Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: Add a LFX Sub Forum or Keep The Combined LLT/LFX Forum?
Yes, They should add a LFX sub forum 668 95.43%
No, They should keep the LLT/LFX combined in one forum 32 4.57%
Voters: 700. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #43
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
I sense a severe lack of understanding of bolt on mods and their benefits on with LFX owners....
I've noticed a couple posts that are a bit "off" as well...but we all have to start somewhere.

Concerning high flow cats and Headers....they basically go hand in hand (usually). If you COULD do LT headers, that would not add another 15 HP on top of the already 10 to 15 that high flow cats might provide. Intead they would work together like they do on the LLT providing somewhere between 15 to 20 total horsepower.

SOLO claims 15 HP for LLT for their HFC setup. So for the LFX, that should be fairly close which is why I say 10 to 15 HP. You guys are already getting better flow (from what GM claims anyway) via the integrated exhaust, so I would not expect more than that.

Now as we all know, once you start adding more and more bolt ons to your car, they almost always do not provide as much of a gain as they would on an otherwise stock car. That said, it shouldn't be unreasonable to expect at least 340HP with intake and HFC and maybe 350.

What we need is more LFX guys to get on the dyno with mods like this and see what they really do (with a base run as comparison...otherwise you really have no idea what you've gained).

I also think you guys should not downplay a tune...even you manual guys. A tune really seems to make the car more responsive and has been proven to add 13 HP on a stock LLT car. For 4 to 5 hundred bucks, thats really not much if any more expensive for the performance gained than some intakes and is less expensive than the SOLO HFCs. But as of now we still don't know what a tune does for the LFX. Could be something great, or could be a dud....who knows?

I still think you guys even with the small amount of mods available should be able to get some nice numbers.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #44
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Nice write up KM. Also what about changing the gearing for us autos, 3.9?
Old 05-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #45
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
I'm with KM, don't underestimate what a tune can do for you, I had a trifecta tune done and added 20 RWHP. and as for CAI's ( I have one) but I do not believe their claims, look at their construction, The Stock CAI is very simular, so where is the gain?? maybe in the larger air Filter ?? but how much can that be? maybe 5 HP?? Dont believe all the claims, there's a manf. on this site that says 70Hp and 7 Mph gain from there chip for $60 or so. WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP!! In my case my Camaro was running to rich, so a tune did wonders
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #46
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
One of the beauty of LFX tuning is that you all have the option for HP tuners and EFI live. 2 of the biggest tuning gateways. This just opened up endless possibility for you guys. Now you have guys like tampa tuning that are actually waiting for HPT to finish up the edit function so they can start putting the V6 on the dyno, and you also have guys like ted here with JRE that is so well respected which I heard is also planning to put the V6 on the dyno once HPT finish up the last kinks for the LFX. Now imagine you have ted@JRE, Phil@Tampa, and vince@trifecta all tuning to get power out of this car. It will be like 3 tuning gods all dialing in with precision which mean there might be some awesome things coming out of tuning the new LFX. One guy that miss might get picked up by the other and vice versa. I'm not saying vince hasn't done everything he could, but you never know what the next man might have under his sleeve THE best thing about this is that you don't have to rely on anyone! now you have the opportunity to tune yourself Just don't blow up your car LOL.

Also, I hear so many peoples talking about integrated header is this and that. Don't worry about that. Almost all cars from now on are using integrated exhaust manifold design. It's more efficient and it save weight. There will always be something for something in this world of modding market
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #47
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
I still got a little more to update on mylar but does anyone have any modifications that I could add up to the list?
Old 05-13-2012, 03:51 AM   #48
SpeeedyJoe

Drives: 2012 2LT RS black/black
LFX + SLP CAI + Borla axle back

I installed ths SLP Blackwing tube combined with a K&N airfilter and the Borla axle back (#11776) exhaust on my 2012 2LT and the engine response is noticeably better. The acceleration is somewhat quicker - at least I think so. Due to the less restrictive air flow the engine runs smoother.
Next I will get a software tune to get the most out of the mods that I added!
SpeeedyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #49
onelapdoc

Drives: 2LT/RS coupe M6 IBM
Where is Vince @ Trifecta located?
onelapdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #50
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelapdoc View Post
This off of their Home Page:

Trifecta Performance specializes in delivering custom powertrain control module (PCM) programming to the high performance community. Trifecta Performance offers both local “dyno” tuning services in the Seattle, WA area
Old 05-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #51
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by onelapdoc View Post
Do a search for Trifecta tuning on Google. The beauty is there is no need for dyno tuning with him so anyone can do it. Check it out.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #52
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I also think you guys should not downplay a tune...even you manual guys. A tune really seems to make the car more responsive and has been proven to add 13 HP on a stock LLT car. For 4 to 5 hundred bucks, thats really not much if any more expensive for the performance gained than some intakes and is less expensive than the SOLO HFCs. But as of now we still don't know what a tune does for the LFX. Could be something great, or could be a dud....who knows?
I concur. Seeing people's dyno sheets with horribly lean AFR makes me wonder how much more power it'd make with a proper tune than such a lean one.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #53
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
Good info/and mis-info leads me to the same conclusion I came to after buying my LFX: this website needs an LFX only mod section. I will email the administrator but without support for it, everyone with a 2012 V-6 will have to continnue to wade through the LLT/LFX to read and post their info on their 2012 and up. If you agree PM the administrator.

The link for messaging them is here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/sendmessage.php

Last edited by Henry G.; 05-13-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Henry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #54
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry G. View Post
Good info/and mis-info leads me to the same conclusion I came to after buying my LFX: this website needs an LFX only mod section. I will email the administrator but without support for it, everyone with a 2012 V-6 will have to continnue to wade through the LLT/LFX to read and post their info on their 2012 and up. If you agree PM the administrator.

The link for messaging them is here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/sendmessage.php
Henry G I support your idea and hopefully this will work! Also I would appreciate when you email the moderators and they do end up making a "LFX ONLY SECTION" they could merge this thread into it as a sticky because the MAIN purpose I made this thread was to help us fellow LFX'ers
colingordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #55
collinsRS
Active Duty U.S. Navy

Drives: 2012 Malibu LT, 2012 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by colingordon View Post
Henry G I support your idea and hopefully this will work! Also I would appreciate when you email the moderators and they do end up making a "LFX ONLY SECTION" they could merge this thread into it as a sticky because the MAIN purpose I made this thread was to help us fellow LFX'ers
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
collinsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:17 PM   #56
Henry G.

Drives: 2012 Camaro LFX,CAI,DynomaxVT,RX CC
Thanks guys. Dont forget to email!
Henry G. is offline   Reply With Quote