Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #155
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
Over the last year, we have had no less than a dozen guys say they would let us use the car to verify the complete kit.

The car we built the kit on had a few major upgrades that we werent sure would work on the stock kit. So after our 2nd revision, we put out a request for a donor car. They would get the kit at dead cost, and have free installation. In return, we would verify the production kit.

Well, after a year, and a dozen failed attempts, we just back burner'd the kit. Last week, we had another customer from FL claim he was gonna let us use his car. Hopefully, if/when he decides, we will get it finished.

But we have had the kit ready for over a year now. We just will NOT ship a production kit until we have tested it on a factory stock car (bolt on's ok). The GTO market is extremely small, so the sales volume wont exceed more than a dozen or so kits. We dont want to have any production revisions.

Why did we stop posting on the GTO board? Because they loved to talk, but wouldnt put their money where their mouth was. We offered a complete GTO kit, installed, with KB warranty, for a couple grand, and NO ONE took us up on it. All they did, was complain as to why it wasn't out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjectionConnection View Post
TPE, U had alot of GTO guys really interested in a KB only to go over to the Corvette forum and basically say buh bye to the gto board?

It would be nice to hear why u just jumped ship on the GTO KB kit,I think it wouldve sold well?
Old 01-17-2010, 04:36 PM   #156
camaro692

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, G8 GT, HD FLHRX
how bout a complete camaro kit for a couple grand?? I will high altitude test it in CO!
Old 01-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #157
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Stay on topic please......
Old 01-17-2010, 06:19 PM   #158
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
I'm actually buying a blower this week. Can you help answer my questions?

I really liked KB on my truck.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #159
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
I for one and very 'pro' KB. I've already heard of cases of the Maggie 2300 guys being out of blower as they want to up the boost. The KB unit is ready to go. I heard about having to tame the blower for the 6.2...which is awesome because you know you can pulley that thing with the right 'support' mods and get ready to rip big HP numbers.

I would like to know some IAT vs ambient temps numbers though with the KB. I run a methanol kit on my buick with 100% meth in the tank...I swear by it.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #160
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
I for one and very 'pro' KB. I've already heard of cases of the Maggie 2300 guys being out of blower as they want to up the boost. The KB unit is ready to go. I heard about having to tame the blower for the 6.2...which is awesome because you know you can pulley that thing with the right 'support' mods and get ready to rip big HP numbers.

I would like to know some IAT vs ambient temps numbers though with the KB. I run a methanol kit on my buick with 100% meth in the tank...I swear by it.
We have several 2300s at over 20lbs,way more than any stock bottom end can take.I would say the tvs will have a lot lower iats.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #161
J-Dog

Drives: 2005 LPE Corvette - Stroked LS7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
I would say the tvs will have a lot lower iats.
I agree
Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #162
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
I'm actually buying a blower this week. Can you help answer my questions?

I really liked KB on my truck.
If theres anything i can do for you give me a call,i cant answer any KB questions but i can help you with anything that has to do with the 2300.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:24 AM   #163
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Keep comments on topic...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 01-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #164
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
well i like. but still have not seen potential of vortex supercharger. i have that on the car and am waiting to here and see the numbers once installed. also thinking of running 8psi cause i am worried about my stock internals. not sure how much they can handle.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:43 PM   #165
Whipple Charged

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
If you guys do a search, compare there "numbers" of a non high pressure unit vs. a standard unit. High pressure units are meant for well over 15psi and they picked up a claimed 40+hp at high pressure over there standard units yet everyone else can compete with standard pressure units. HP units can't be used on these cars unless you far exceed 15psi, and those also take more hp/fuel etc to operate during non-high boost situations. So, this leaves you with the units that are 1.4pr and if you truly research the info, you will see that only the HP units worked really well. An inherent flaw in the 4/6 rotor combo is its low VE until high speeds. Its advantage is at very high speeds which is for modified motors only. Peak boost for peak boost, the Maggie 2300 TVS and Whipple 2.9L will make significantly more torque.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #166
will69camaro

Drives: 1969 and 2010 Camaros
Where is the Whipple kit then. Haven't seen updates on it in a while.

Not trying to be sarcastic I'm actually curious. We've been attempting to see when kits are going to be available for both KB and Whipple but not much communication back so far.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #167
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Vendors,

Please respect the OP's post regarding thier products.

You are more then welcome to make a thread illustrating your capabilities comparied to others but do so outside of another vendor's thread please.

Thanks very much for your cooperation,

Chris
Old 01-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #168
Whipple Charged

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post
It depnds on who you ask..

In my opinion, the company that R&D's their own product, is at the forefront of design, uses the latest technology, and gives you the absolute best product for the money, is the product i would go with.

Wether that is KB or Whipple, is up to you.

I can tell you this

KB:
  • Has their own pateted head units
  • Uses CNC'd Solid Billet 6061 Aluminum Head Units
  • Uses the latest, and most advanced rotor designs
  • Saves cast parts for their inlets, and not the blowers
  • Hard Annodizes everything, and does not powdercoat or paint
  • Owns Their own Chassis Dyno, Engine Dyno, Blower Dyno, 2 Flow Benches (You would be amazed at who doesnt own these)
  • Durability tests all parts for years prior to release
  • Is the ONLY compay that has a watercooled head unit
  • Is the ONLY company with a patented vent valve on their head unit
  • Has the Largest PD blowers in the country for road going vehicles
  • Is the only twin screw company in the US that builds complete turn key twin screw blower kits for the GM lineup in house.
  • Is THE leader in Ford supercharger applications. They are the undisputed kings in that arena.
For the dollar spent, the quality of parts in a KB can not be touched by any other top mount blower in the industry.. They are the ONLY company to offer solid billet CNC'd head units.

But then again, everyone has their preference, and they will all make you p!zz your pants..
Not true:
1. Claims patent pending, but currently no patents are awarded.
2. These are not CNC'd 6061 material. The housings are extruded aluminum which is NOT the same as Billet.
3. Does not, these rotors were designed in the mid 80's by SRM and they're sister company Opcon Autorotor.
4. There is nothing wrong with cast parts, and it offers many other benefits that extruded aluminum does not.
5. Hard anodizing has been proven to have very low thermal conductivity and lower heat dissipation.
6. They don't have an engine dyno.
7. Years?
8. Not true, were releasing water cooled units shortly.
9. Patent pending vent valve. Not patented.
10. This is a joke, Whipple has the biggest sc's and is a true MFG, not an importer from J&M Tech. Whipple has, and you can currently purchase the 4.0 and 5.0, as well as the 8.3. The 4.5 and 5.2 are just on the horizion as is the 13 and 16 liter SC's.
11. Where is this BS coming from? We, as in Whipple, are the only twin screw mfg in the US, and have been building GM kits since 1988.
12. Undisputed leader by they're own propaganda. Why does Ford Racing pick Whipple? Why did Shelby start offering Whipple after originally offering KB?

Almost none of these facts you posted are even remotely true. Again, KB doesn't even mfg superchargers. They import them from J&M Tech, or HPS Superchargers, look them up. Those housings are not machined from a solid piece of billet, they're extruded aluminum housings. Then machined, then hard anodizied. Extrusions are not as strong as raw billet.

Closed Thread