Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #15
fastscout

Drives: 18' hbm 2ss conv.
only one thing wrong with your comments about the Camaro...it's not a sports car, was not designed to be a sports car and will never be a sports car...and according to you, now the mustang is no longer a muscle car. oh well, so now the only competition the Camaro has is the Challenger, in the muscle car category. honestly, sports cars and muscle cars have very different characteristics and if you expect a Camaro to handle like a sports car I guess it's no wonder why you think the Mustang and much more expensive BMW are better cars.
fastscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #16
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastscout View Post
only one thing wrong with your comments about the Camaro...it's not a sports car, was not designed to be a sports car and will never be a sports car...and according to you, now the mustang is no longer a muscle car. oh well, so now the only competition the Camaro has is the Challenger, in the muscle car category. honestly, sports cars and muscle cars have very different characteristics and if you expect a Camaro to handle like a sports car I guess it's no wonder why you think the Mustang and much more expensive BMW are better cars.
i had to go back to make sure i didn't call the camaro a sports car, threw out my time on being on the camaro5 forums the ONE thing i try to stress to people is the camaro IS NOT a sports car, its a muscle car i KNOW THAT! THATS WHY IT CAN NOT HANLDE compared to sports cars... like the mustang and 370z, i dont care about handling, i am just tryng to say the mustang 5.0L is the best deal on a sports cars for less then 40k, and people here have to realize that

... when people start saying the camaro handles well stock they have not been in a real sports car.. like the 370z, or something like that
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:36 AM   #17
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i had to go back to make sure i didn't call the camaro a sports car, threw out my time on being on the camaro5 forums the ONE thing i try to stress to people is the camaro IS NOT a sports car, its a muscle car i KNOW THAT! THATS WHY IT CAN NOT HANLDE compared to sports cars... like the mustang and 370z, i dont care about handling, i am just tryng to say the mustang 5.0L is the best deal on a sports cars for less then 40k, and people here have to realize that

... when people start saying the camaro handles well stock they have not been in a real sports car.. like the 370z, or something like that
You should trade your crappy "non-sports car" Camaro for a Mustang then. You can get them for next to nothing around here in Central FL... and most the Ford Dealers have only 1/2 their lots filled because no one is buying anything they sell but F-150's these days.
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:05 AM   #18
chopss

Drives: 04 sentra, 2ss
i believe the Camaro beats the 370z on tracks and roadcourse.
I love the way my Camaro handles its smooth not punishing on my back and love the sure footed feel powering through a curve .
Now with the Stang it might be a milli second slower. there are actually some tests where the ss out powers the 5.0 through the 1/4 mile.
any way its all subjective and what you like
i love my ss
chopss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:01 AM   #19
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopss View Post
i believe the Camaro beats the 370z on tracks and roadcourse.
I love the way my Camaro handles its smooth not punishing on my back and love the sure footed feel powering through a curve .
Now with the Stang it might be a milli second slower. there are actually some tests where the ss out powers the 5.0 through the 1/4 mile.
any way its all subjective and what you like
i love my ss
with i say track i mean a handling track, when i say drag strip, i mean drag racing.... trust me a 370z with out handle the shit out of a camaro

camaro is faster on a drag stip, but not on a track
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:41 AM   #20
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
with i say track i mean a handling track, when i say drag strip, i mean drag racing.... trust me a 370z with out handle the shit out of a camaro

camaro is faster on a drag stip, but not on a track
Sure...
http://www.fastestlaps.com/track20.html
http://www.fastestlaps.com/track16.html

You really don't know what you're talking about.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #21
AquaSSRS

Drives: formerly a AGM ZL1 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
Sure...

I would say those times clear up this debate.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #22
CamaroFTW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS-Rally Yellow
Send a message via MSN to CamaroFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaSSRS View Post
I would say those times clear up this debate.
Checkmate!
CamaroFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #23
1up5dn

Drives: 2011 Black RS SS
OK, so it IS a sports car? I thought it was a station wagon!
1up5dn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #24
Partick

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
Sure...

+1, the numbers they do not lie...LOL
Partick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #25
squat

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger
Maybe he meant if the track didn't have any straight-aways then the z would beat a camaro?

I suppose if there's one thing I learned from this thread it's that I need to buy a Viper or ZR1.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #26
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
The whole Muscle car/Sports car debate is silly

I've had my 2011 2SS/RS for only a week but I have learned to absolutley love it. I drove it home from Nor Cal to SoCal, on Highway 1 through Big Sur. Even though I was conservative as mistakes on that stretch of Highway are most often terminal and I was trying to stay under the 4K rpm per the breakin schedule I could tell that it is one hell of a fine car and with the PZeros sticks like glue. On the other hand, a few weeks ago I did a few hot laps in a Lotus Elise at a SoCal road course, and there is no comparison. It's apples and organges, and that's OK. If I had the money, I'd have both. Is the Camaro a sports car? It sure as hell is "sporty", but is it "Sports Car". No
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #27
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
Something is wrong with your post... let me fix it...

All those typos... you need to work on your posting skills. I removed all those Mustang comments and fixed it with "Camaro"... which I assume you meant to say.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #28
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shields View Post
Something is wrong with your post... let me fix it...

All those typos... you need to work on your posting skills. I removed all those Mustang comments and fixed it with "Camaro"... which I assume you meant to say.
What an A-Hole ..

Crowley