Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
Bobaloo
Member "O'l Farts"

Drives: 2012 SS Coupe/Automatic/Sunroof
New Tires On Way

After reading and talking to people for a month I just ordered a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS (dry/wet/snow) tires in the original equipment size for my 2012 SS. My neighbor uses them on both his BMW and Porche. They were $275 less than Pirelli Scorpions but more than General or Goodyear. These are made in Germany and are warranted for 50K miles. I'll run my Pirelli's until December and then change.

Hope I made a good decision............anyone chime in?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:57 AM   #2
Sidewinder

Drives: 2SS/RJT/A6/Received 09/09/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobaloo View Post
After reading and talking to people for a month I just ordered a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS (dry/wet/snow) tires in the original equipment size for my 2012 SS. My neighbor uses them on both his BMW and Porche. They were $275 less than Pirelli Scorpions but more than General or Goodyear. These are made in Germany and are warranted for 50K miles. I'll run my Pirelli's until December and then change.

Hope I made a good decision............anyone chime in?
I too have installed Continental DWS recently, car handles very good and much less road noise. Good choice!
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I have had them on my camaro for over a year now and I have no issues with them at all. When I bought them I drove the camaro all year round in west coast winters which is just a lot of rain. Since moving to Alberta last year I don't drive the camaro in the winter.

Overall I think they are one of the best tires out there for regular street driving. They're great in the rain, good dry traction and have a great long tread life.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
Rudy@Tirerack

Drives: 1-800-428-8355 X4664
This is very good option if you looking for an all season tire. They ride very good and wear well. I would expect to get 50k on them on an SS camaro however, but they will wear better than the Pirelli factory tires. They will also give you a little cold weather and snow traction should you see any.
Rudy@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote