Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-21-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
thekid96

Drives: Z06, 69 Camaro
Blueetooth stopped working

I got in my car this morning and my phone failed to pair up. I turned the Bluetooth receiver on my phone off once or twice, still no pairing. I proceeded into the stereo menu and tried to pair through it, no luck.
At this point I deleted the GM link from my phone and the phone link from the car and decided to start over with a fresh device pairing. Nothing, my phone goes into pairing mode and sees my other devices, just no GM signal. It's like the transmitter in the car stopped all together. The car goes into pairing mode and searches for about 2-3 seconds, then says no device found.
Anyone have any advice? Also, I tried repeating the pairing mode with the car off, in every possible ignition mode.
thekid96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Hmmm. Try pairing another phone with it to eliminate where the problem is. If it pairs, then it's your phone. If it doesn't, then is the radio. I know this sounds like a "duh", and I don't want to state the obvious, but you can't troubleshoot until you know where the problem is. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
thekid96

Drives: Z06, 69 Camaro
I have two Blackberrys, tried both. They will pair with each other, just don't see the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydon View Post
Hmmm. Try pairing another phone with it to eliminate where the problem is. If it pairs, then it's your phone. If it doesn't, then is the radio. I know this sounds like a "duh", and I don't want to state the obvious, but you can't troubleshoot until you know where the problem is. Good luck.
thekid96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
1962MarkVI

Drives: 2010 SIM Camaro 2LT/RS
Something else to consider:

I have a Motorola Q9h and my bluetooth link was dropping from the car after it was recognized and paired. I tried deleting and reinstalling as well to no avail. I further researched the phone resources and found that the memory was tied up considerably (ie. internet browsing cache, phone call history, temp files, etc.). Once I cleared much of the unneeded, I relinked the phone and it works flawlessly. I don't know about Blackberry, but it worked for me and may be worth a try if you have a memory manager to see where things are tied up at. Best of luck and happy holidays!
1962MarkVI is offline   Reply With Quote