Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
NORSS426

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2/RS
HELP: Issues with Twin Turbos on Stock Engine??

Ok this thread is definitely not to bash twin turbo set ups (because I intend on buying one no matter what), but I'm curious to know some things from experience turbo owners or anybody that has had a TT system on their V8 Camaro.

1. Any issues with the bolt on systems?

2. If there were issues what should/can you do to prevent the issues?

3. Any strongly recommended items that should be bought along with kit to add to the durability and longevity of the LS3 stock engine.

I have a LS3 M6 with no mods (except High Flow Cats, which i know I will have to get rid of when I get twins), and I am looking to get between 550-600 Rwhp (6-8lbs of boost).

I'd appreciate any help you all can give me! If there are any suggestions on a certain brand of system that would be helpful too, just give some good reasoning.

Thanks alot guys!

Last edited by NORSS426; 09-17-2010 at 03:47 PM.
NORSS426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
read on gms, granetelli motorsports, ips, and hellion, those are 3 good kits i heard about...also fastlane and wicked motorsports
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
Blkcamaro757

Drives: 2010 camaro RS SS 6speed
Just took mine to the dealer ship today for oil change. About after 10 min of sitting in the lobby all the techs come running in asking did i buy my camaro with the turbos like that. I was like no i had it put on. Then they was like it looked stock like I bought it that way. Then they went on how they seen all types of cars with kits but the engine bays looked like hell lol. But any ways they said it looked nice had no problems changing the oil. And no check engine lights and no codes. I run 6psi. I have 3000k on the turbos with no problems. Drives normal and i drive it everyday to work. I personally went with hellion cause they been out awhile. My shop had no problems installing it cause everything fit perfect. Nothing special u need to do just do the regular oil changes and also run the 91-93 gas depending what state u in. If you click the link u can take a look at my set up.

http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/...%20ss%20turbo/

http://www.dtpracing.com/

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/i...bo-systems/172
Blkcamaro757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:19 AM   #4
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTI Nick View Post
And TTi/Turbo Technology... GMS teamed up with us to help make the best possible kit for the 2010 Camaros.

I'm always around to help when I can. I've got my cell phone/email at my hip and many members can vouch that off the clock, I'm always ready to help!

Here is a quick video of our kit. This was the first kit we made and we've made a few changes since this video but you get the idea.

Drop me an email or a phone call if you would like further information- I'd be glad to help

Nick
yah i wanna see more videos ( of the car running the setup ) that is ????
i am really leaning towards your and joes kit i just wanna see a bit more first before i commit
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #5
SSMINNOW

Drives: Hellion twin turbo 2010 Camaro SS
I have a bone stock LS3 with a Hellion twin kit and I love it. I dont have anything extra, just what comes with the kit.
SSMINNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
NORSS426

bump.....but what other items would be strongly recommended to buy along with the kit? I'm trying to get an exact price estimate.

Boost Controller? Internals? Injectors? Custom Tune? Something else I haven't thought of?

...I want 550-600 Rwhp, and the ability to adjust boost up/down at anytime with no engine destruction reprocussions.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #7
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORSS426 View Post
bump.....but what other items would be strongly recommended to buy along with the kit? I'm trying to get an exact price estimate.

Boost Controller? Internals? Injectors? Custom Tune? Something else I haven't thought of?

...I want 550-600 Rwhp, and the ability to adjust boost up/down at anytime with no engine destruction reprocussions.

All these have repercussions but I think so far the main tt guys do a great job of performance plus safety considering the ls3 block
Old 09-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
NORSS426

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMINNOW View Post
I have a bone stock LS3 with a Hellion twin kit and I love it. I dont have anything extra, just what comes with the kit.
SSMINNOW...how many miles have you put on the kit?, how much boost are you running? do you know how much rwhp that translates to?, did you install it yourself and if so did you run into any problems?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
NORSS426

bump...
Old 09-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #10
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
I've been holding out on the M6 dyno video. I've got the original M6 dyno video I shot during one of our runs. It's not the final run we made with the M6 but its very close. This run is about 600RWHP and our final number was just shy of 620RWHP on 91 octane gas.

Again, this is the raw, original, unedited file, zipped up. You'll probably need VLC Player to view it. Its horrible as far as the quality goes... $100 pocket camera can only go so far

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS: (85mb)
http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/P1010478.zip

If you have ANY questions, please dont hesitate to email me or George- we'd be happy to help you out.

Nick
i saw the vid...quite impressive
Old 09-24-2010, 03:25 AM   #11
SILVER BULLITT

Quote:
That was actually my first time watching it with sound

Glad you enjoyed it! Hopefully the OP/TS will also enjoy it

well i enjoyed it !!!
i cant wait for my kit ! was it just me or did anyone else not hear the blow off valve ??
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
Old 09-24-2010, 03:25 AM   #12
SILVER BULLITT

cuz i want mine loud as hell!!!