Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
I apologize but if I had been in the mindset to get pictures I might have been nosy enough to crawl under the rear end and have a look at the exhaust.

at the store before home depo Someone's granny flew through crosswalk in front of the store i was exiting and got so close that my size 12 shoe might have made contact with her rear fender Let's just say it colored the rest of my shopping trip with a red murderous haze.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #16
pocketcthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11fastss View Post
I have had people open their doors into some of my cars, while I'm sitting in them, I don't care what I'm driving, If there is plenty of empty space in the parking lot, then what does it hurt, I have seen people swing their doors open on their old crappy cars, deliberately hitting a nice car and laugh about it.
brake fluid it's wonderful stuff, that's all Im saying lol
Old 12-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #17
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb74656 View Post
...unless that someone double-parks on your side of the line.
Hey I didnt say it was fool proof...its the best I can do without double parking...
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #18
Tbar

Drives: Silver 2012 LFX
I think it's more likely to be keyed being double parked. I try to be out far and close to an island so there is still a lot of room even if someone parks in the space next to me.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #19
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb74656 View Post
...unless that someone double-parks on your side of the line.
Is it actually double parking, then, if another car can fit in the space you're "double-parking" into? That's just bad parking, in my mind.

I do it right. Put the white line right down the middle of my car so no one can fit on either side. Never been keyed, never had any issues. I have a feeling that the number of people willing to key a vehicle in the middle of a parking lot is significantly smaller than the number of people in a rush who happen to swing their door open too far and walk away thinking nothing of it.

If people want to complain while driving their shitty ford focus, get a real car then whine about it. Anyone with a decent car probably completely understands, or at least can see where you're coming from when you park like that. I have no problem being elitist, and I probably am a dbag, but its not because I double park
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #20
pocketcthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
and I probably am a dbag, but its not because I double park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
I think it's more likely to be keyed being double parked. I try to be out far and close to an island so there is still a lot of room even if someone parks in the space next to me.
agreed, or find someone with a car that costs twice what the camaro does.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #21
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
It's a DB thing.
Park next to a median where nobody else can park.
Thats the best way....
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #22
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
I cant belive anyone(Camaro owner) would have the nerve to call him a "DOUSHEBAG"because he double parked in the back 40 to protect his car,I do it ALL the time & wouldn't hesitate to injure someone effing with my 23k LS,maybe you are one of the lazy S.O.B.s that park as close to the door as possible to do less waddling into wallyworld !If so you earned your door ding...enjoy !!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #23
BlueRay-J

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Convertible
I also think double parking is arrogant. Just park far away.

It's funny, I single park my 13 ss vert out towards the back of our work lot. Right across from me is a 1LT or 2LT coupe who double parks. Both the same color, our cars stare at each other all day. Then there are 2 more double Parkers out there. An escalade and a focus. A real sharp Mustang vert parks right in the thick of the lot, not a care in the world.

Overall impression I get from them, the double Parkers feel entitled to more than their fair share.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
BlueRay-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #24
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
Spotted this one at our local Lowes
Attached Images

Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #25
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
Personally I park way out in the back of a lot but I do not double park. I park, lock my doors and walk away. If something is going to happen then its going to happen. I don't worry about it. I think double parking just draws more attention to your car. I have a buddy who has had 2 different cars keyed while double parking. He changed to just parking normally and away from other cars and has not had a issue since. Not to mention some states have laws against it and businesses can have your car towed if they feel so inclined to do so.
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #26
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I'm a DB!! F#€k with my car and welcome to the fray!!

I don't use my car to do my daily running around so my car is never parked for long periods of time.. Stop in to grab a Starbucks, a burger or what not. I will and do park as far away as possible and do and will continue to double park, but don't fret my car will be within eye sight at all times..

Just because this car is not a $150,000 + car and comparing the two is stupid and just as much as a DB statement!!

You are right it is only a Camaro but it is my Camaro the one I paid for with my hard earned money!! Yep I worked my ass off to own it like most Americans do to own what they do, and a true honest American would understand that and leave other people's property alone!! Oh wait all these people that wave the American flag and f#€k with other people's hard earned property are really not true blooded Americans now are they, and if they were we would be able to park are cars anywhere without issue now wouldn't we? Not only that we wouldn't need to lock anything up either...

Peace be with you as I double park my $40,000+ Camaro, and when you see it I hope it ruins your day!!!

DB..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #27
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Okay, all D-baggery aside...
Historically speaking (i've worked at the same place for almost 25 years) the people that park way out in the lower 40 ALWAYS get screwed with.
I've seen the one where everyone pulls thier vehicle as close as possible and completely surrounds the offending vehicle. Yeah, nothing bad will ever happen there.
The car forklifted up onto a storage pod.
One guy about 15 years ago had a Trans Am that he worshipped. He parked it against the far fence, which also happened to be a long berm where a road T'd into the road running past the front of our plant.
He would go out and sit in his car at breaks and listen to the radio.
One day while he was napping, a drunk driver came blasting down the road, ran through the T, took air off the berm and rolled in mid air landing updside down right smack on top of the guys car.....Karma's a bitch...
Everyone was okay, the car was totalled. (the drunk guy was asleep)

Personally, yeah, I pick my spots carefully, but little dings are part of life.
I swear to god there's a little man that runs around with a ball peen hammer making those little round dents in your cars body.. Just the way it is.
I bought my camaro to drive the sh#t out of it. I love it and I won't live in paranoia.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #28
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowVert View Post
I don't care who you are and where you do it... double parking is a db move...

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote