Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-29-2011, 08:19 AM   #6273
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Hrmmm...

I just figured it was a photoshop.

I've never seen IBM look like that in the sun. Maybe with some creative lighting + sun and a little fiddling with the color saturation & contrast.

Beau-tee-ful though.

As for the F word commercial, it's just like other negative ads. You use them when the good stuff you can say about yourself isn't good enough to do the trick.

That got me to thinking about the culture we have settled into where putting someone down to make yourself look better is common.

In my opinion, what America needs is a return to Decency, Liberty, and Personal Responsibility. The rest would sort itself out.

I'll try to do my part. It's an individual choice, not something that can be fixed by passing a law. In my opinion, many Americans have succumbed to a culture of narcissism, and that is what is choking out our economy and our future.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about people & philosophy here, not politics.

/Rant: off
....here here Scarrzz!!! Well said my friend. I couldn't agree with you more. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.....
Old 09-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #6274
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
"CAR #3 WHERE ARE YOU?"
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #6275
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Admit it Dragoneye, the idea of a purple car is somewhat appealing to you. Joooooiiiiiiiinnnn Uuuussssssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #6276
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Oh very good
Old 09-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #6277
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Ford's been pulling this sh*t for a while now. Remember Farley's remarks a few months ago?

They're pissed that they "didn't take a bailout," yet GM still murders them in sales every month. They've completely rebuilt their lineup, they have a new infotainment system, yet GM still outsells them.

What they fail to realize, though, is that a lot of Americans simply don't give two sh*ts about the automotive bailouts anymore. It's old news. The ad actually generated more negative press for Ford than positive as a lot of folks saw it as a low-blow and ironic considering how Mulally also went to Congress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
As for the F word commercial, it's just like other negative ads. You use them when the good stuff you can say about yourself isn't good enough to do the trick.

That got me to thinking about the culture we have settled into where putting someone down to make yourself look better is common.

In my opinion, what America needs is a return to Decency, Liberty, and Personal Responsibility. The rest would sort itself out.

I'll try to do my part. It's an individual choice, not something that can be fixed by passing a law. In my opinion, many Americans have succumbed to a culture of narcissism, and that is what is choking out our economy and our future.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about people & philosophy here, not politics.

/Rant: off
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....here here Scarrzz!!! Well said my friend. I couldn't agree with you more. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.....
I am a a free market guy to the bone. The out bailouts rub me the wrong way on so many levels. What the government did for GM is less than what the government OWED them. The incentives that state governments provided to Toyota and the rest of the transplants early on put the BIG three at a disadvantage. On a national scale we have open markets, yet we fail to provide open markets in foreign countries. Combine that with a pathetic fiscal policy and the government owed GM. GM took the brunt of all these government actions because they were the largest domestic auto mfg.

Ford had a different series of issues. They were on the ropes when Bill Ford brought in Mulally. They were a mess. The loans Mulally took out were out of necessity. Without that liquidity Ford had no future with or without the beginning of a recession. Necessity turned into brilliance with the recession as liquidity evaporated over night.

Now while Ford pretends to wave the American flag and their independence by not participating in the bailout they get into an interesting position. Mulally, the same genus that took out the loans, testified that the bailout was absolutely necessary or Ford would fail too. Why? Ford would lose their key suppliers so please bailout GM and Chrysler.

The next is the relationship with Toyota. Ford has partnered with Toyota to build fuel efficient (read as some type of electric) large trucks. This is the same Toyota that pulled back from the USA to protect their interests when the economy got rough. Now the most popular vehicle sold in the USA for the last 30 some odd years will be built in partnership with Toyota??? Hey look at me. I am the last bastion of great American automotive manufacturing and technology. I didn't take bailout money. I did take government money to spend on electric vehicle technology and will gleefully share it with Toyota!

All businesses live in glass houses. All of us. Throw stones makes about as much sense as burning money for heat because you can't pay the gas bill. I have no problem with bare knuckle product to product marketing. I have been known to occasionally engage in it. On the other hand, when I start claiming my business is more virtuous than your business... stick a fork in me becuase I am done.

In the end, I hope Ford does well. There are a lot of good hard working poelpe that depend on the company. They didn't start this nonsense. I also hope that GM does better. The people that work at GM that stuck it out under the cloud of BK and Government Motors deserve a great result.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #6278
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Padre Pete, well said!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #6279
JusticePete

Old 09-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #6280
JusticePete

GM credit rating increased two notches by S&P
September 29, 2011 - 11:30 am ET

DETROIT (Reuters) -- Ratings agency Standard & Poor's today raised its corporate credit rating on General Motors Co. by two notches, saying the automaker's new labor contract would allow for continued profitability and cash generation in North America...In a separate statement, S&P said it would consider a ratings upgrade for Ford Motor Co. after it completes negotiations with the UAW. If so, Ford's rating would be raised from BB- to BB+, S&P said.

Congratulations GM.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #6281
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I am a a free market guy to the bone. The out bailouts rub me the wrong way on so many levels. What the government did for GM is less than what the government OWED them. The incentives that state governments provided to Toyota and the rest of the transplants early on put the BIG three at a disadvantage. On a national scale we have open markets, yet we fail to provide open markets in foreign countries. Combine that with a pathetic fiscal policy and the government owed GM. GM took the brunt of all these government actions because they were the largest domestic auto mfg.

Ford had a different series of issues. They were on the ropes when Bill Ford brought in Mulally. They were a mess. The loans Mulally took out were out of necessity. Without that liquidity Ford had no future with or without the beginning of a recession. Necessity turned into brilliance with the recession as liquidity evaporated over night.

Now while Ford pretends to wave the American flag and their independence by not participating in the bailout they get into an interesting position. Mulally, the same genus that took out the loans, testified that the bailout was absolutely necessary or Ford would fail too. Why? Ford would lose their key suppliers so please bailout GM and Chrysler.

The next is the relationship with Toyota. Ford has partnered with Toyota to build fuel efficient (read as some type of electric) large trucks. This is the same Toyota that pulled back from the USA to protect their interests when the economy got rough. Now the most popular vehicle sold in the USA for the last 30 some odd years will be built in partnership with Toyota??? Hey look at me. I am the last bastion of great American automotive manufacturing and technology. I didn't take bailout money. I did take government money to spend on electric vehicle technology and will gleefully share it with Toyota!

All businesses live in glass houses. All of us. Throw stones makes about as much sense as burning money for heat because you can't pay the gas bill. I have no problem with bare knuckle product to product marketing. I have been known to occasionally engage in it. On the other hand, when I start claiming my business is more virtuous than your business... stick a fork in me becuase I am done.

In the end, I hope Ford does well. There are a lot of good hard working poelpe that depend on the company. They didn't start this nonsense. I also hope that GM does better. The people that work at GM that stuck it out under the cloud of BK and Government Motors deserve a great result.
Thanks for sharing your insight with us Pete. Unfortunately all playing fields are not equal. The "free market" is negatively affected when business and politcs combine to tip the ballance, thus impacting the outcome of the level field competition. What is important is that businesses should keep their eye on the ball and be honest without placing spin on the subject in an attempt to change reality into their own perception of what they want others to believe. I agree, all live in glass houses, and one shouldn't throw stones. But, in the end, good always overcomes evil. And to that end the truth can't be convoluted. It's plain to see. Thank you for being a part of us, and to your commitment to the Camaro and the performance car market.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #6282
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Admit it Dragoneye, the idea of a purple car is somewhat appealing to you. Joooooiiiiiiiinnnn Uuuussssssssss
NEVER!!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oPje_DShe_...esb_luke73.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Oh very good

Quote:

Well-thought out, and intelligent to boot.

Quote:
HA!!! That's awesome!!

I'm secretly waiting for the day when we have foam-injected passenger cabins...all these airbags...geesh...
Old 09-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #6283
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Truly free markets don’t really exist. Every market has some rules and boundaries that restrict freedom of choice. A market looks free only because people so unconditionally accept its underlying restrictions that they fail to see those restrictions. How ‘free’ a market is cannot be objectively defined. It is a political definition. The usual claim by free-market economists that they are trying to defend the market from politically motivated interference by the government is false. Government is always involved and those free-marketeers are as politically motivated as anyone. Overcoming the myth that there is such a thing as an objectively defined ‘free market’ is the first step towards understanding capitalism.

Sorry for getting a bit off topic. We now return you back to our regularly scheduled ZL1 discussions.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #6284
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'm secretly waiting for the day when we have foam-injected passenger cabins...all these airbags...geesh...
Old 09-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #6285
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Pete, get outta my head!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #6286
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post

Sorry for getting a bit off topic
There is no such thing in this house.... One of the many reasons we love it here!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014