Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #225
now

Drives: silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTron View Post
No problem, anytime!

I do a have quick question though. What is it like to drive with the diverters set to the open exhaust (turn downs). My friend has a cut-out on his 2000 camaro, just before the muffler, and the interior sound isnt quite the best, a lot of panel rattling and resonance. The drone isnt that bad, just more of the loud resonance around 2300-3300 rpm.

Id just like to know what the sound is like from the inside. Since the gen5 has a significantly different exhaust setup (more cats, diff resonator ect). Is it deep and throaty or is there a fair bit of resonance and noise
MTron,

I did ride in the car and from what i can remember (it was a fast and short ride in a new SS so it was kinda sensory overload. I was more concerned about keeping bodily fluids in check...) it was a very deep sound however very separated and agressive at the same time. I've been in cars with diverters after a 2 into 1 exhaust or after "X" or "H" pipes and the sound gets muddier when its all pushed together. This Camaro sound on the other hand was much cleaner and sharper because its more of a direct route and each side is its own. Also there were no panel noise or rattling sounds - this car seems extremely solid and quiet- BMW like- which helps this issue you heard on the 2000.

I would ask Chad how it was on long runs at interstate speed- Im guessing if there was a slight irritating harmonic or drone that drove ya nuts you could back it off just a touch until it goes away. Unlike the loud pipe setups where you live with it forever.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #226
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Any chance you guys could get a video of what it sounds like from inside? Or do you not have the car anymore?

Also, have you done, or know of any installs on an auto v8?

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Old 06-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #227
now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Any chance you guys could get a video of what it sounds like from inside? Or do you not have the car anymore?

Also, have you done, or know of any installs on an auto v8?

Sorry we don't have any video from inside the car and the car is back in Iowa which is about 6 hours from us. This was a rather quick install and turnaround because of the distance Chad needed to drive to get home so we didn't get time to do much for video after the install.

We also have yet to do an automatic which im guessing will be an almost identical installation and result. I just need to verify some "S" pipe dimensions with the first person ready to do an automatic install and we will be good to go. We should be getting feedback in the form of customer videos soon and if we get another one close i will definitely take a ton of video/audio and post it here first.

Thanks for all the support, great comments, and questions! The flow of orders from you guys has been amazing and we truly appreciate it!

steve
Old 06-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #228
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Do you have any authorized installers/dealers over on the east coast?

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Old 06-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #229
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Ok Steve,

I have an automatic, will they fit properly? I already have the wife approval. :-)
Old 06-05-2009, 11:21 AM   #230
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2well View Post
Ok Steve,

I have an automatic, will they fit properly? I already have the wife approval. :-)
Same question. Just waiting on the response!
Old 06-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #231
now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Do you have any authorized installers/dealers over on the east coast?
Nope, not yet. We ship our products that way- New York, Jersey, etc but our customers must be DIY or taking it to a local shop. No dealers or installers yet.

Quote:
Ok Steve,

I have a request in to GM for the CAD files for the resonator box. When i get that file i can tell you without a doubt if we have issues or not. Good news on the approval by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3LLJumper View Post
I will post here immediately when i know.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:43 PM   #232
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Best news for me is that she is a motor head. Bad news is that she is a MOPAR motor head lmao. American made all the way.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:01 PM   #233
now

Quote:
Best news for me is that she is a motor head. Bad news is that she is a MOPAR motor head lmao. American made all the way.
Well if its any consolation to her, we just did a brand new Dodge Challenger SRT install last night, (as much as i hate sayin' it in this forum... it sounds pretty damn evil.) so she will be able to order a set for "her" car. Just kiddin'
Old 06-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #234
69 Camaro 09

Drives: 69 Camaro, 010 2SSRS
What are the effects of the exhaust diverters on

1) headers

2) super charger

does it complement them both well?
Old 06-06-2009, 02:05 AM   #235
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
I too am very interested in this for the L99. Will patiently wait (like I am for my Camaro) to hear what you come up with. Noweeds, this does look like a heck of a product you've come up with!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
Old 06-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #236
H3LLJumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
I too am very interested in this for the L99. Will patiently wait (like I am for my Camaro) to hear what you come up with. Noweeds, this does look like a heck of a product you've come up with!
Well you can be patient...but my Camaro is here Tuesday!!
Old 06-07-2009, 01:49 AM   #237
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Well you can be patient...but my Camaro is here Tuesday!!
I hear ya! But, this way you'll have the time to complete some other mods first. And don't forget the Zaino!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
Old 06-07-2009, 03:13 AM   #238
H3LLJumper

Meh. Got my CAI. Tinting scheduled. Paint job scheduled. Not doing too much on performance yet. Either doing this or a loudmouth II. Getting impatient :(...

Closed Thread

Tags
cutout, diverter, electric, exhaust, mufflers