Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Suspension gurus... Please step inside.

Hey guys, I need help from all the suspension gurus out there! I have a few performance mods on my car and now want to start looking into suspension mods. I mostly drag race but want a setup that will allow me to autocross as well. That being said, I know subframe bushings, trailing arms, and sway bars will all be good investments. My big question is simple, what will I need to do to convert from the fe2 suspension I currently have to the latest fe5? Will I for sure need to swap the v6 brakes to brembos? I hear the fe5 sways will rub on the v6 brakes? Also, what other parts are worth looking into? Thanks in advance!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
I know for he fe4 you need to change your lower control arms and I assume the same for fe5. Look into some toe/tie rods also and if you add alot of power some differential bushings.
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Who says they hit the V6 brakes? Are there pictures/proof of this or is this trolling/hearsay? It may depend on the manufacture as well.

You will need new lower control arms if you go FE5. The Pfadt Sport Sways, FE3, do make a great improvement over stock. Not to be brand specific, the Pedders FE3 upgrade sways are very good too and you do not need to change out your LCA's.

If you would like to see some pictures of the Pfadt ZL1 clearances check out this link.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285249

Oh, do not forget toe rods.

If you are going to use drag radial you also may want to investigate axles too.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
fe5 not happening (zl1 susension) at least not all the way. fe4 (SS) or fe6 (1le) is what you will need to convert to. as far as i know you will need lca's, end links, sways, lots of bushings, shocks, springs. may be some more stuff too but experts will chime in
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Give this a read. It will at least give you ALL the information about the Camaro Suspension and it is good for you to know before you do anything.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90270

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
lscamaro

Well I've seen it said more than a few times that OEM zl1 or 1le sway bars will rub on the v6 brakes?

Old 04-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

OIC, I was not aware of this.

Is it only OEM? Where does it rub? Do you have any pictures of were it rubs? Can you use the method I used with my DSS Axle issue to fix it?

Inquiring mind would like to know.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
lscamaro

I'm not sure if it's only OEM. I saw that OEM rubbed and figured everything else will to. But now that you mention it, it's got me thinking. I'm going to ask around and see if any aftermarket companies have had problems with it.

Let me see if I can get a pic of where it rubs.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #9
lscamaro

***** Update ********

Well I asked Pete from Pedders if the Pedders Z Bar would rub on the v6 brakes. I got a response from his saying that the Pedders Z Bar was designed to not rub on v6 brakes as well as accommodate wider rear tires and supercar coilovers. Good to know at least one bar will fit!

Old 04-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #10
lscamaro

****** Another Update ********

Pfadt just got back to me and has stated that their ZL1 sway will not work with v6 brakes