Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #183
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
yea I'm going to have to agree with PQ here. I mean here's another way of saying it

"we pretty much diffused the bomb"
Old 08-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #184
insidethreat07

Drives: 2001 Camaro 3.8
pretty much is like saying "man i was so close", and close only counts in horse shoes and hand gernades.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #185
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Oh I think I am just getting total lip service at this point. I'll send you the e-mail I sent BFXAUTO.
I think we all need to see this.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #186
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Well the jist of the e-mail stated that this is total BS, That PQ was told the EXACT same thing, that if need be I can come to California to resolve this issue etc.....

Of course his resposne was he is waiting on Savini, that it is in Savini's hands yada yada yada.........LIP SERVICE.

At the VERY EARLIEST I am thinking it will be 2 weeks...............HOPEFULLY they will not vibrate, BUT I highly doubt it......Then the real issues will begin.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #187
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
If BFXAUTO wasn't so cool there would be more stuff to add to this thread...
Old 08-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #188
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
If BFXAUTO wasn't so cool there would be more stuff to add to this thread...
Unfortunately he is the one caught in the middle in the whole deal and if the wheels are not vibration free will be the one on the hook for returning my money. Ant that is exactly what I am doing is kicking rocks since my car is on jack stands, LOL, well it aint funny.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:38 AM   #189
The Stig

you know, and this is just a possibility. The google sponsored links (the ones that appear highlighted above your search results) are pretty much dirt cheap, *if* one were to hypothetically set up a sponsored link that directed people towards this page, hypothetically that person would have a pretty fair amount of leverage against Savini. This hypothetical scenario is also 100% legal too, just if someone were hypothetically considering this hypothetical scenario.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #190
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Here is a response I received through BFXAUTO from Savini about my wheels. While I have no clue what all these number mean or how they are dreived from it looks great. Woohoo, NOT. In all honesty as long as they don't vibrate I do not care what the number say. I do find it intersting they SAY they found a FLAT spot on the inner parts of one wheel froma SUPPOSED pot hole. LMAO.

I guess I am "Dear Valued Customer" John would have sufficed but I guess the form letter is another sign, just fill in the blanks.

From those who have seen my car, especially at Fbodygathering , they know this is a joke. I got my car on July 1, 2009 and have a grand total of 9200 miles, ZERO track time and the most stress that my car has seen has been on a dyno. I know people really find in hard to believe but we really do have paved roads in ALABAMA, Really we do AND we don't jump creeks and rivers on Friday nights for fun. Not all of us live in trailers and have seen UFO's, I actually have all my teeth, wear shoes and have a job.

If these wheel dent from normal driving WELL that should tell you all you need to know about these High Dollar Custom Forged Wheels. YEAH RIGHT. But enjoy.

Dear valued customer,

First of all, I would like to send our sincere apology for having such an issue with our product. We always strive to stand by our product and offer the customer services that you deserve. I understand your frustration on this incident and want offer you our full support and also let you know what we found on the wheels.

When we got the wheels we have demounted the tires and ran a run out test and here is what we found on the wheels as is:

Wheels Reviewed Summary

Run out Reading (mm) Centerbore (mm)

Inner Rim Outer Rim C.B.

1st wheel
0.58mm 0.50mm 67.0mm

2nd Wheel
0.30mm 0.60mm 67.0mm

3rd Wheel
0.50mm 0.34mm 67.0mm

4th Wheel
0.46mm 0.33mm 67.0mm

The maximum run out limit we allow is set at maximum 0.60mm (industry standard) in radial and lateral for both inner and outer. I have highlighted the ones that are close to the maximum reading. We also found that on the first wheel, inner rim has a flat spot at the flange and we went and replaced to the brand new part at our expense. We do not know if you had hit a pot hole, or damaged in any way but we went and replaced with new parts at free of charge. Looking at the original reading and also checked the centerbore and they all pass at what the fitment suppose to be at. The centerbore was at question but all 4 centerbore are at consistant 67.0mm diameter. We have taken apart of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd wheels and have replaced parts and new bolts and make the run out even better. And this is the final run out reading .

Run out Reading (mm) Centerbore (mm)

Inner Rim Outer Rim C.B.

1st wheel
0.40mm 0.38mm 67.0mm

2nd Wheel
0.41mm 0.30mm 67.0mm

3rd Wheel
0.38mm 0.28mm 67.0mm

4th Wheel
0.46mm 0.33mm 67.0mm

We are currently waiting for the seal to set (it takes min 36hrs to seal) and once it is sealed, then we can remount the tires and send it back to you. We will be able to remount the tires by Aug-11 Thursday and ship to you 2 day air and will be at your place by Monday. We apologize for the delay but we want to make sure that you are happy with all the review and balance of the wheels when you get them back.

We are confident that you will not have issues with our wheels when you get back, so let us know what you find.

Once again, we thank you for your patience and working with us to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Lawrence
Old 08-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #191
The Stig

cough**cough
Old 08-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #192
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Oh, I'm sure they're going to be perfect this time.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:41 AM   #193
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
John, all of this brings back memories.

The big difference here is that you are scheptical as they do this. I was possitive thinking and was trying to WILL them to be good. I eventually let them off the hook, so to speak. I should have demamded that they remake ALL of them and not just the two worst ones. I let them kinda push me around a bit. I know you won't.

Also, I hit a gap from missing blacktop where it was meeting the cement bridge on my way to the F-Body gathering that damn near made the front of the car come off the ground. AT 75 MPH. I just KNEW I caved the side of at of the wheel in. It was violent. I saw it at the last second because it was dark that morning. I was absolutely SHOCKED that there was no damage. I've NEVER hit anything that hard before in my life. These wheels are quite strong. Don't let those preening pricks BS you into the 'It's your fault' shit. They make you feel like a dick by adding things like "At our expense" to try and bully you in a way.

Those numbers don't mean shit.

Remember my numbers were very much the same, and when I had them back I took video showing the ridiculous bouncing on two wheels and smaller bouncing on the other two. It was pretty unanimous that it was NOT right. Savini's response......... Hmmmmmmmmmmm, that's peculiar.

I don't know what they are doing there but we've done our due diligence here to make sure nobody else gets stuck with a 'F'ed up product.

I'd be par with them and just wash my hands of them if my paint didn't fall off in layers later.

And if anyone is wondering if I am just piling on, look at my threads on everything I've purchased on this site. Had problems with a lot of stuff. Still give the vendors the total support they deserve. They took care of me perfectly. Most I haven't had any problems with at all. ONLY Savini. Worst purchase of my life and other than a vehicle or home, the most expensive one.

Vibrations, missing TPMS sensors, Paint peeling, all the costs of shipping and mounting and balancing on me = RUN from this company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Oh, I'm sure they're going to be perfect this time.

I will say this. I was REALY excited when I got the similar info. AND when I got the wheels I was so upbeat and possitive that I suffered a placeabo type effect. In total denial.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #194
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I should have included my sarcasm html tags.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:45 AM   #195
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I should have included my sarcasm html tags.
Not needed. You have been assimilated. LOL
Old 08-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #196
Rencor

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Thanks for the heads up. This is one brand scratched from the list! Sorry for your pain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
This is just another reason I made this thread so that people can be made aware of this wheels, the service and the drama that you have to go through.