Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #29
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
This month is the 20th anniversary for my business (Enterprise IT support). I've had worse days than Doug I bet, days and days of no sleep trying to fix issues someone else effed up, and let go of some clients before I killed them. But I did it as nice as possible.

Never once would I ever even dream of acting like that. And I'm way more indispensable to my clients than a car tuner. Word of mouth has me turning down new business weekly.

Anyways, I don't have a dog in this fight, but reading this post last night just infuriated me, for good reason. Doesn't matter at all if the OP's car is a total P.O.S.(and it sure doesn't look like one), it is his pride and joy. You could sure tell he was hurt by the remarks more so than the crappy service. Then Doug, instead of going and getting the sleep he apparently needed so bad, has to go and post the most asinine reply I've ever heard from a vendor on any forum.

Edit: There was a post above mine, now deleted.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #30
East Coast Supercharging

Drives: 8 second C5 Drag Car, C6 Road racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
This month is the 20th anniversary for my business (Enterprise IT support). I've had worse days than Doug I bet, days and days of no sleep trying to fix issues someone else effed up, and let go of some clients before I killed them. But I did it as nice as possible.

Never once would I ever even dream of acting like that. And I'm way more indispensable to my clients than a car tuner. Word of mouth has me turning down new business weekly.

Anyways, I don't have a dog in this fight, but reading this post last night just infuriated me, for good reason. Doesn't matter at all if the OP's car is a total P.O.S.(and it sure doesn't look like one), it is his pride and joy. You could sure tell he was hurt by the remarks more so than the crappy service. Then Doug, instead of going and getting the sleep he apparently needed so bad, has to go and post the most asinine reply I've ever heard from a vendor on any forum.

Edit: There was a post above mine, now deleted.
You're are absolutely correct and I do agree. But what else is there to do but apologize to the members here for what has been said. I have already been in contact with the customer and we will be getting the car running properly and tuned. So you think it makes sense to punish a whole shop full of people that rely on our customers to put food on our tables all because Doug treated someone poorly?

Chris
East Coast Supercharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #31
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
You're the co-owner. Fire him and maybe people will forgive you.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #32
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Man...rough crowd in here.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #33
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Man...rough crowd in here.

not at all and that car coulda been a ford and you'd have the same backlash from here. Albeit not as brutal maybe but considerable, it's the whole principal of what was said and then how it was handled by Doug at ECS i congratulate the ECS Forum Sponsor here for posting and apologizing but i'll agree with a few others if my own family worked with me and did that they'd be gone.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #34
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
LMAO wrong he is but fire him really? All the years of good work and one slip up everyone yelling burn him, he should get on the forums and apoligize himself and make everything right by the customer and that should be the end of it. He has mouths to feed as well and everyone makes mistakes. I say if he puts the same effort that he did to talk down to the person and his car in making it right then he is alright by me if he is alright by the customer that was disrespected.

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stoneat her."
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #35
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Supercharging View Post
You're are absolutely correct and I do agree. But what else is there to do but apologize to the members here for what has been said. I have already been in contact with the customer and we will be getting the car running properly and tuned. So you think it makes sense to punish a whole shop full of people that rely on our customers to put food on our tables all because Doug treated someone poorly?

Chris
Is this the type of behavior toward customer care & service tolerated at your shop?
Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #36
willhe64

The head of Microsoft Entertainment just got fired on the spot for tweeting "deal with it" in regards to the new xbox's mandatory internet requirement.

Every single person who has ever been fired has had mouths to feed. I'm not even saying he should be fired. Just that I would have. Real fast like.

Do what you want, ECS. Not our call. But we still get to choose who we do business with.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #37
tandtperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2011 PACE CAR 2012 ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to tandtperformance
ecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
True, but maybe that kid was a dick to them? Maybe the car was hacked. Something had to get Doug so fired up. That's not how he is.

Yes, his response back was full of doucebagary. I agree 1000%.
if the kid was a dick to them dont you think doug would have said that in his post
tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #38
willhe64

^^ Take a look at what Tim did to make a problem right that wasn't really no longer his obligation. That is what gets you loyalty from a customer, not just business.

Congrats on getting LS1Tech to delete the post Chris.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #39
Virus

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Why can't I see it
Old 06-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #40
lexlueger

Drives: V10 BMW M5, Supercharged 2SS/RS
Lol@ all the panties in a bunch in here. Good shop with solid builds, no? Guy had a bad day, said some shit he shouldn't have. Nobody died, they apologized...get over it. group hug?
IW 8 RIB PULLEY W/ OD COG REARS
NX EXPRESS/NANO KIT

KDI HEAT EXCHANGER/ROTOFAB RESERVOIR
CIRCLE D 2800 TC/FLEX PLATE/ADM TRANS COOLER
DSS DRIVESHAFT/1400 HP AXLES
EATON TRUETRAC -LPE 3.27 GEARS
DYNATECH HEADERS/MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST
SQUASH RETURN STYLE FS ID 850's E85/ FLEXFUEL
BMR/EIBACH SUSPENSION

KILL MODE, ON.

lexlueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #41
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tandtperformance View Post
if the kid was a dick to them dont you think doug would have said that in his post
Don't know. I'm not Doug. You'll need to ask him.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #42
willhe64

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger View Post
Lol@ all the panties in a bunch in here. Good shop with solid builds, no? Guy had a bad day, said some shit he shouldn't have. Nobody died, they apologized...get over it. group hug?
I loves me some internet