Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-31-2011, 07:06 PM   #15
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
OK, here it is, 2010 SS with 1-7/8" Stainless works LT headers and Flowmaster American Thunder cat back with DMH electric cutouts. Don't mind the crappy quality. It was taken with my iphone stuck in the plate of another car. Not bad considering!
Sweet!!!

This is mine, QTP, standard exhaust...
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #16
c-dub
It's that guy

Drives: 2011 SIM SS/RS
NICE
Old 05-31-2011, 09:54 PM   #17
cplhester

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Manual
Thanks for the replies everyone!
cplhester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #18
Bonemaro

Drives: 2010 RJT 1SS M6
Send a message via AIM to Bonemaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I just put a set of DMH cutout on this past weekend.

Super easy install IF you have access to a devise to cut the exhaust and a welder. Took me about 4 hours working slowly. I put the switch in the power port next to the traction control button. very stealth. Its too loud to drive open but it is fun to pop them open at idle!
Good work Jason you are the man !!
Bonemaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #19
Zach
66ford pickup

Drives: Still lookin for a camaro
honostly i dont think either or would make a difference... a little bit in HP maybe.... took me a few hours to make mine (mine were manuel not electric) like someone else said just need to be able to have the right tools to install... it is not hard at all to install just pull the exhaust cut the hole weld in cutout reattach to car then run the wiring to the switch

1966 F100
352 V8
white/blue
Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #20
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
You guys that say the cutouts are easy to install must be experts. It took me over a week just to find someone to install my QTP cutouts. I found a speed shop that said they would do it on a time & material basis. It took one guy all day and another guy 1/2 a day to install mine.

For those that are interested I would suggest you check out the digital read out that is an option from QTP. You can program the controller to open in 10% increments. Personally I keep my QTP's open @ 50%. It's not as loud as fully open but it has the perfect sound that I like. When they are fully open the back pressure is really loud which I hate listening to. I don't know how bad the back pressure is on an automatic but it's pretty loud if you slow down and don't push the clutch in on a manual tranny.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #21
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Russ,

I would have installed yours. . It was easy. I question the guys at the shop you went tos ability!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #22
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
The QTP cutouts are pretty easy to put in if you have a stock exhaust. If you have an after-market exhaust and you have an LS3, then they fit pretty well right behind the headers (where the cats would go). However, I have an L99 and an after-market exhaust, so they couldn't get the round QTP cutouts to tuck up high enough (the transmission pan takes up more room in an L99 and doesn't allow the cutouts to tuck up in high enough). This was only a problem because my car is lowered and we were afraid the cutouts might bottom out on speed bumps. So my shop had to do some extra masterful fabrication work to get them to fit, but they did it. Here is video clip for you. I LOVE the sound, but when they are open, they are stupid loud. But, they are really fun to open when someone in the adjacent lane at a red light starts revving his motor.

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #23
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
QTP cutouts l and r

Are there a left and right hand cutout for these I did mine today but the left side doesnt match the tip cut out. I have both actuators facing in. The right is perfect but the left is off. the qtp letters are also on the bottom not the top. Need help asap in middle of install
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #24
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
heat by gas and brake lines

does any one have a suggestion regarding the gas and brake lines near the cutout on the passenger side? Is this something to worry about and what is the solution. I wanted to put a piece of heat shield there but cant find anything to match the factory stuff. I can only find the heat shield with the insulation in the middle and its going to look like crap
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #25
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
What's the price on these things? May be something I'd like to do! Would sound great with my Dynatech LT's!!!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:15 PM   #26
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoinandout View Post
does any one have a suggestion regarding the gas and brake lines near the cutout on the passenger side? Is this something to worry about and what is the solution. I wanted to put a piece of heat shield there but cant find anything to match the factory stuff. I can only find the heat shield with the insulation in the middle and its going to look like crap
Where are you mounting them? I can't recall any gas/brake lines being in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
What's the price on these things? May be something I'd like to do! Would sound great with my Dynatech LT's!!!
They are great fun. I got mine for $375 and installed them myself but they are DMH not QTP. No real difference except the controller. You can set the QTP to a percentange but I have noticed you want all or nothing.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #27
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Where did you buy the DMH's from?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:26 PM   #28
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Where did you buy the DMH's from?
The guy that makes them. He lives by me. I buy them direct from him. They are really nice. You can alos buy them from him online direct for I think its $399 including shipping. Not 100% sure though.

http://www.dmhperformance.com/

You want the low profile ones. They are rectangular like in the pics I posted above. I don't see them listged online but I just called him up and told him what I needed. If you tell him its for a Camaro, he will know what you need. You can get it for 2.5" or 3" exhaust.

Didnt you go to Oshawa?? I ran with mine open a lot. If you saw a really freakin loud silver car, it was me!

I also installed a set on Jamie Mac's car but his are located in the back, just before the mufflers so its a bit quieter. You have some options on installation.