Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Iburyyou

Drives: 2012 ss
Pedders justice or track2

Is the pedders justice kit worth the extra money for a road race beginner or is track 2 sufficient? I do about 4 track weekends a year and plan on adding a few next year. I don't want to spend the extra money if the justice kit is way beyond what I'll ever need and don't want the track 2 if I'm going to outgrow it pretty quick.
Iburyyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iburyyou View Post
Is the pedders justice kit worth the extra money for a road race beginner or is track 2 sufficient? I do about 4 track weekends a year and plan on adding a few next year. I don't want to spend the extra money if the justice kit is way beyond what I'll ever need and don't want the track 2 if I'm going to outgrow it pretty quick.
I have yet to day a track day but opted for the full up Justice Pkg with ZL1 sways and camber plates and 12 KG coils. If you can afford it.....buy once cry once! Also running the 305/30 R19s on all corners with Forgelines. Pedders did alot of research into what works.

Just ordered my CTS-V brakes, now i can finally take this car out and see what all the fuss is about!

Either way, good choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
This is a Justice Plus ;-)

Can you tell me a bit more about your expectations, the current and planned RWHP as well the wheel and tire package for your car?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
Iburyyou

I'm at 540 rwhp right now. Not changing that. Stock wheels but planning on getting new wheels, probably 19's. I just joined the autobahn country club in Joliet, il so I'm planning on a lot of track time. I'm nowhere near a professional so I don't think I need to go all out but then I don't want to go with the track 2 and outgrow it. I want to be fast around the track but never plan on making a career out of it. I wouldn't mind passing a few z06's though.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Iburyyou

So in the video I assume the slider is showing g's? So you hitting nearly 1.5?
Old 06-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
I'm at 540 rwhp right now. Not changing that. Stock wheels but planning on getting new wheels, probably 19's. I just joined the autobahn country club in Joliet, il so I'm planning on a lot of track time. I'm nowhere near a professional so I don't think I need to go all out but then I don't want to go with the track 2 and outgrow it. I want to be fast around the track but never plan on making a career out of it. I wouldn't mind passing a few z06's though.
305's x 19 on all corners. Gee, wonder why the new Z/28 chose that setup? Your power is there, you just need the justice pkg with ZL1 accoutrements. How are your brakes?

Pete knows suspension......brakes......motors......cooling... ...driving.....wheels/tires....oh, and did i mention suspension?

Have fun!!!!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #7
Iburyyou

Stock brakes now. Changing them with suspension.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #8
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
We should do a set of Supercars, EP1200HD sub-frame, EP6577 full radius bushes and a set of Z bars. These are the best-of-the-best components and provide a growth path going forward. It won't be the cheapest starter kit, but it will provide the best value for you on the street and on track at the autobahn.

Quote:
So in the video I assume the slider is showing g's? So you hitting nearly 1.5?
Yep.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Bull and I have an almost an Identical setup and I drive my car 50 miles every day to work.

I am so very glad I spent the extra coin on the full justice setup... a good friend of mine got the XA's and has since upgraded to the supercars... there is a clear difference between the monotube size, the increase in fluid from the remote res and having the separate bound and rebound adjustability...

If you are thinking about regular track use, you will end up regretting not getting the supercars.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #10
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Here is mine running done a Z06 @ Autobahn.

BMR full bushing kit, Xa's, Sport Sways, Axles, Aluminum DS and 400ish RWHP all at the time of this video.

I have changed a few things since but still use my Xa's.

Just my 2 cents, no change required.

T.

DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #11
Iburyyou

Quote:
Here is mine running done a Z06 @ Autobahn

How often are you there? What did you do with your brakes?
Old 06-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #12
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Here is mine running done a Z06 @ Autobahn.

BMR full bushing kit, Xa's, Sport Sways, Axles, Aluminum DS and 400ish RWHP all at the time of this video.

I have changed a few things since but still use my Xa's.

Just my 2 cents, no change required.

T.

DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!

to your point... If the build is on a budget I can't imagine anyone being upset with Xa's

If there is room in the budget for supercars, I equally feel that it is money well spent.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #13
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
How often are you there? What did you do with your brakes?
I usually go a 4-5 times a year with various HPDE groups such as MVP, Hooked on Driving or anyone else I can get on track with. I also run at Road America and on July 19th I am headed to Gingerman with the Camaro 5 group.

I used to run Carbotech but I have outgrown them. I now run Cobalt Friction on the advice of many folks including JP. I run DBA 4000 slotted rotors and I will be using Racing Brakes rebuild kit in the next couple of weeks on my front calipers.

I do a pad swap before I go to the track but always have Dot 4 in my lines.

Give Scott a call at Supercar Performance in Minooka, IL. and he can help you out locally if you are unable to do it yourself. Tell him I sent you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

to your point... If the build is on a budget I can't imagine anyone being upset with Xa's

If there is room in the budget for supercars, I equally feel that it is money well spent.

Quoted for truth.

If I had the budget I would get the Supercars in a heartbeat but I have not hit the lotto yet. I am also kinda considering the new Z so I am saving my pennies.

T.

DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote