182 View Post
Why do we care what other people think?
We care when there is enough emotional content behind our purchase decision. Indirectly, it becomes an insult to ourselves under conditions such as you experienced.

I doubt that you'd have felt the same way if he simply said that he liked his own car better based on the flip side of the same reasons he used to put yours down with.

That said, I can't think of any similar incident in my own car ownership experience, save one. Another engineer I worked with in a long-ago job simply couldn't understand why I had rather extensively modified a car I'd bought new less than about two years before. And he said so straight to my face. I no longer remember exactly what I said in reply, but I do know that I was secure enough with what I had done that his opinion was for lack of understanding and therefore irrelevant. Water off a duck's back.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #30
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Quote:
I have noticed a trend with people and it just annoys me. I was at the local car was vacuuming out my camaro this evening and I had a guy in his STi pull up and try to bash on my car saying things like my car is ugly and nobody thinks the camaro is a great car and I should get rid of it for something faster and better. Ok first off I could care less what others think of my car of the mods that I have chosen for it. It is MY car. I make the payments on it, I do the maintenance on it, and I drive it. It just annoys me when I see people fall victim to other peoples line of thinking when it comes to what other people think of stuff you do or do not own. Maybe when I was younger I would have failed for this line of thinking but getting married, having a kid, and three deployments have changed my way of thinking. I may ask people for an opinion on a mod because I like to see other peoples thoughts on where I should go next. But at the end of the day I would not add or take something off my car or buy something because of what others think. Different strokes for different folks. It is sad to see that in the state of our economy people still have not learned. Yes the gov had a part in it but so did America’s lust for material goods. Leading up to the recession people bought homes they knew they could not afford, cars they knew they could not afford to drive and used there houses like a never ending Credit card all in an effort to play keeping up with Joneses. It is that line of thinking that has put us where we are today. Sir Winston Churchill said it best, “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” If we Americans don't start pulling our heads out of the end where the sun don't shine then we will keep repeating the mistakes of the past....sorry guys just kinda annoyed tonight.
tell him to ask his mama 'bout that... 'cept for bangin' the back of her head on the steering wheel, she liked the car last night...
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #31
Neoclasiccl

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS L99
Never had that happen but have had a few confrontations and laughing histerically shaking my head walking away does wonders.
Neoclasiccl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #32
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
I have noticed a trend with people and it just annoys me. I was at the local car was vacuuming out my camaro this evening and I had a guy in his STi pull up and try to bash on my car saying things like my car is ugly and nobody thinks the camaro is a great car and I should get rid of it for something faster and better. Ok first off I could care less what others think of my car of the mods that I have chosen for it. It is MY car. I make the payments on it, I do the maintenance on it, and I drive it. It just annoys me when I see people fall victim to other peoples line of thinking when it comes to what other people think of stuff you do or do not own. Maybe when I was younger I would have failed for this line of thinking but getting married, having a kid, and three deployments have changed my way of thinking. I may ask people for an opinion on a mod because I like to see other peoples thoughts on where I should go next. But at the end of the day I would not add or take something off my car or buy something because of what others think. Different strokes for different folks. It is sad to see that in the state of our economy people still have not learned. Yes the gov had a part in it but so did America’s lust for material goods. Leading up to the recession people bought homes they knew they could not afford, cars they knew they could not afford to drive and used there houses like a never ending Credit card all in an effort to play keeping up with Joneses. It is that line of thinking that has put us where we are today. Sir Winston Churchill said it best, “Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” If we Americans don't start pulling our heads out of the end where the sun don't shine then we will keep repeating the mistakes of the past....sorry guys just kinda annoyed tonight.

He was trying to run you off before he opened his door to vacuum. He did not want you to see that his "WRX" was really just an Impreza with a wing and some nifty decals.
I have never experienced this but then again if I did I would probably just point and laugh at their car saying and you're comparing mine against that? And finish by saying when you move out of momma's basement you will learn manners.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #33
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
How much less could you care?

I have had some people on this forum make some not so nice comments about my car but it's irrelevent to me. Everything that I've done to the car has been MY decision so I'm not really looking for your opinion. I've seen some Camaro's that I didn't like but why in the hell would I tell the owner that? It's not necessary to say something negative about someone's car, if you don't have anything nice to say than just don't say anything is my motto.

The only time I felt a little pissed off was when I called a local car show to ask what kind of cars were going to be in the show. The guy asked me what I had and I told him that my buddy and myself have new Camaro's. He told me that new production cars were not welcome, then proceeded to tell me what a piece of junk newer cars were.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #34
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
You should have ignored him completely. Anyone that stops just to tell you they don't like your car....is a complete douche and has real problems.

Thats all there is to it...not worth even posting about.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #35
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
The only time I felt a little pissed off was when I called a local car show to ask what kind of cars were going to be in the show. The guy asked me what I had and I told him that my buddy and myself have new Camaro's. He told me that new production cars were not welcome, then proceeded to tell me what a piece of junk newer cars were.

Russ
Guessing it was a Good Guys event. They generally don't seem to want anything newer than early 70's, not even the '79 RWD Malibu that I had up until last summer.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #36
YouseeSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
People are nuts man.

The WRX is a solid car, the fact that he came over and ran his mouth meant that he's a disrespectful peice of Sh*t who needs an ass kicking.

You may not need to be the person to do it, but someone needs to, and if he keeps it up he will eventually run into someone who IS looking for a confrontation. Someone WILL eventually put that guy in his place.

You did the smart thing, because Karma sorts itself out. Eventually he'll step to the wrong character and get the beatdown of his life, or worse.

As far as "what other people think." You know, I do like the positive attention my car gets, but I could do without it. I don't really get negative attention much, but unless it comes from my immediate family, I could not care less. It's nice to make a good impression on people, but there are SO many people out there who just want to piss in your cheerios that to try to please them all is a recipe for a nervous breakdown.
great post. It's only a matter of time before this idiot gets his. It actually makes me feel better knowing its coming. Just wish I could be there to see it. Is that wrong?
Old 12-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #37
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Guessing it was a Good Guys event. They generally don't seem to want anything newer than early 70's, not even the '79 RWD Malibu that I had up until last summer.

Norm
Takes away from the name "Good Guys" does it not??

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #38
ZL12013

Drives: 2013 ZL1 & 2005 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Hide it in a bush...come back later after you've taken care of him
I thought you were a cop, not the best advise I could think of, the guy served his country and needs to just enjoy his life and not worry about what people think. I found that if a person is being a jerk nothing pisses them off more than just telling them to have a nice day. If they escalate it and lay hands on you then it is a different story, call a cop. The day of simple fist fights are over now you get shot, stabbed or sued. It took me about 30 years to learn but I could care less what someone I don't know thinks about anything concerning my life.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #39
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
I came out of the supermarket once and this Fred Durst lookin' mofo was all over my car. Asked me all kinds of questions. At the end he said he hated the car, didn't like the looks of it at all. WTF? So I'm leaving and I follow him and he gets into a mini-van full of kids with a fat wife. I stopped in front of him, shook my head and pealed out.
You should have said you hate his fat wife!
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #40
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
First off I would have told that guy he kiss my ass and like you said you're the one paying your car note secondly its quite simple and that's why most v6 vs v8 threads come up because people are insecure and need validation for things in their life. I can go into detail but its just a pissing match on how paid more for their car than the other guy.
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #41
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I would have liked to have said wow " wow I hate your little slong envy subaru too its like a ugly little econo box trying to be a sports car". Maybe you should get a great big wing on the back and some real loud exhaust!!!!!And that would have shut him up, or if he had a real problem I would have no problem shutting him up the second he stepped on my property I would advise him of his right to get the F out of there as I write his license plate number down. And if I ever had a problem I would come looking for him. As I showed I am packing. Opinions are like a_ _ holes everyone has one. The right thing to actually say is "didn't your momma tell you if you didn't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #42
ZZZ

Drives: 10 SS Camaro
I used to get alot of BS from Subaru fanboys as well.

It's a loyal following. I prefer to just let my engine do the talking.
ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote