Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
rattle from shifter area (A6)

Just wanted to put this out there in case anybody else is having the same issue. Under acceleration, most noticebly from 20-45 mph, I am hearing a small rattle from the shifter area. I can only describe it as a washer vibrating back and forth between a nut and a screw. Took it into the dealership today, they were able to hear the noise as well, but at this point are unable to find the issue. If someone else is having the same issue and happens to have a solution I would love to hear it.
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
ToFast

Drives: Fast
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarowa View Post
Just wanted to put this out there in case anybody else is having the same issue. Under acceleration, most noticebly from 20-45 mph, I am hearing a small rattle from the shifter area. I can only describe it as a washer vibrating back and forth between a nut and a screw. Took it into the dealership today, they were able to hear the noise as well, but at this point are unable to find the issue. If someone else is having the same issue and happens to have a solution I would love to hear it.
Do you have automatic? I get a rattle also, and I don't know where its coming from. I happens when its about to shift, and I feel it shake under my foot. Is this normal?
ToFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
^^ that's not the issue I am referring to. Really does not sound normal, especially the vibrating part.
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
FloppyJackson

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have a consistent rattle when driving in M and going over bumps. If I hold on to the shifter it doesn't happen. Is this the same behavior you are experiencing?
FloppyJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
Solok

Drives: Imperial Blue Metallic 2LT
Don't know if it is the same for me or not. But when I first start the car, I don't hear it. But after the car warms up, I hear a very fant vibration when I am driving at low speeds. I can't place exactly where it is. At first I thought it was the A/C, but it continues when I turn it off.
Solok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
Greycamaroguy

Drives: Cyber gray LT1/RS
Send a message via MSN to Greycamaroguy
I have same noise....A6......If I tap under my fan control,it seems to go away.

I think its something loose near shifter..JMO.

Gets annoying
6/26/10-Pulled into Elkins Chevrolet N.J.at 4:30 pm
6/26/10-Pulled out in my new Cyber Gray Camaro at 5:30.

Great job Elkin!
------------------------------------------------

CAI/JBA axle-back exhaust/"Chevrolet" door sills/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_6E4GqNSA8
Greycamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
dan0077

Drives: 2010 Bee
I have a rattle coming from the shifter. When I hold the shifter it goes away. Took it to the dealer here in San Diego. They checked it out..... told me it's normal.... said other camaros on the lot didi the same thing??????
dan0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
Greycamaroguy

Drives: Cyber gray LT1/RS
Send a message via MSN to Greycamaroguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0077 View Post
I have a rattle coming from the shifter. When I hold the shifter it goes away. Took it to the dealer here in San Diego. They checked it out..... told me it's normal.... said other camaros on the lot didi the same thing??????
Oh great more quality B.S. from GM....

Hey GM..When I buy a car I dont want "anything" to rattle!
6/26/10-Pulled into Elkins Chevrolet N.J.at 4:30 pm
6/26/10-Pulled out in my new Cyber Gray Camaro at 5:30.

Great job Elkin!
------------------------------------------------

CAI/JBA axle-back exhaust/"Chevrolet" door sills/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_6E4GqNSA8
Greycamaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #9
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
I have something similar. I noticed it after I put on my Flowmasters. I assumed it is more noticeable due to the increased vibration from the exhaust, but maybe it's not related. It seems to happen when I am sitting at idle. If I hold the shifter (A6) it goes away. If I put it in neutral, it goes away. I wish somebody had a fix. Maybe the Hurst shifter would eliminate it?
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #10
quinthawk

Drives: 2010 camaro ss, 2012 ZL1, 2021 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloppyJackson View Post
I have a consistent rattle when driving in M and going over bumps. If I hold on to the shifter it doesn't happen. Is this the same behavior you are experiencing?
I have the same problem, the rattle only occurs in M and not in D.
quinthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I am quite familiar with the shifter assembly on these cars and do not really see much that can rattle or vibrate. Perhaps it is something under the car echoing through or perhaps touching the shifter.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #12
nachocheese

Drives: 1LT RS, SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I am quite familiar with the shifter assembly on these cars and do not really see much that can rattle or vibrate. Perhaps it is something under the car echoing through or perhaps touching the shifter.
Any ideas on how to stop it? Maybe dynomat? I checked under my car and I could find nothing that appeared to be the culprit.
nachocheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:20 PM   #13
2010 2SS RS

Drives: Metalic Silver 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarowa View Post
I got the same issue with my A6 but my makes more of a squeaking noise and its been driving me insane i hear it under the same conditions you described but my dealership says they cant hear it so im stuck trying to figure it out myself. im about to take my center console apart if i find anything obvious ill let you know... i thought the noise was coming from my passenger seat but i took her on some fresh asphalt (no bumps) and still i heard the noise...
2010 2SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #14
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Bump - anyone have a fix?