Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-14-2012, 08:26 AM   #71
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Loved every minute of it. Hat's off to all the folks that put it together. You all did a fantastic job.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #72
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Loved it, the weather was great, Dont know what you guys were complaining about but the weather at Camaro5fest was Great, 103 degrees wed-friday ...................

OH wait, I didnt go to camaro5 Fest, Because it was the same Weekend as HOT AUGUST nights in RENO NV.

NExt year DO not make it during HOT AUGUST NIGHTS which happens to be August 5th-12th (we travel down there so we leave sunday)

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #73
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I had a great time my one day there and was going to offer one piece of (IMO) minor constructive criticism with a suggestion to possibly correct it in the future if the planners agreed. Looks like I'd best leave it at a great time and say thanks to everyone who had a hand in it.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #74
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
Loved it, the weather was great, Dont know what you guys were complaining about but the weather at Camaro5fest was Great, 103 degrees wed-friday ...................

OH wait, I didnt go to camaro5 Fest, Because it was the same Weekend as HOT AUGUST nights in RENO NV.

NExt year DO not make it during HOT AUGUST NIGHTS which happens to be August 5th-12th (we travel down there so we leave sunday)
Great weather to catch a tan lol.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #75
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I had a great time my one day there and was going to offer one piece of (IMO) minor constructive criticism with a suggestion to possibly correct it in the future if the planners agreed. Looks like I'd best leave it at a great time and say thanks to everyone who had a hand in it.
Jaime, please do post it up... We are listening to the comments... And trying to make it more fun for all... My comments were made well before I saw the intent and direction of the thread... There has been some valuable insight in this thread...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #76
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
This was my first fest and had a great time. Only thing I would like to see is more vendors. I know that's easer said than done do to the expense for travel, hotel food etc. I enjoy see products first hand and getting good deals with installs. Again not a complaint just an idea for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If is spelllled wrong deal with it.
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #77
Big Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro convertible
This was my first fest(hadn't taken delivery yet last year),and it didn't hurt that it was only two and a half hours away. Had a great time!!!!! Kudos to all who were involved in making it such a success. I could foresee a swap meet being held in conjunction with the fest in the future.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #78
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I had a blast. It was everything I had hoped for and more. The heat was dangerously oppressive. I worried about others who are less in tune with their bodies than I, but I did not hear of anyone having heat related serious health problems. That was very good but maybe a bit of good luck. I cut back on what I wanted to do a lot (as I know a lot of others did) & was still on the edge much of the time. There really need to be more provisions for hydrating & cooling for drivers in race events who cannot have anything in their cars. Weather, we have no control over but some thought & planning regarding safety (in case of severe storms, excessive heat, etc) is an important point when events get this large. I hope the next one is in early summer not late summer because of both heat and schools/school activities starting in late June/early August these days. Other than that most of my thoughts are things well discussed or finer points better conveyed in a more personal and productive format. I'd welcome the chance to give input or help in any way I can in planning for next year's event.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #79
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
yep ^5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I had a blast. It was everything I had hoped for and more. The heat was dangerously oppressive. I worried about others who are less in tune with their bodies than I, but I did not hear of anyone having heat related serious health problems. That was very good but maybe a bit of good luck. I cut back on what I wanted to do a lot (as I know a lot of others did) & was still on the edge much of the time. There really need to be more provisions for hydrating & cooling for drivers in race events who cannot have anything in their cars. Weather, we have no control over but some thought & planning regarding safety (in case of severe storms, excessive heat, etc) is an important point when events get this large. I hope the next one is in early summer not late summer because of both heat and schools/school activities starting in late June/early August these days. Other than that most of my thoughts are things well discussed or finer points better conveyed in a more personal and productive format. I'd welcome the chance to give input or help in any way I can in planning for next year's event.

Couldn't Have said it Better.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #80
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
This was my first Camaro5 Fest and I had a great time. I'm sure I will be at more of them. Great people and great cars. Perhaps the vendors will get orders later. Some people are looking and will decide later. Keep up the good work people that have put this together.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #81
dcarlos55

Drives: 2017 HBM A10 ZL1
This was my first fest and I had a total blast. I also left quite a bit of my money with the vendors and saw some really good stuff I want in the future. The parking lot party was just an incredible experience too.

I never made it to the drag strip but I did the Autox and that was a blast too.

I don't believe we can thank the mods/volunteers enough for making this a great event. I'm certain it can only get better and I can't wait for next year.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:46 AM   #82
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Overall it was "O.K." would have been better with more vendors and better deals not the same ones they give all the time, like free shipping.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #83
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Indy was my 2nd fest as I attended the 1st in Valdosta. I looked forward to the Indy event with great anticipation for some time. Sadly it fell short for me. I personally had a much better time at the 1st fest in Valdosta. The AutoX at Indy, at least Friday was not very good. I ( and several others ) left the Indy AutoX after 2 passes Friday morning quite disappointed. Weather at Indy was an issue (heat), I think events like these are better suited for late spring/early summer or early fall. I thank and congratulate all the vendors that attended, in talking to many the entire event for them was a big $$ loser. During much of the event there was very few people cruising the vendor rows which is not a good incentive for them to return to future fest's. I also thank the volunteer staff for all their hard efforts. The high points for the entire event for me were speaking with the GM folks Friday night at the Wyndham hotel parking lot and the vendor section.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #84
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Hell, even when it rained I was still havin' a blast!

It's not too often you get to help change a set of tires in the pouring rain and then laugh about it later.

It's all about the experience of enjoying the company and companionship of hundreds of other folks from all walks of life across all of North America who all share a common hobby.

If that's not what you're going to Camaro5 Fest for, then you'll never truly appreciate it like the rest of us do.

The moderators, vendors, and all of the volunteers that help out make every Fest an amazingly fun, relaxed (albeit high-paced), and enjoyable experience.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't care where the Fest is, I'm going.

I missed out on the first Fest in Valdosta, but I won't be making that mistake ever again

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote