Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #239
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildClay View Post
They look like the back-up lights to me in that picture, of they are the rectangular things...

They are at the bottom of the red fascia below the backup lights.... See the small red indents....
Old 08-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #240
WildClay

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
They are at the bottom of the red fascia below the backup lights.... See the small red indents....

Yes, after I slugged through the entire thread which I should have done before posting I guess, I see that those are the back-up lights I was looking and the back-up sensors or for lack of a better term, an "artists rendering" of what they may look like.

<not directed to you SlingShot, just took advantage of a "reply-point" to slip this in>

Speaking from the position of a self-proclaimed non-enthusiest but one who is passionate about his selection of a 2010 Camaro (or I would not be 5 months and waiting still...), I think a number of people hit the nail on the head, GM is targeting the mainstream while not trying to ruin the experience for the true Camaro enthusiest, but without out us mainstreamers (or are warmly referred to here as: everyday'ers, V6'ers, commuters, can't drive people) there would be no GM and no Camaro, we are the ones who buy the vast majority of the cars.

I can say without a doubt that if the Camaro had not already offered a pretty feature rich set of do-dads I likely would not have bought one. I can understand the feeling that they should be optional, but I also understand the reality of making too many options from a cost perspective, and somewhere in the mix has to be consideration for insurance, safety, etc... Seems difficult to ever hit a perfect balance so if they are to err it is going to be to the mainstream if they want to survive.

Putting the 300 bucks aside, from my read of the enthusiests / mods sections on here this crowd is pretty self-suffecient, so I can't imagine that removing or disabling the system is going to be all that difficut if it is that important they not have it.

As for me pile on more, I would love a factory installed HUD (or even an after the fact dealer-installed option but I doubt that will happen), I would also have liked to have had a spoiler option for the color I picked, but on the gadget side I would also like to have that lane change warning system in the side mirrors I have seen, that tell you there is a car in your blind spot.

Many of us everyday'ers want a classy ride, but we also tend to like the creature comforts like heated leather seats, remote-start, automatic transmissions, traction control (as long is it can be turned off when needed), a nice sound system, DIC & HUD, sun-roofs and not just to remove the burn-out smoke as our most likely burn-outs will be from heavy breaking to avoid hitting someone, electric seats, auto dimming mirrors, front and side airbags, would not mind having lower air bags to protect the legs also, and the list goes on and on.

So the real pure muscle car enthusiest while annoyed a little should be glad us everyday'ers are out there so you have a platform to work on, and if it is any consolation, I love seeing the stuff you do to the cars, as we get the bragging rights about the cars potential
3800 - 9/9/9 - Produced
5000 - 9/16/9 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 - 9/17/9 - Delivered to Customer

Many Thanks to CamaroScotty and a friend at GM!! Dealer and GM Customer Service at its best!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #241
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildClay View Post
I would also add that some dealers, such as mine, for whatever reason, place all of their orders as "STOCK", I found this out only this week while trying to figure out something else.

So you might want to ask your dealer if your order is in as "STOCK" or "SOLD" it looks like it makes a difference for this and it may have been a contributor to the other change in my order.
Glad that got straigtend out!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #242
WildClay

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Glad that got straigtend out!
I think I am out of the woods, it is still a work in progress I think but thanks I am in a FAR better position now than this time last week. Hope to get word soon on the "lock-in" will let you know
3800 - 9/9/9 - Produced
5000 - 9/16/9 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 - 9/17/9 - Delivered to Customer

Many Thanks to CamaroScotty and a friend at GM!! Dealer and GM Customer Service at its best!
Old 08-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #243
Dntblnk22
Awaiting my vert...

Drives: 2003 Dodge Ram
This is just my opinion but I don't think they should be a part of a package. I think they should be an add on.

That said, I have to believe it is more cost effective for GM to tack that on as part of the convenience package which is probably why they are not giving a choice. (Please correct me if I am wrong here)

My personal vote (as if it'll change anything...) would be to leave them off altogether.

I am under the impression that just like any other automatic "aid", people will just ignore them in familiar situations. For example, my wife and I have sensors on another vehicle and they always beep at us when backing out of the garage. They catch the garage door frame and then the shrubs next to our driveway. My point here is that we still have to pay close attention to make sure our kids are not behind the vehicle. I have to think that more careless people will just ignore the sensors and not pay attention to what may be behind them.

Ultimately, they are not a replacement for careful driving and awareness of your surroundings.

Just my $0.02...
Old 08-29-2009, 04:30 PM   #244
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
HUD won't be free either....the more goodies, the more price gets out of reach.
All the more reason to let people choose the goodies they want and NOT foist them on people who don't want them!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #245
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
I am sick of posers who claim to be enthusiest. Putting this lame system on the Camaro isn't going to make one person change their mind to buy it over a competitive vehicle. maybe not on the 1SS? Of course I am sure HUD won't be either.........sheesh

The list grows.

1. Remove Onstar
2. Remove shark fin
3. Remove parking assist.
4. Remove tq management.

OK -- I'll address you first -- and then some comments on the subject at large.

We have 15 "Disciples" -- each one of them an "Enthusiast" -- moreover, they are VERY ENTHUSIASTIC Enthusiasts -- because they are webmasters/moderators/club presidents -- the group represents all 4 generations of Camaro -- plus Firebird -- plus Corvette.

They are not 'posers' -- rather, they are the ones who have spent thousands and thousands of hours over the past decade working so that we (thats you and me) could hit websites and talk -- or so we could go to Enthusiast Events and have a great time -- they're the ones who answer questions to so many..........

In fact -- each of them spent a lot of time on this site and others -- allowing people to make their thoughts known as the car was in development.............that was not always an easy thing to do.

Let me say it again: They are not "posers"......

We discussed this option and every other one (including some coming later...)

.....they all felt after a discussion that we should offer this on the uplevel packages (they initially wanted it free-flow, but due to deproliferation we could not do it..)

So -- be careful flaming Enthusiasts or calling people 'posers' (which, I must say, I found offensive...)

-- each of us is unique in our own way.

Now -- a comment at large:

As to the rear fascia.......let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

There was the first picture of a White Camaro in a garage - the first real pic. of a 5th gen without cammo........

THE WORLD WAS COMING TO AN END!!!!! OMG!!!! IT'S A FAT PIG THAT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE CONCEPT -- NOTHING!!!!!!! "Let's kill the Camaro Team!!!!"

..............and then there was the 'mail slot' on the SS Fascia...........

UGLIEST CAR EVER BUILT!!!!!! ""Let's kill the Camaro Team!!!!"

.......................and THEN there was the 'unique' SS front fascia..........

BLASPHEMY!!!! UGLY!!!! MAKES SMALL CHILDREN RUN CRYING FROM THE ROOM!!!!.............."Let's kill the Camaro Team!!!!"

................and THEN there was the first pics of the interior............

GO TO YOUR "MERRIAM-WEBSTER DICTIONARY" -AND LOOK UP THE WORD 'UGLY' -- AND THERE IT IS! A CAMARO SS!!!
"Let's kill the Camaro Team!!!!"

..........LEST WE FORGET.......... THE BACKUP LIGHTS!!!!

OMG!!!! This is worse than -- well -- we don't know -- but it's worse!!!!............ "Let's kill the Camaro Team!!!!"

..........and the list of "Panics du Jour" and "Panics du Month" could go on and on and on..................

.....and guess what? Nearly every one of these 'panics' are non-issues today.

So calm down.

The world is not coming to an end.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:03 PM   #246
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Simply not for me. In my humble opinion, it is an unnecessary tool. I learn where my corners are, and would never trust those sensors anyway. Back up Camera makes way more sense for so many reasons.

Glad I got my Camaro BEFORE these were put on.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #247
Speedfreak

Drives: 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
OK -- I'll address you first -- and then some comments on the subject at large.

We have 15 "Disciples" -- each one of them an "Enthusiast" -- moreover, they are VERY ENTHUSIASTIC Enthusiasts -- because they are webmasters/moderators/club presidents -- the group represents all 4 generations of Camaro -- plus Firebird -- plus Corvette.

They are not 'posers' -- rather, they are the ones who have spent thousands and thousands of hours over the past decade working so that we (thats you and me) could hit websites and talk -- or so we could go to Enthusiast Events and have a great time -- they're the ones who answer questions to so many..........

In fact -- each of them spent a lot of time on this site and others -- allowing people to make their thoughts known as the car was in development.............that was not always an easy thing to do.

Let me say it again: They are not "posers"......

We discussed this option and every other one (including some coming later...)

.....they all felt after a discussion that we should offer this on the uplevel packages (they initially wanted it free-flow, but due to deproliferation we could not do it..)

So -- be careful flaming Enthusiasts or calling people 'posers' (which, I must say, I found offensive...)

-- each of us is unique in our own way.

Now -- a comment at large:

As to the rear fascia.......let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

There was the first picture of a White Camaro in a garage - the first real pic. of a 5th gen without cammo........

THE WORLD WAS COMING TO AN END!!!!! OMG!!!! IT'S A FAT PIG THAT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE CONCEPT -- NOTHING!!!!!!! "Let's kill the Camaro Team!!!!"

..............and then there was the 'mail slot' on the SS Fascia...........

UGLIEST CAR EVER BUILT!!!!!! ""Let's kill the Camaro Team!!!!"

.......................and THEN there was the 'unique' SS front fascia..........

BLASPHEMY!!!! UGLY!!!! MAKES SMALL CHILDREN RUN CRYING FROM THE ROOM!!!!.............."Let's kill the Camaro Team!!!!"

................and THEN there was the first pics of the interior............

GO TO YOUR "MERRIAM-WEBSTER DICTIONARY" -AND LOOK UP THE WORD 'UGLY' -- AND THERE IT IS! A CAMARO SS!!!
"Let's kill the Camaro Team!!!!"

..........LEST WE FORGET.......... THE BACKUP LIGHTS!!!!

OMG!!!! This is worse than -- well -- we don't know -- but it's worse!!!!............ "Let's kill the Camaro Team!!!!"

..........and the list of "Panics du Jour" and "Panics du Month" could go on and on and on..................

.....and guess what? Nearly every one of these 'panics' are non-issues today.

So calm down.

The world is not coming to an end.
Not sure I get your point. So you ran a focus group on the internet. To clarify I meant to say performance enthusiast.

Regarding your general comments. Sounds like you are over dramatizing just a tad. While some of those things listed are valid concerns, I am not sure anybody was calling for the firing squad. Well maybe some mustang guys since the Camaro recently outsold them for the first time since 93 and can hand them their ass on a platter
Old 08-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #248
surfaholic

Drives: 1989 jeep wrangler
guess i have no choice

Old 08-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #249
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
Not sure I get your point. So you ran a focus group on the internet. To clarify I meant to say performance enthusiast.

no
Old 08-30-2009, 12:51 AM   #250
RedGrizz

Drives: 31 Olds/56 Chevy/58Ford/60Ford
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/ho...detail&id=2241

Aftermarket option...
Old 08-30-2009, 01:15 AM   #251
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGrizz View Post
That thing sure is ugly...
Old 08-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #252
DrumDawg

Drives: BumbleBee, 67 Firebird,79 Porsche
I would rather have the sensors on the licence plate holder, then drilled into my bumper.
3400 = Broadcast:09/14/2009
3800 = Produced:09/17/2009 2G1FK1EJ5A9147250
4000 = Available to ship 28Sept
4200 = Shipped-Rail-Detroit at 3AM on 5Oct, Departed for Miami, Ohio @ 3AM, arrived in Cincinnati, Ohio, 7 Oct 0749 arrived in Louisville Kentucky,at Kane Ave Tenn.@ 8:30PM,left for Wauhatchie, Tennesee 10Oct,Waycross GA10Oct,Jacksonville FL 11 Oct.
5000 = Delivered to the dealer 14Oct09
6000 = Delivered to the customer 17Oct09

Closed Thread