Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-11-2014, 12:34 PM   #15
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
What setting do you have yours on? I have mine at full stiff on both, but the understeer is still an issue. I've heard setting the front to medium and keeping the rear stiff will help me? Thoughts?
If this is steady-state or midcorner understeer, yes. You would have too much roll stiffness up front relative to the amount of roll stiffness out back.

The general answer involving only the bars would be your choice of setting the front bar softer or the rear bar firmer, except that you have no more room to stiffen your car's rear bar.

Sometimes understeer is driver-caused by corner entry speeds that are too high and/or steering inputs that are too fast for the tires to keep up with. Make sure this isn't the problem first.

"Best" would be whose-ever's bars can get closest to your stiffness requirements, and here is where having both bars adjustable can be a significant benefit.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #16
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Quote:
What setting do you have yours on? I have mine at full stiff on both, but the understeer is still an issue. I've heard setting the front to medium and keeping the rear stiff will help me? Thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
That is correct! Full hard=biased to understeer (tight), full soft= biased to oversteer (loose).
Yup. U nailed it. My front is the medium (middle hole) and rear I have on the stiffest.

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #17
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
If this is steady-state or midcorner understeer, yes. You would have too much roll stiffness up front relative to the amount of roll stiffness out back.

The general answer involving only the bars would be your choice of setting the front bar softer or the rear bar firmer, except that you have no more room to stiffen your car's rear bar.

Sometimes understeer is driver-caused by corner entry speeds that are too high and/or steering inputs that are too fast for the tires to keep up with. Make sure this isn't the problem first.

"Best" would be whose-ever's bars can get closest to your stiffness requirements, and here is where having both bars adjustable can be a significant benefit.

Norm
Yep. It's important to not out-drive your tires. Those of us with all-season tires have to keep in mind that our tires don't grip as well as P-Zeros, so we can't necessarily do the same maneuvers with those that have better tires.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:49 PM   #18
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Maro View Post
whats everyone's pick? and where to buy.
My first choice would be the Pfadt ZL spec sway bars, then Hotchkis or BMR.

With the Pfadt and BMR bars you can reuse your stock endlinks since you have a 2013. Hotchkis has a unique endlink design for the rear, but they are included.

We offer and have hands on installation knowledge with all 3 brands so let me know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Going to a softer setting up front is likely what you need to do. That or get some wider tires up front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
I have the Pfadt sport sways (FE3 suspension still on my 2010) and love them. Tyler at JDP really helped me out with getting the best bang for the buck once my first option (pedders 27/31mm bars) weren't available. If I had a bit more money at the time, I probably would have gone with the Pfadt ZL1 spec bars, but now that I have the Sports I think the ZL1's might have been a bit too much since I don't really track the car. I've only had them installed for a month now, so my opinion may change once I really get it opened up in the warmer weather.

Pfadt sports = only the rear is 3-way adjustible. I have the rear set to full-stiff.
The Pfadt Sport sways are still a great option for those wanting better handling. The ZL spec bars are definitely a better option due to the design and fluid feeling transitions, but unless you are tracking/autocrossing the car, most people won't be able to tell too much of a difference.

But for the OP already having all the pieces for the ZL spec bars, they would definitely be my choice.

If I can answer any questions, please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #19
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
What end links would be best to go with (I have a 2010 SS)
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #20
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Detroit Speed Engineering. Had Pedder's before but since they're unavailable now, my shop that was a Pedder's retailer suggested and highly recommended DSE. I went DSE with their ZL1/1LE conversion bars and their dropped springs. Just like having my Pedder's again.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #21
blake2010ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to blake2010ss Send a message via MSN to blake2010ss
Got my pfadt zl spec sways ordered. Thanks to Tyler at jdp motorsports for all the help.

416, AGP 6262, E85, Cam
blake2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:08 PM   #22
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQdDude View Post
What end links would be best to go with (I have a 2010 SS)
Are you sticking with FE3 style sway bars or upgrading to the FE4 style?

If you are sticking with the FE3, I'd suggest the BMR endlinks Part # ELK004 and don't forget the reinforcement tabs (part # ELK009) if you have stock lower control arms.

For FE4, The stock ZL1 Endlinks work well, but the older models will have to open up the hole in their front struts from 10mm to 12mm to accommodate for the larger endlinks studs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake2010ss View Post
Got my pfadt zl spec sways ordered. Thanks to Tyler at jdp motorsports for all the help.
Thanks for the order and support! We'll keep you updated as soon as we hear any more info regarding the availability. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #23
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
I went with hotchkiss. Has a great feel but the endlinks eventually started to make an atrocious crunching sound. A little trial and error trying to remedy the solution but in the end I had to swap to the Pedders end links and then I had no more issues.