Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-13-2007, 08:18 PM   #57
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
it's just if GM wanted it bad enough they could push the contractors to rip that crap out of there quicker and install it quicker. we all know that given the right motivation (money in this situation) people would be willing to work a lot harder.
Although I agree with you 100%; GM, I think, is making a commitment towards quality, and excellency from now on. Faster doesn't always mean better. You see what I'm trying to say?

I know the waiting is tough, but I'd rather have my Car a month 'late', and be better built, with no possible (as far as GM can control) problems, then a Car NOW, but that 'could' have issues...
Old 12-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #58
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
well the quality is a big issue and I agree with that. I just personally don't see why quality would suffer to get the plant up to par to get the first 30 off the line sooner. either way I'm waiting til the convertable. have me a show car and then my 98 a race car. lol.

oh well I haven't been able to get on here that much since the goverment has this site blocked but who knows why that other 5th gen site isn't. so there are a lot of new names and all. nice to meet you all btw.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #59
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by browndawgdude View Post
I thought the Camaro was going to be built on the Holden platform? No? Still, even if it's built on a new platform, it's still out a full year after the Challenger and is two years or so away for being in dealerships. That is a long time, especially in car years. Hell Mustang will be completely re-done by that time (likely).
Someone else said that the Challenger wasn't competition to the Camaro. How's that? I think they are direct competitors with Mustang being the odd man out.
This muscle car war will get interesting for sure...in 2 years.
Well gee, there will always be cars "out" before another car is, that's just the life cycles on car models. And just like every forum I've seen your posts in, you seem to ignore the facts/info that are out here and apply your own negative "logic". Fourteen months or so to new Camaros being in dealerships is a looooong ways from two years. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 PM   #60
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Anyone heard "be anxious for nothing"??? Good advice we could all follow. Besides think of the gratification of having waited only to be overwhelmingly excited staring at your 5thgen in your driveway, in due time.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #61
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Boxermonkeyracing -
Quote:
then inevitable official release of the production version next month at detroit
Nope sorry not gonna happen. The Detroit auto show will not be showcasing the production camaro. Thats already been stated by Scott. I believe we will get prodction information/pictures mid to late 08.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:42 AM   #62
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Not that I was aware of. At least, I've never heard that...
well they said production was starting in last quarter of 08. and you dont think someone is goign to be buying any of these before 09 comes around???? i doubt it. im sure there will be a few of these going to the BIG chevy dealers.

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:11 AM   #63
Mr. Wyndham

We'll see. But I'm not counting on it.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:57 AM   #64
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i probably wont even see mine anyways until it comes in off the truck so i dont really care if the dealers get any in early or not ....just give me mine...and dont let anyone sit in it.

2012 Porsche Panamera 4
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #65
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Boxermonkeyracing -

Nope sorry not gonna happen. The Detroit auto show will not be showcasing the production camaro. Thats already been stated by Scott. I believe we will get prodction information/pictures mid to late 08.
Already said this before, but I think I think it bears repeating. Since we're looking at an early 2009 release, the SEMA and LA auto shows in late 2008 will be the most likely venues to unveil the production version.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #66
PureEvil

Drives: 03 Cobra / 09 Camaro SS
If this is true I am not going to even bother buying a Camaro. Or at least that generation. I might as well just go and buy something in the future. Yea sure its a good looking car but I don't feel like dealing with this BS. Heck in two weeks I am looking into going to see a Camaro about 2 hrs north of me. Its a 2002 Camaro SS with low miles on it. Maybe in 08' drop a LS9 w/ the supercharger into it. Seeing as the LS9 is going to be released in 08.
PureEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:33 PM   #67
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureEvil View Post
If this is true I am not going to even bother buying a Camaro. Or at least that generation.
Why? I'm just asking - but what has changed that effects your decision?
Old 12-14-2007, 03:41 PM   #68
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
well they said production was starting in last quarter of 08. and you dont think someone is goign to be buying any of these before 09 comes around???? i doubt it. im sure there will be a few of these going to the BIG chevy dealers.
As Scott stated, production will start, but it will start slow to ensure that there are no defects. It will take them a little while to build up enough stock for a real release. They're not going to send out one truckload at a time for the initial release. There will be a large stockpile of Camaros in Oshawa before the release, and then they will ship them all out at once all over the country.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:42 PM   #69
PureEvil

Drives: 03 Cobra / 09 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Why? I'm just asking - but what has changed that effects your decision?
Why? The main reason is because they keep pushing the production date further and further back. There are other cars I do happen to be interested in it was just that I really liked the Camaro at the time, and it's not like I am going to just keep on waiting. So I may just go out and buy a different car.
PureEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #70
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I haven't seen the production pushed back often at all. For the longest time they have said it would be released early 09. Nothing has changed about that since around the time they announced they would actually produce it.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote