Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-26-2011, 09:00 AM   #113
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Camaro View Post
Thanks, for contacting some companys, I hope you showed interest!!! That is what they are looking for!!! I have a very expensive Desktop it is an Alienware!!!!! I guess I could get a really long power cord if I needed to
lol that is what I have I don't think the battery would last through ONE data logging and would add 30 lbs to the car.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:22 AM   #114
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will@AdkinsPerformance View Post
If we didn't have laptops here at home and with my 2LT I'd be hard pressed as well. Laptops cost as much as the tune...which isn't cheap. With that said, Vince does do excellent work--I've been very impressed. I contacted Diable, HP Tuners, and even EFI live--I hope we get a more universal option for all involved.

I've heard EFI live has a guy in IL working on a tune for us... Idk how thats going though.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:38 AM   #115
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
''I have a very expensive Desktop it is an Alienware!!!!!''

thats very on topic!

thank you for your help though with all these companies i really appreciate you trying to get us more products for our cars
i really do thank you for that!

anyways i posted in the thread and voted for a tune from diablo sport the first day this thread was started.

you are taking this way too seriously which is a good thing but if they dont make a tune its not the end of the world

be glad you have a camaro!!!!!!!!
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #116
1sikRS

Drives: chevy
i hope they come out with something. cause vince isnt emailing me back and im not chasing someone to get a tune for my car. someone will sure want the money for it hopefully diablo or EFI iis coming out w something soon. im gonna need it b4 i get the CEL from LTS im kinda picky i dont wanna drive the car with any warning lights on lol looks like garbage
1sikRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #117
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Well, hope I'm not bringing this thread back to life for nothing...well see. But I found this quoted from a fairly new member named "tony312" in the official V6 drag thread.

Dated 4/14/11
Quote:
also i talked to the people at diablo today and the long awaited hand held tune is on the way, he said 1-2 months, but the works are done, they are waiting for marketing to kick in...

but the bad new's.....is about a 7-9 rwhp increase....but they did very well for the a6 cars as far as TM and shift points, they managed to add a tune to a stock 2011 with the a6 and got it to shave 3/ths off the time with the tune....so happy birthday to all the a/6 cars.....but as far as myself, and my fellow m6 buddys, we are in ruins. lol
Power gain sounds about right...little to none. What sounds strange is gaining time in the 1/4 mile with the transmission tune. The trifecta trans tune didn't seem to increase anyone's times, or so they thought.

Heres hoping that we hear something eventually.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #118
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
HMM well we will see. very interesting though.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:55 PM   #119
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
My theory was that the trans tune SHOULD improve the 1/4 mile times. The meshing of the gears, lowering throttle for softer shifts, etc. all equate to lower acceleration, so any improvement in shifting performance should improve 1/4 mile times. Think of it this way: If I shift manually, then the faster I shift gears without losing RPM, the faster my final time and the higher my trap speed. So, if the trans tune equates to a faster shifting of gears without a lag or decrease in throttle, then I should see the same type of improvement.

No one has reported back with their improve/changed/same times yet since adding the trans tune. So hopefully as more tracks open, we'll start seeing updates on this.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #120
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Took car to dealer to see if they could calibrate the speedo for recent gear change... turns out they could for around $600, and of coarse I told them to go kick rocks, but I also learned that they did not end up changing the Bosch platform for the 2012 models, so that is not a hang up anymore. Gonna wait just a little longer, and see if someone steps up on the handheld.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote