Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #15
Mankind
Whats a Millwright?

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM, 05 Wht Denali
I installed mine with the wheel in place. might have been easier to do it with the wheel off but i didn't have access to my torque wrench, brother-in-law was using it to rebuild his truck engine, and didn't want to have to look at the box sitting in my computer room another day. Prolly wont have to take the fender liner completely back off, if you put the clamp on correctly, to remove the filter
Mankind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #16
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
CRAP.. YOU GUYS MAKE ME WANNA BUY IT NOW! =( I've been saving for a couple of months now lol... I still havent pulled the trigger.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #17
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Here is my install done today...

raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #18
RED10LS

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
CRAP.. YOU GUYS MAKE ME WANNA BUY IT NOW! =( I've been saving for a couple of months now lol... I still havent pulled the trigger.
Do it now!!!!! Order it from www.autoanything.com they are usually the cheapest. I love mine and im glad I got it.
RED10LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #19
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED10LS View Post
Do it now!!!!! Order it from www.autoanything.com they are usually the cheapest. I love mine and im glad I got it.
Got an email today from AutoAnything with offer code EJL1016CC.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #20
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
Ordered mine,,,black crinkle,,glad i did,..looks awsome in above picts..waiting,,
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #21
MAGfuz

Drives: VR 2SS Convertible
Ordered mine yesterday, despite what people (mainly parents) say about installing aftermarket parts on a WARRANTIED car. I pulled the trigger and got it fro autoanything for ~$300 with free hydro shield. Now I just need to wait til it gets hear and find time to install it without them knowing, lol. Black crinkly as the polished on my old car got really dirty!
MAGfuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #22
Venom40k
No... not the SS...

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS *Red*
Just installed mine with out jacking her up..... very easy.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:20 AM   #23
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
I had a great time installing mine. I had to take it over to a friend's house as I don't own any automotive tools, myself. If I start getting more into modding, I most certainly will. Like other people, it took us about 90 minutes to install and we definitely took off the front driver-side wheel just for ease of movement. Ditto on the bolts, though. They're definitely 13mm and not 10 for the stock washer bottle.

I love this intake, so far. It gives me a nice, throaty growl when I floor it and the first time I've gone sideways around a corner (intentionally or unintentionally) was after installing the Injen. It definitely feels spicier throughout the power-band above 2K RPM. I decided to buy after seeing all of the research done by Scrming, and the recent Jannetty Racing CAI shootout really made me feel good about the purchase after the fact.

Uhh, but....does anyone else's horn sound funny after installing it? Did I forget to hook something back up?

Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #24
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
supplement this with exhaust and ull giggle even more when driving

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #25
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I have a little problem with my windshield fluid line.. I installed everything correctly..checked, double checked and checked again..but my washer fluid isn't pulling up the line... What could be my problem? A friend told me to let the resevoir sit with the cap open for abit, to allow the tube to be able to start to suction, but this doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas!?

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #26
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin1LT View Post
I have a little problem with my windshield fluid line.. I installed everything correctly..checked, double checked and checked again..but my washer fluid isn't pulling up the line... What could be my problem? A friend told me to let the resevoir sit with the cap open for abit, to allow the tube to be able to start to suction, but this doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas!?
That's a first. Did you trim the line, or leave it alone? How did you route it?

Like a straw, start looking for a pin hole somewhere in the line, after the pump. Also, take the line off the pump, and have someone hit the switch, make sure the pump is indeed working.

Sounds like there is air getting into the line from somewhere though, unless the pump isn't pumping.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #27
TMX85

Drives: 2011 IBM 2LT A6
I ordered mine in wrinkle black also, installing it friday, can't wait!
Born on 6/14 -->Arrived 6/22/10 2011 IBM 2LT A6 Bright Aluminum Wheels, Sunroof, Lip Spoiler Stealth Bulbs, Technostalgia LED tail lamps, HID's, TRIFECTA TUNE, injen CAI, CNT Racing catback exhaust, Kenwood ddx 516, metra dash kit, sirius sat radio, Hifonics Titan 1008D mono bloc amp driving a kicker solo comp 10 in its own enclosure. Power Acoustik Amp driving Hifonics 6.5 inch components and 6 x 9 infinity kappa rear components in ******** adapters, Painted Heritage Grille with custom american flag bowtie more to come!
TMX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #28
Pumpkin1LT

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
That's a first. Did you trim the line, or leave it alone? How did you route it?

Like a straw, start looking for a pin hole somewhere in the line, after the pump. Also, take the line off the pump, and have someone hit the switch, make sure the pump is indeed working.

Sounds like there is air getting into the line from somewhere though, unless the pump isn't pumping.
I didn't trim the line, but noticed that after installing the Injen resevoir I have alot of spare tubing. Should I cut the tubing down? I'll check it tomorrow for any punctures or leaks, but i am certain that there aren't any. I have a hunch that the pump just isn't pumping. However, the pump is put in properly.. Wonder if perhaps something happened when I disconnected the neg battery line and attached it after I was done the CAI install. ????? Come to think of it, my car was just at the dealership last week for CPU issues.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow and post up what I find.

A happy wife is one in the garage getting dirty under her 2010 Camaro!
Pumpkin1LT is offline   Reply With Quote