Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 02-18-2015, 10:12 AM   #15
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
Those tailights look very familiar....I think ive seen them on the 2014's and 2015's....
I have no problems with those taillights, but I don't think they look anything like a 2014. My problem is that on the 2014, they carried the light off the rear of the car, around the corner, and into the rear quarter panel. Had they left it like the '69 lights, I would have been all for it. We have a SS396 '69, and I love the back of that car!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 10:32 AM   #16
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
As kids, we dreamed of finding hidden pirate treasure, or buried chests of gold in our backyards. I cannot imagine how many cubic yards of dirt I rearranged in my backyard as a young boy (still never found it... must be very well hidden).

As adults, some people really actually do find Camaros like this one. I'm glad for things like this, to keep childhood dreams alive.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:48 PM   #17
MCSarge
USMC 1980-1990

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My dad did maintenance in a retirement community and one day one of the elderly ladies that lived there asked him if he knew anyone that wanted an "old used car" for 750.00 He was always looking for deals so he went and looked at it and it turned out to be a 69 Olds W42. It had a lot of body rust from living in MI but he bought it. Needless to say it didn't take long for it to find a new home.

There are a lot of good deals out there if you are in the right place with the cash at the right time. I paid 2000.00 for an original 1987 FXR Harley a couple of years ago.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:24 PM   #18
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Yeah, but I'm grateful for these collectors. It's really cool to see the peices of automotive history like this in it's original, showroom condition. These are folks that really have some foresight into the future. Just as today, people were snapping these things up and modifying them, just as we do to our cars today, use them up, and trade them in, sell them, and 36 years later we wish we still had it.

I wonder what they will say about the 2010 SS with only 20K miles in factory original condition in 2046?
Which brings up a good point.

Do you think that when the baby boomer generation starts to die off that many of these "classic" cars will come back onto the market?

How many of the kids who inherent these cars know what they have or their value?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:55 PM   #19
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Which brings up a good point.

Do you think that when the baby boomer generation starts to die off that many of these "classic" cars will come back onto the market?

How many of the kids who inherent these cars know what they have or their value?
it kind of worries me. Kids nowadays grow up playing video games and sitting in the house all day. When I was 15, the biggest day of your life was when you got your driver's license. Nowadays, a lot of kids don't even want to learn how to drive.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:56 PM   #20
fpdsniper

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
I'm drooling...

2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab SR5/TRD
Independent Amsoil Dealer
fpdsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #21
thegreatwhite

Drives: 2014 SS
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
thegreatwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 11:33 AM   #22
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
A few years ago, few had the foresight to buy a nice car, and sock it away for 50 years, banking on exploding in value 50 years later. That's one reason that some (actually, only a select few) are worth a king's ransom now.

However, once people started seeing that a guy who has a 1953 Olds or a 1969 Camaro might have a fortune on his hands, people started jumping on that bandwagon. I have a feeling that "collectible" cars will be very common in the future, with low, low, miles, and lots with the dealer plastic still on the seats. We DO have some really nice cars today, but since rarity increases value, I think that the glut of them will not allow for big dollars.

Besides... say your Camaro cost $35K today... you stick it a climate controlled garage, have your car maintenance team lavish it with TLC for 50 years, then you finally roll it of the garage for Barrett- Jackson's 2065 auction. It brings in 75 million dollars.... just enough money to put a down payment on a used, 2055 Ford... what a kick in the nuts, you'll say... ONLY 75 million measly dollars. Damn.

With many things, as soon as they are called "collectible," then everybody and his brother- in- law start collecting them, and bam... no more value. Look at Beanie Babies or baseball cards or NASCAR commemorative dinner plates or postage stamps (I recently spent WEEKS trying to unload over $1000 dollars/ face value of MINT condition stamps, in blocks and sheets... finally sold them for $400) or Franklin Mint crap or Precious Moments figurines or whatever. Collecting a UNIQUE item--- that nobody else has thought to collect--- might yield results eventually, but now, so many know are aware that they need to collect something unique that there is nothing unique that somebody is not collecting.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:49 PM   #23
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Very cool. But this is not 5th Gen related and therefore does not belong in the 5th Gen section. It's been moved. Thanks.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote