Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-14-2017, 08:39 AM   #1
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
LSA conversion/RotoFab question

Getting ready to pull the trigger on an LSA conversion, and am figuring my parts list (minus the ADM items). I would prefer to reuse my current RotoFab intake, and initially thought it would be just as simple as purchasing the ZL1 elbow from RotoFab. Have contacted them, and am getting a different answer. Anyone here reused their RotoFab SS intake with just an elbow change with an LSA install? Would love to save the hassle of buying a new CAI and selling the old.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 11:12 AM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I am facing the same dilemma when getting my LSA supercharger one day. Unfortunately Roto-fab says you need to do the E-Force upgrade which includes a new heat shield and everything. Like you I'd rather not spend the money again for a painted heat shield.

However, all of the above being said, I've seen someone reuse their SS Roto-fab intake. They cut their tube to fit and made it work. I'm not sure what the difference is between that and the E-Force upgrade, but it worked for him.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #3
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Well, got a call from Andy this morning, and as expected he is proactively working with RotoFab on some type of less costly solution for those of us who currently use and want to keep our RotoFab intakes. I appreciate both his and RotoFab's understanding and assistance with what is obviously important to some of their customers.

On a side note, ordered the SC and the Stage 2 kit this morning as well. Took more than a few months of weighing the pros and cons of spending a good chunk of change, but feel comfortable it's the right set up for my needs, and bought from the right company.....now just have to decide if I install, or have Cordes Performance do it
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:15 PM   #4
KTMracing09

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 ABM
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503015
Old 11-14-2017, 09:25 PM   #5
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Thanks for the info. If I hadn't already made a deal with Andy, I would look into that. I like that shop, and have followed many of their build videos. Real pros.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

Old 11-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #6
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Thanks for the info. If I hadn't already made a deal with Andy, I would look into that. I like that shop, and have followed many of their build videos. Real pros.
I should've mentioned this before when we talked. I highly recommend the 8 rib conversion. mine is still the 6 rib and Joe at Cordes said once I got 8 rib he can spin it up more and I should be close to 700+whp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMracing09 View Post
I got my LSA conversion fixed up and improved at Cordes. Awesome guys. I bit it and just got a new rotofab intake after my ADM conversion
but...
I WANT THAT 5" intake!!!

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #7
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
I should've mentioned this before when we talked. I highly recommend the 8 rib conversion. mine is still the 6 rib and Joe at Cordes said once I got 8 rib he can spin it up more and I should be close to 700+whp.

I got my LSA conversion fixed up and improved at Cordes. Awesome guys. I bit it and just got a new rotofab intake after my ADM conversion
but...
I WANT THAT 5" intake!!!
Thanks Dirtdog. I just talked to Joe this afternoon. He had a concern about the completeness of the ADM kit, but after we spoke, I think we're both confident in it. He mentioned an issue with how the ADM kit deals with the IAT readings, and his opinion was the wiring should be tapped into the MAF. You remember that being an issue for you? I know the IAT sensor is on the SC's lid. We also discussed the 6 rib, and for my purposes, right now, I'm happy with 550-575 at the wheels, so I don't think slip will be an issue. I did upgrade to the 2.75 pulley, but everything else is stock.

As far as the intake is concerned, Andy had a ZL1 intake drop shipped from RotoFab to my house, so I guess that will be the solution. I'll be sending my current intake to Andy for resale.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

Old 11-17-2017, 04:27 PM   #8
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Quote:
Thanks Dirtdog. I just talked to Joe this afternoon. He had a concern about the completeness of the ADM kit, but after we spoke, I think we're both confident in it. He mentioned an issue with how the ADM kit deals with the IAT readings, and his opinion was the wiring should be tapped into the MAF. You remember that being an issue for you? I know the IAT sensor is on the SC's lid. We also discussed the 6 rib, and for my purposes, right now, I'm happy with 550-575 at the wheels, so I don't think slip will be an issue. I did upgrade to the 2.75 pulley, but everything else is stock.

As far as the intake is concerned, Andy had a ZL1 intake drop shipped from RotoFab to my house, so I guess that will be the solution. I'll be sending my current intake to Andy for resale.
Joe's a smart guy. Yea I remember the issue. Not sure if it came about because of the kit or the shop. Either way, it's fixed and good to go
No need to rush. The fun comes from slowly getting faster ever year. I'm still not even used to my current setup and I've had it for almost a year!

Start saving for tires! You're gonna need em.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Old 11-17-2017, 07:08 PM   #9
KTMracing09

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post

but...
I WANT THAT 5" intake!!!
I trailered my car 3 1/2 hrs there to have them tune it. Their shop is amazing
Old 11-17-2017, 07:16 PM   #10
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMracing09 View Post
I trailered my car 3 1/2 hrs there to have them tune it. Their shop is amazing
Have you seen their new spot in Tempe? Fancy

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Old 11-18-2017, 10:20 AM   #11
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Yup, was there yesterday. Nice spot, tucked back in the back of an industrial park. I never saw the Mesa facility, so can't compare. Talked to another shop yesterday, J&R Performance in North Phoenix. More expensive, but seems to have a great reputation and I believe both owners are former GM techs. They also seem to lean more towards SC installs. Decisions......
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

Old 11-19-2017, 07:05 AM   #12
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:

This is not a requirement but can be purchased:
https://lsa-conversion-store.myshopi...cation-harness
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:19 PM   #13
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

So using that harness would preclude me from having to change the pins on the current MAF sensor? Sorry for what may be a simple question, but while I'm a decent shadetree, electronics are my Achilles heel.....
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

Old 11-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #14
Punisher_ATX

Drives: 2010 SS
Ill be selling my LSA swap here soon if you're interested. TONS of upgrades.
low miles LSA blower solid coupler and rebuild snout
2.45 griptech upper with 10bolt hub
DMS brick reinforcement and -12 an coolant fittings
id850 zl1 pump and adm controller
JLT cold air and matching rotofab coolant tank
lingenfelter Heat Exchanger with fans and controller
Varimax coolant pump
all lines hoses cover bolts tensioner idler etc etc etc
car made 700rwhp thru a manual on 93 with no methanol
Looking for around $5000 shipped obo theres ALOT of high end parts here
Punisher_ATX is offline   Reply With Quote