Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-31-2011, 10:11 AM   #1
aabbcc

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
BBK Headers (Sorry for overposting)

hi, i know there are a lot of post similar to mines, but i couldn't find a straight answer.
I am very close to ordering the BBK Long Tube headers, but i have a few questions.
1st- How much performance difference do you get, if you have these headers installed, can you please tell me how much difference you feel, by the way, i have an automatic. So if i loose to a 350z by 1 car length, would i be able to win after the headers??
2nd- Do i have to get a tune to feel the performance difference, and i know ill have the CEL light without the tune.
3rd - Is it worth it overall?
4th- Would all my warranty void, without the tune? If the problem not related to headers, would the dealer fix it?

I would really appreciate your opinions, thanks.
aabbcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
cleanwhiteSS
2011 White Camaro RS/2SS

Drives: 2011 White Camaro RS/2SS
I will answer #4.. If your headers did not cause the problem the dealer will fix it.

2SS/RS M6, GFX, Borla Atak cat back,Blacked out tail lights, Heritage Grill, 20% tint, 5% on back, Hurst Short Thrower, Black Gills, SLP Shift Skip
cleanwhiteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
hi, i know there are a lot of post similar to mines, but i couldn't find a straight answer.
I am very close to ordering the BBK Long Tube headers, but i have a few questions.
1st- How much performance difference do you get, if you have these headers installed, can you please tell me how much difference you feel, by the way, i have an automatic. So if i loose to a 350z by 1 car length, would i be able to win after the headers??
2nd- Do i have to get a tune to feel the performance difference, and i know ill have the CEL light without the tune.
3rd - Is it worth it overall?
4th- Would all my warranty void, without the tune? If the problem not related to headers, would the dealer fix it?

I would really appreciate your opinions, thanks.
I'll try and help real quick.

1) if you consitently lost by one car length everytime, then I think a set of BBKs would help you stay close if not neck and neck..but beating i'm not sure. Estimate an extra 14 to 20 HP on top of what you had with better midrange.

2)Tune not needed to get all performance gains, but will help. There are several guys here running LTs without a tune and their car runs great, but a tune will optimize that

3)Is 1000 to 1,200 dollars for headers / cats / tune worth it to you? Only you can answer that. With headers and a tune you can expect your car to feel more "peppy" from starts, have less hesitation, and a healthy 20 to 30 HP gain on top (low end if you already have some mods, high end if your currently stock)

4) Previous guy answered it.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:40 AM   #4
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
To clarify,#4 the only thing that will be voided on your warranty is obviously your exhaust. For example, if you installed a set of shorties or LT's but kept everything else stock, ,i.e. cats, resonators, exhaust pipes, mufflers...those would all be voided. This is according to my dealer. Obviously if you are replacing your exhaust system with LT's, cat back, yes your exhaust will be voided out but not a huge deal really if your replacing it anyway.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #5
aabbcc

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I'll try and help real quick.

1) if you consitently lost by one car length everytime, then I think a set of BBKs would help you stay close if not neck and neck..but beating i'm not sure. Estimate an extra 14 to 20 HP on top of what you had with better midrange.

2)Tune not needed to get all performance gains, but will help. There are several guys here running LTs without a tune and their car runs great, but a tune will optimize that

3)Is 1000 to 1,200 dollars for headers / cats / tune worth it to you? Only you can answer that. With headers and a tune you can expect your car to feel more "peppy" from starts, have less hesitation, and a healthy 20 to 30 HP gain on top (low end if you already have some mods, high end if your currently stock)

4) Previous guy answered it.
thanks, your answer is very helpful
aabbcc is offline   Reply With Quote