Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #155
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Wow, just gonna throw in the towel?
The first gen. Z28 was never lighter than other Camaros except for the difference in a BB vs SB. The ZL1 proves that despite the weight it is more capable than the Boss LS around a tight track where the extra HP is not as advantageous. Also read Randy Pobst comments on the "heavy" ZL1 chassis vs the much lighter LS.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #156
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
There will be a Z/28. I've said it before and I'm sticking to it that it will NOT be as a 5th Gen. If GM were smart they wait til' the 6th Gen and keep the momentum going. They have wait to many trims and special editions as it is as a 5th Gen.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #157
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
I've said it before and I'm sticking to it that it will NOT be as a 5th Gen. .
While I respect your opinion, I hope your wrong.

ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #158
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
There will be a Z/28. I've said it before and I'm sticking to it that it will NOT be as a 5th Gen. If GM were smart they wait til' the 6th Gen and keep the momentum going. They have wait to many trims and special editions as it is as a 5th Gen.
As good as the Camaro is selling why should it be limited? The more offered the more buyers. I don't understand how waiting builds momentum. Isn't the opposite true?
Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #159
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
While I respect your opinion, I hope your wrong.

FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #160
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
have you looked at our competitor? too many trims? the mustang has more. to say that our camaro has too many compared to everything else is honestly laughable.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #161
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
I still think a good marketing ploy is do what the Challenger did. Build the first year Gen6 as a Z/28 only while the Gen5 line slowly shuts down.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #162
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
I still think a good marketing ploy is do what the Challenger did. Build the first year Gen6 as a Z/28 only while the Gen5 line slowly shuts down.
I don't really see how that would work, or why GM would even want to do it. I can't figure out why Dodge did what they did either, other than perhaps having some sort of bottle neck at the plant which limited Challenger production for the 2008 MY

If they sold the 5th gen for an extra model year, like you suggest, sales would fall flat (because of people waiting on the 6th gen) while they'd only manage to move a few thousand 6th gen Z28's. This also means that they'd essentially lose a year of 6th gen sales. And what would they stand to gain? Nothing that I can see. Any new car automatically gets a ton of attention, they don't really need to do anything special to get more attention at launch -and this is all the more true with cars like the Camaro.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #163
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
I'll have to say that you guys that still haven't own a Gen5 have a lot of patience on waiting on the Z/28. It's my next purchase, meanwhile I'll just keep burning rubber.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #164
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
I'll have to say that you guys that still haven't own a Gen5 have a lot of patience on waiting on the Z/28. It's my next purchase, meanwhile I'll just keep burning rubber.

How do you know we're not burning rubber?
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #165
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post
[/B]

How do you know we're not burning rubber?
Amen Gramps!! Many of us "oldsters" have a few tricks up our sleeve, we have enough years experience that you can never be sure what we may be up to.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #166
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Amen Gramps!! Many of us "oldsters" have a few tricks up our sleeve, we have enough years experience that you can never be sure what we may be up to.
Clyde
You get older you get smarter. You learn that waiting is usually best.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #167
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
The older you get you learn waiting is best....? LOL...... Older people tend to cut to the chase because time is so important! "Git R Dun".... However, that said, in my sincerest tone.... I'm in the camp the Z28 will be Gen 6 and done RIGHT. I just don't see how they can "do it right" with the time/platform we have. The 14s are coming out in about 15 months. and the 15's in about 27 months. This car took a year to design, year to test and roll out, and it's not been determined to be the KING yet! By us it is, but til it really hits the street and gets its wings/street cred/strip fred. I can see a whole YEAR of ZL1 getting all the limelight! Now, they might launch the 15's early and call it a 14 1/2 with the Z. And it will be killer. OK Ive talked my self to sleep. zZZZZZZZZZZZ
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 AM   #168
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Some people just can't be "real" about what they have or don't have. I could have called my '67 RS 327 a Z/28, but it wasn't and I was quite pleased with what it did with the drivetrain it had. My '69 was a Z/28, even more pleasing to drive and it was what it was. We had all kinds of different Camaros, Chevelles, Novas, etc. in the Chevy High Performance Club I belonged to back then, those guys were proud of what they had and found no need to mis-represent what they had. The "wannabes" cruising around were all about mis-representation of their vehicles.
Clyde

Same thing will happen with ZL1.People already looking for hoods front ends etc! Mind you all you have to do is look at the Vin number lol .
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote