Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Where to Start Suspension

Thinking into the future about suspension mods. I go to the 1/4 strip every now and then and like to play on the streets. Where should I start with my suspension work? Money is a limit so nothing costly if possible but quality is still wanted. Only thing I have are eibach springs as far as susp.
I have few ideas but wanted some knowlege like why should I get "A" over "B" and maybe some links will be helpful, thanks.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
This is what I recommend:

Pfadt Rear Arm Package (Trailing Arms/Toe Rods) : This will help extremely well with wheel hop conditions. Good for street/strip.

Pfadt Sport Sway Bar Package: This will help stiffen up the rear for launching, and overall on the street/strip improve handling greatly.

The springs are more for looks than anything else, but still aesthetics is good!

Then you can add in some further items I like to do:

- Poly Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings (Help with negative camber AFTER the launcH)
- Solid Subframe Bushing Set
- Coilover Set

Here is my street combination, running 1.47 60' in this video with 18" Z06 rims with street M/T drag radials. Been a best of 1.39 60' on the M&H 17" dot radials.

Feel free to ask any questions please!

Last edited by Matt @ FSP; 04-23-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #3
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Subframe bushings are a great place to start and not too much money if you can do the work your self. Check out energy suspension. I picked up the entire set of rear subframe bushings for about $330 bucks
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post

Pfadt Rear Arm Package (Trailing Arms/Toe Rods) : This will help extremely well with wheel hop conditions. Good for street/strip.

Pfadt Sport Sway Bar Package: This will help stiffen up the rear for launching, and overall on the street/strip improve handling greatly.

The springs are more for looks than anything else, but still aesthetics is good!

- Poly Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings (Help with negative camber AFTER the launcH)
- Coilover Set

Here is my street combination, running 1.47 60' in this video with 18" Z06 rims with street M/T drag radials. Been a best of 1.39 60' on the M&H 17" dot radials.

This!
Just got my Tie Rods to go along with the Trailing Arms and looking to get their Sub Frame Bushings next.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Sway bars would be my next purchase based on what you have stated...outside of drop springs, most bang for your buck...and if possible, I'd update with new LCA's to run the 2012 and up rear bar. After that I would either do subframe bushings.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
I would check the C5 classifieds to see if anyone has upgraded their suspension and has some of the things you are looking for to save a few bucks if money is tight.

Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

But seriously, Matt is right on the money but if you are on the street more the sways will give you more bang for your buck like SoCal said. Nothing quite like taking corners and on ramps just a little faster. They make your car corner flatter and give you more confidence.

Trailing arms and Toe Rods will get rid of wheel hop but you really will not notice them until you get on the track.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #7
Bulldogge

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS CGM
Best deal on a starting setup i've found is Hotchkis Stage 1 Package. 1" lowering springs, and front/rear sway bars. MarylandSpeed.com has this setup for $450/shipped. I've read only good things about Hotchkis on here on C5.
Bulldogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #8
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
bushing bushings bushing solid and complete where applicable no inserts. bushing bushing sways and endlinks and lca. if you want to go crazy a good set of coilovers that come with a warranty and more bushings
Old 04-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #9
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post

- Coilover Set

^^This!!

Please PM or Call me with any questions.

Thanks

JT
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote