Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-13-2009, 01:38 PM   #85
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
I forgot one, do away with the sharkfin radio/onstar antena, low profile one like dodge boys use, look so much better.
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #86
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Since I'm going to have to wait until 2011-12 to buy one anyway, I figure I'll throw in my .02

Get rid of that stupid, non-functional hood scoop. I think the V6 fascia looks much cleaner. I love the cowl induction type hood. It doesn't even have to be functional, although functionality is always preferred. Save the scoops/bells/whistles for the high-end Z/28 model with the LS-7 (I think the LS9/A should be the ZL-1, since that was the big daddy). But I'm not a big fan of the scoop. Although I guess we can tell the ricers it adds 50rwhp.

NAV system, please. Almost every car is available with one of these, but leave it to GM to play catch up. I read in one of the magazines it wasn't being offered because this car wasn't marketed toward the upscale market (i.e. people who will pay the extra 2500 for it). STUPID. That's why the old F-bodies ultimately failed because they were marketed towards a certain group of people. The Mustang sells because it's marketed towards everyone. Horsepower junkies aren't the only people that think it's attractive. Women, girls, older men, young guys... It has a slightly less aggressive look to it that appeals to a broader spectrum of buyers. This Camaro is about as mean looking as a car can get, which I love, but a 16 year old highschool cheerleader probably won't. The outside of this car is phenomenal, but a cheap interior might be a breaking point of someone who wants a little CLASS with their beast. Plus the new Mustangs have it.

Which leads me to -- different interior. I like this interior, I do, but I think I will grow tired of it quickly. Sure, it's got lots of neat shaped buttons and colorful lights, but I think they went overboard with it. I would like something a little classier and cleaner looking. Especially the guages. I love how they're trying to bring back the '67/'68 look of the guages, but I think they're kind of small. Well, I say small. I think the centers are too big, leaving very little actual guage to be seen. And those louvers around them look too busy. Give me a guage that's a little bigger with a longer needle and bigger numbers. The seats are A++++ already - leave them. Especially if they have the accent stitching. That's the class I'm talking about. Makes it look upscale.

USB port standard on all models. Flash cards can plug right in, and just about every MP3 player has a USB cable to plug into your computer, so rather than the expense and space required for a HD, just do a USB port.

Smart Keys. My girlfriend's $16,000 2007 Nissan Sentra has this. I guess this shows how lazy I'm getting as I age, but there's something really nice about not having to ever take your keys out of your pocket and fumble for them just to get into your car. Especially when you're trying to flee from the aliens. Remote start would be nice, too.

HUD - couldn't care less about. If you're going too fast to be able to look down 30* to see your speedo, you shouldn't be going that fast.

Some lightweight 19" forged wheels. This could easily cut 7-10lbs off EACH of those huge, 20" cast wheels. I don't know why this big wheel trend is so popular. Has anyone ever picked one of these things up? I used to change tires at Sears years ago, and I HATED all those guys that brought in their cars with 20" wheels. Not only were they heavy as crap, changing low profile tires is never fun. Keep your dubs, GM. Give me some wheels that can perform.

The valved mufflers from the Corvette. They "only" add 6hp, but that's mostly because the exhaust is about as free flowing as they come (it is designed/made by Borla!), but to hear it ROAR at WOT is just toooo cool.

GMPP shorty headers STANDARD. Seriously, why aren't these standard? They don't hurt your MPG (if anything they would help), and since it has cats it would only be marginally louder if at all, so WHY AREN'T THEY STANDARD? They're the same stainless design as the manifolds that come on the LS engines (which almost look like micro shorty headers), so surely they wouldn't be that much more expensive to make/install than the manifolds.

Painted stripes, like Bumblebees. Sweeeeeet.

And those are the main things I would like to see that might actually have a chance. The next few are wishful thinking.

ZR1 BRAKES!!! The Brembos are A+, don't get me wrong. But CCM brakes (which, just FYI, were sourced from the Ferrari Enzo and FXX), would cut about 100lbs off the car, not to mention last longer. Obviously the costs would prohibit this being a standard element, but would be a great option for those looking to cut some unsprung, rotational mass.

Carbon fiber hood. I don't know what the hood weighs, but the one off my 1968 Camaro weighed a solid 70lbs. At least. A carbon fiber hood would weigh around 20. So there's another 50lbs gone.

Carbon fiber fenders/trunk lid would probably cut another 30-40lbs.

So with CCM brakes (100), CF hood/fenders/trunk lid (80), and some lightweight 19" wheels (30), suddenly your 3800lb light-heavyweight is down to the middleweight class at around 3600, which is more competitive with the new mustang's welterweight of 3500.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #87
jtaack

Drives: 2010 V6 2LT Imperial Blue
ABL!!! LMAO!!!!!

jtaack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:58 PM   #88
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
so... 2011 model.

new features, what would you want?

Aside from the obvious Z28 "which i think i am personally holding out for"

And no i wont tell you what is coming in 2011 model year or subsequent model years "Gm already has a fairly good idea on whats coming" as Scott asked me not too and i wouldent anyways. I ain't skeered of suburbans, but some things must remain a secret for the time being, although i would LOVE to tell you because it would blow(n) your minds.

So post up.
If you're going to tease, it's not nice to post something that isn't going to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
#1 ... monkey in the trunk ....
#2 .... # 1 is all I need ..

Crowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Why why why would you do this? How could you ask us this when this car isn't even out yet?

2011 will blow my mind? So you're telling me the 2010 is outdated already? Great...
Quote:
i would step over my own mother for a blown 571 big block with duel king demon carbs. Fuel injection is nice. But i am partial to carburation for a musclecar.

I would also like to see the hideaway headlights, although it's not going to happen. A full hotchkis suspension setup. Sport and cruise mode that lowers the car closer to the road for a true G-machine.

I would also like the vette exhaust tips molded into the body for a side exhaust behind or in front of the rear tires. More hood choices with a retro look.

pushbutton start with electric and fuel cutoff switches.

So i am basically describing my Camaro in my garage right now but some of these things would be nice in the new Camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulv7260 View Post
Climate control would be nice. I can't fathom why this isn't in the 2010 model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
I would like a Z28 in 2011 also. Also a sidepipe option would be cool with a ZL1 hood. But as far as the 2010, I'd settle for an 80 Zedder signature on it someplace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Z28 with the LSA motor!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Zedder, Scott, and the GM team:

All I ask is a reasonably priced Z28 that can compete with the GT500. And offer a slick green color if you can make it work on the body. If not then forget the green and like you said yourself..

Just make a Z. I'll be waiting at the dealership when it arrives.

Also, Scott and Zedder can check their PMs for a simple question on timetables. Just for planning purposes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
Ok all i know is that CAFE and most states are getting stricter with their regulations. the 500+ hp camaro/ z28, needs to be built "PRONTO" because the longer GM waits the most likely its not going to happen. we really need this car for 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I like this idea! Basically, bring back the COPO while we still can!!! Not that I could afford it, but it would be cool to see this option "secretly" available again. Other than that, I would like to see:

1. Z/28
2. HUD
3. T-Tops
4. "Real" Hugger Orange available
5. Houndstooth Cloth Interior Option
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
TVS1900 please.
These pretty much sum up what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaack View Post
ABL!!! LMAO!!!!!
You just had to get that one in, huh?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:01 PM   #89
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
I would really like to see Jestream Blue offered... I'm paranoid that Aqua Blue is going to be too greenish when it's not in a showroom environment :(
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #90
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
If I told you 2 things would happen. 1. You would have no reason to come back to the thread and keep me entertained at work. 2. My wife would kill me as I would be out of a job. And I did promise to buy her a late 60's fastback mustang in the next year that I could restore for her. "Yuck, mustang sharing MY garage with my Z28. I bet the stang wets itself everynight from intimidation"
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #91
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Some questions/comments - There is no RS specific fascia. The RS package only adds HIDs, 20in wheels with specific finish, darker taillamps, spoiler on non-SS models, colored roof ditch moldings, and badges. slot is SS only

Just wondering why you'd want the auto-dimming mirror eliminated. Do you want it optional, or do you want it removed completely? It's not that great of a feature, somewhat gimmicky imho and would save cost. I hope they pulled a part# from another model using that

And why would you ever want electric steering over hydraulic? You generally lose so much steering feel and communication. Sure it has a very marginal fuel economy gain, but is that really worth it? Heck no. The early versions of ES are quite antiquated by two designs out there today that would be a good fit for the V6.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #92
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
OK well the mail-slot has nothing to do with the RS package. The fascias are LS/LT or SS specific, not RS specific.

I see what you're saying about the auto-dimming mirror. Given how common they are and how long they have been around, I doubt the cost savings of removing it would be significant. But yeah, there isn't much point to auto-dimming interior mirrors. Dimming side mirrors would be nice.

Still gotta disagree with the EPS. Even if they have gotten better, a 1 mpg improvement just isn't enough to justify giving up a more natural, mechanical feel to the steering.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:53 PM   #93
Goblue

Drives: 2010 Black LT
bumblebee color
hugger orange if they take away yellow all together
push button start
an optional 20" wheel that is black that doesn't cost $2100, or whatever the 21"s cost
Old 02-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #94
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
You guys sure do want green don't ya? Lol
There have been a few of us asking for green for quite some time. I'd like to see an updated version of the first gen. Rallye Green on my 2011/2012 Z/28!
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #95
t3chfr3ak

Drives: mazda 6
Red or white leather interior
Glass roof(like mustang)
LED signal side mirror covers
Motorized auto folding mirrors(My car has it look cool)
Chrome wheels
t3chfr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #96
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
If I told you 2 things would happen. 1. You would have no reason to come back to the thread and keep me entertained at work. 2. My wife would kill me as I would be out of a job. And I did promise to buy her a late 60's fastback mustang in the next year that I could restore for her. "Yuck, mustang sharing MY garage with my Z28. I bet the stang wets itself everynight from intimidation"
Translation:
#1 is supercharger kit(you said still no factory s/c cars, nothing about a kit)
and
#2....damn, I don't know what else would blow my mind....I wanna say GenV but the Vette will get it 1-2 years before anything else. I guess if we see the release of a C7 GenV powered Vette in the near future we may see it soon too since it will be nearly two years before our 2011 Camaros are out and that follows the time line pretty well.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #97
camaross2002
camaross2002

Drives: 2002 pontiac trans am ws6
Send a message via Yahoo to camaross2002
T-TOPS!!!
camaross2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:28 PM   #98
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
Since I'm going to have to wait until 2011-12 to buy one anyway, I figure I'll throw in my .02

Get rid of that stupid, non-functional hood scoop. I think the V6 fascia looks much cleaner. I love the cowl induction type hood. It doesn't even have to be functional, although functionality is always preferred. Save the scoops/bells/whistles for the high-end Z/28 model with the LS-7 (I think the LS9/A should be the ZL-1, since that was the big daddy). But I'm not a big fan of the scoop. Although I guess we can tell the ricers it adds 50rwhp.

NAV system, please. Almost every car is available with one of these, but leave it to GM to play catch up. I read in one of the magazines it wasn't being offered because this car wasn't marketed toward the upscale market (i.e. people who will pay the extra 2500 for it). STUPID. That's why the old F-bodies ultimately failed because they were marketed towards a certain group of people. The Mustang sells because it's marketed towards everyone. Horsepower junkies aren't the only people that think it's attractive. Women, girls, older men, young guys... It has a slightly less aggressive look to it that appeals to a broader spectrum of buyers. This Camaro is about as mean looking as a car can get, which I love, but a 16 year old highschool cheerleader probably won't. The outside of this car is phenomenal, but a cheap interior might be a breaking point of someone who wants a little CLASS with their beast. Plus the new Mustangs have it.

Which leads me to -- different interior. I like this interior, I do, but I think I will grow tired of it quickly. Sure, it's got lots of neat shaped buttons and colorful lights, but I think they went overboard with it. I would like something a little classier and cleaner looking. Especially the guages. I love how they're trying to bring back the '67/'68 look of the guages, but I think they're kind of small. Well, I say small. I think the centers are too big, leaving very little actual guage to be seen. And those louvers around them look too busy. Give me a guage that's a little bigger with a longer needle and bigger numbers. The seats are A++++ already - leave them. Especially if they have the accent stitching. That's the class I'm talking about. Makes it look upscale.

USB port standard on all models. Flash cards can plug right in, and just about every MP3 player has a USB cable to plug into your computer, so rather than the expense and space required for a HD, just do a USB port.

Smart Keys. My girlfriend's $16,000 2007 Nissan Sentra has this. I guess this shows how lazy I'm getting as I age, but there's something really nice about not having to ever take your keys out of your pocket and fumble for them just to get into your car. Especially when you're trying to flee from the aliens. Remote start would be nice, too.

HUD - couldn't care less about. If you're going too fast to be able to look down 30* to see your speedo, you shouldn't be going that fast.

Some lightweight 19" forged wheels. This could easily cut 7-10lbs off EACH of those huge, 20" cast wheels. I don't know why this big wheel trend is so popular. Has anyone ever picked one of these things up? I used to change tires at Sears years ago, and I HATED all those guys that brought in their cars with 20" wheels. Not only were they heavy as crap, changing low profile tires is never fun. Keep your dubs, GM. Give me some wheels that can perform.

The valved mufflers from the Corvette. They "only" add 6hp, but that's mostly because the exhaust is about as free flowing as they come (it is designed/made by Borla!), but to hear it ROAR at WOT is just toooo cool.

GMPP shorty headers STANDARD. Seriously, why aren't these standard? They don't hurt your MPG (if anything they would help), and since it has cats it would only be marginally louder if at all, so WHY AREN'T THEY STANDARD? They're the same stainless design as the manifolds that come on the LS engines (which almost look like micro shorty headers), so surely they wouldn't be that much more expensive to make/install than the manifolds.

Painted stripes, like Bumblebees. Sweeeeeet.

And those are the main things I would like to see that might actually have a chance. The next few are wishful thinking.

ZR1 BRAKES!!! The Brembos are A+, don't get me wrong. But CCM brakes (which, just FYI, were sourced from the Ferrari Enzo and FXX), would cut about 100lbs off the car, not to mention last longer. Obviously the costs would prohibit this being a standard element, but would be a great option for those looking to cut some unsprung, rotational mass.

Carbon fiber hood. I don't know what the hood weighs, but the one off my 1968 Camaro weighed a solid 70lbs. At least. A carbon fiber hood would weigh around 20. So there's another 50lbs gone.

Carbon fiber fenders/trunk lid would probably cut another 30-40lbs.

So with CCM brakes (100), CF hood/fenders/trunk lid (80), and some lightweight 19" wheels (30), suddenly your 3800lb light-heavyweight is down to the middleweight class at around 3600, which is more competitive with the new mustang's welterweight of 3500.
LOL, yeah you dropped 200 lbs. but added $30,000 to the price. I love Camaros, but for 70K+, I'll buy a z06.
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote