Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #15
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Ported Throttle Body, High Flow Cat's (Can leave the current exhaust and do this) and Tune... But keep in mind a tune will most likely void the warranty.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #16
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by azw131 View Post
People around here tend to not take kindly to bragging about which cars you beat especially with the V6. (I have a V6 too btw). Also it's much more likely that your running mid 14's rather than low 14's. It's good you're excited about the car though and I'm sure you'll find yourself right at home here on C5. Below are the most popular mod choices for what you were looking for.

1.Vararam or CAI intake

2.RX or Elite Catch Can

3.Trifecta Tune (I wouldn't bother with this until after you get LT headers or some other more major mods)
You can't put a Vararam on an LFX, either.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyV6 View Post
are you sure?
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Best mod you can do is take those heavy Ls rims and tires off and the stock exhaust is pretty heavy also
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #19
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Tune, custom from HP Tuners, IPF or trifecta. I prefer that order. the speed limiter can be removed too. I think you may be close to IPF.

Full exhaust with High Flow cats- SOLO for this, and a CAI intake if not going forced induction. Lighter wheels combo as well.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #20
azw131
Team LLT

Drives: 2012 WRX (Stage 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
You can't put a Vararam on an LFX, either.
Ah, right. I skimmed over the part where he mentioned he has a 2013, otherwise I wouldnt have brought up the headers. Didn't realize you cant put a vararam on an lfx though.

Mods: Bolt On's and Such, Some Cosmetic Stuff Too
azw131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #21
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Yes, ditch those heavy steel wheels if you haven't already. Get some lighter wheels on there (perhaps some shorter tires), and it will make a world of difference.

I also ended up with a 2013 2LS, unfortunately they are the factory economizer and you are already at a disadvantage compared to the 1LS, 1/2LT cars because the 2LS has a 2.92 diff ratio to achieve that EPA rated 30 mpg hwy, while all of the other cars auto's got the 3.27 gears, and manuals got the 3.45, which is why I mention shorter tires because it will act like a lower (numerically higher) gear ratio without switching any expensive parts, it will however make your speedometer read slightly off depending on how short you go.

A good cold air intake, and some high flow cats will be worth the $$, but IMO lighter wheels, and shorter tires will be the best bang for your buck. After those, a ported throttle body is also worth while. After that if you still want to go faster, it's all in how much money you want to throw at it. Weight reduction is the best friend of a 2LS car. Shed as much weight as possible.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote