Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-01-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
What other cars other than muscle cars are you guys into?

As the title states...What other cars other than muscle cars are you guys into?

Me personally.... I like both American Muscle and German cars. My favorite two cars right now coming out... Chevrolet Camaro and Audi S5. I own a A4 right now... and cant wait to get a Camaro!

Although I can respect them but I am not a fan at all of the japanese little toy cars and trucks....like Honda for example... wtf were they trying to do with the Ridgeline... thats not a truck....If any of the Jap cars.... I would buy a Nissan, but thats it and even then with hesitation.

Post up your thoughts

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
My other car enthusiasm would be hot hatches, like the GTI, Mazdaspeed3, and of course the upcoming HHR SS.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
My other car enthusiasm would be hot hatches, like the GTI, Mazdaspeed3, and of course the upcoming HHR SS.
My buddies got a GTI.... done alot of work on it with him... quite the car.

My sister's got a Mazda 3.... she's pretty stoked about the MazdaSpeed 3 and thinking about getting it.... to each there own I guess.

Then there is my older sister.... who's got a Mustang.... and I'm about to get a Camaro... quite the spread within the family eh.

Cant wait to see the look on my sisters face when I park the shiny new Camaro beside her mustang when it comes out, lol.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #4
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Ferrari's and :eek: Jeeps!

I'm a "well rounded" individual.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The only cars as of right now, that I would willingly give up a kidney for, is: Top Camaro, Tesla Roadster, Corvette (any of them), and the Bugatti Veyron.

but I like a very wide range of cars...except anything with a Japanese/Chinese Mother Company
Old 11-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
bprange

Drives: '94 Red/Black Z/28
First car was an '81 WV Rabbit and loved it to death...still want one as a daily driver! (broke when we were jumping it in our gravel pit)
Old 11-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #7
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
I like cars in general I dont really have a type and would love to have my own custum shop where i could build whatever (my retirement goal is to restore classic cars).

That being said currently I am set with my dodge ram until mid late 09 and then i will xshop the challenger/stang/camaro (currently the camaro has the best looking future so far).
Old 11-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #8
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Well, the current shopping list for 2011 looks like this:

-BMW 135i (tied for 1st)
-->PROS: Funky looks, FAST (prolly sub 5 sec to 60mph), amazing handling, BMW safety
-->CONS: Funky looks, expensive!, hard to modify, expensive to own (and fix), RWD in New England, small interior, few dealer options that I can afford

-Camaro SS (tied for 1st)
-->PROS: Looks AWESOME, FAST (prolly sub 5 sec to 60mph), best handling Camaro ever (prolly), safest Camaro ever, inexpensive, easy to modify, GMPP!, the-look-on-the-face-of-the-M3-driver-in-my-rearview-mirror!
-->CONS: RWD in New England, gas mileage, cramped back seats(?), GM build quality (IF they keep to the past), rear tires will be expensive, insurance cost

-Subaru WRX STI (2nd)--Ugly as hell but its fast, has AWD (I'm from Boston remember), and could fit a couple of young kids when they come along.

-Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (3rd)--Also pretty ugly, fast as hell, SUPER AWD, four doors with room for kids

-Pontiac G8 (4th)--I'd rather have the Chevy Lumina SS from South Africa that I saw a pic of... I'd take that and drop a 550hp LSX into it! It's big enough for the whole family and fast enough for me!

This may be sort of off topic, but I thought I'd toss it in here anyway...

~LSx
Old 11-01-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
stovt001

Yup, the 135 and G8 are on the top of my list with the Camaro as well. I live in Southern California, so it is RWD all the way for me. Sadly the 135 will probably be far too expensive (sadly it is supposed to be the "affordable" BMW, but with the weak dollar nothing is both European and affordable.) The G8 is larger than I would like. I'm hoping Pontiac makes something one size smaller, but otherwise the same as the G8, for less money of course. If they did, it would probably come down to the Camaro and that. Man, in a few years when I'm ready to buy a new car, it will be the best time in history for us car guys. So many good choices out there.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #10
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
I'm quite partial to BMWs... I'm really liking the new M3.
I'm into the Porsche (spell check please? lol) 911 turbo as well
I'm sure I'll catch some flack for this one but, I <3 my 'stang too, if I can't get a new 'maro I'll probly just supercharge my mustang and live with that for a while... lol
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #11
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Yup, the 135 and G8 are on the top of my list with the Camaro as well. I live in Southern California, so it is RWD all the way for me. Sadly the 135 will probably be far too expensive (sadly it is supposed to be the "affordable" BMW, but with the weak dollar nothing is both European and affordable.) The G8 is larger than I would like. I'm hoping Pontiac makes something one size smaller, but otherwise the same as the G8, for less money of course. If they did, it would probably come down to the Camaro and that. Man, in a few years when I'm ready to buy a new car, it will be the best time in history for us car guys. So many good choices out there.
I'm also hoping they make something smaller than the G8. The current G6 is garbage, and its FWD which isn't a lot of fun. They really need a slightly-smaller-than-3-series car that is also RWD with some good engines.

The 135 is probably going to start around $35k, which is pretty high without any options (not that there is anything 'basic' about it) but by the time its optioned out, your probably looking at $38k which is a lot of cash.

The AWD cars are a LOT of fun in the snow, you can drift around on/off ramps, and go ice-racing on frozen lakes! That may be enough reason to get one... but they are just so damn ugly!

~CB
Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #12
stovt001

Ah if only I had snow to enjoy an AWD car with.

Well the weak dollar makes imports more expensive relative to domestic cars, and it makes American cars sold abroad relatively cheaper too. So I don't mind the 135 being expensive, because the reason it is so expensive is the same reason GM's cars are/will be so affordable. I do not doubt the fbodfather when he says we'll be surprised how affordable the Camaro will be. With the new labor contract and the weak dollar, GM is looking at very favorable financial conditions.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:48 PM   #13
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I like all types of cars from the 86 Toyota Trueno Sprinter, to the Bugatti.

I posted in the other thread but my favorite cars are these

Ferrari 355 F1
Lambourghini Reventon
Camaro (5th gen)
Porsche 959
Mazda RX-7 (FD3S)
Old 11-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #14
Gmoney_2010

Drives: 2004 Envoy SLT 4X4
hey! this is my first post.

im really ready for the new camaros to come out and hopefully i will get one when i graduate from highschool in a couple years!! but i also like the BMW 3 Series coupes, and my mom is getting the new Buick Enclave pretty soon, which is an awsome car by the way!