Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 11-02-2009, 06:04 AM   #57
tbarber87

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS CGM Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop29 View Post
Okay... I will give them a call tomorrow and find out 1st about parking, if it sounds good I'll then pull out the rubber hose and get down to price cutting. I think with a good whip and hose I can get less than $90.00.
At my count + or - one or 2, I have about 7 rooms & we still have till April to add more people when they find out about it.
Abygale & whoever is lucky to stay with her, 1969Fbody,Fonegod1,Ject,Futrocpd,MeagsMom,Mamaro and myself ( Supercop29)
I'm sure our list will grow... any questions let me know.

Allen
hey now, you forgot about me!
tbarber87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:39 AM   #58
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Drives: 2SS/RS
Sooooo Sorry... Oldtimers really bad... Got ya !
Supercop29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:29 AM   #59
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Hope you all can make it this weekend for OKC meeting http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50308
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #60
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
I'd convoy with you guys but I'm heading via Nashville instead of Birmingham (a bit out of the way, but I have friends I'd like to visit) and my fuel range is only 300-350 to a tank.

I mean, it could work (I'd just split from the group in Memphis and have to make twice as many gas stops, but I don't mind playing catch up every 4 hours or so) but I don't want to slow you guys down.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #61
Supercop29
Old Cop!

Okay boys & girls.... I have a block of 10 ROOMS for us and, if we need more I can get them.
The room is $69.00 a night with tax and other charges.. Total is $78.66

They have parking for the guys with trailers, lot is lighted, and they have a police officer that she says patrols. I told her we would have a race police car to help get him there and his buddies a few more times during the night.
Cancelation is 30 days before to get money back.... this is because of the price I BEAT them down too.
XANTHOS you are more than welcome to run with the BEST !...

Okay... Wingate is the name of the hotel, you must tell them you are with the CAMARO5 group for this rate. 205-995-8586 ... credit card to hold room.
If anyone has a questiom PM me & I will give you my cell number or email you. !!!

Allen
Old 11-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #62
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
dang good job sir

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #63
tbarber87

Booked it!!! Thanks for the hard work supercop!!!!

Last edited by tbarber87; 11-02-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:32 PM   #64
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercop29 View Post
Okay boys & girls.... I have a block of 10 ROOMS for us and, if we need more I can get them.
The room is $69.00 a night with tax and other charges.. Total is $78.66

They have parking for the guys with trailers, lot is lighted, and they have a police officer that she says patrols. I told her we would have a race police car to help get him there and his buddies a few more times during the night.
Cancelation is 30 days before to get money back.... this is because of the price I BEAT them down too.
XANTHOS you are more than welcome to run with the BEST !...

Okay... Wingate is the name of the hotel, you must tell them you are with the CAMARO5 group for this rate. 205-995-8586 ... credit card to hold room.
If anyone has a questiom PM me & I will give you my cell number or email you. !!!

Allen

Great job. Thank you. I'll call them tomorrow and book my room. Also, what do you guys think of doing the same thing on the way back? Since we probably won't hit the road until noon or 1:00 this might be a good resting place and make the rest of the drive on Monday??? What are your thoughts or were most people just getting up and heading back early on Sunday??
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:47 PM   #65
Supercop29
Old Cop!

I'm not sure let me ask the boss... yes I said.. the little women is my BOSS... will let you all know. ( disclaimer... subject to change at HER WILL )
Old 11-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #66
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Great job. Thank you. I'll call them tomorrow and book my room. Also, what do you guys think of doing the same thing on the way back? Since we probably won't hit the road until noon or 1:00 this might be a good resting place and make the rest of the drive on Monday??? What are your thoughts or were most people just getting up and heading back early on Sunday??
I wasn't planning on leaving till after the awards, but I was going to just head straight back and crash when I got home.

Maybe I'm just crazy like that though.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:27 AM   #67
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Also, what do you guys think of doing the same thing on the way back? Since we probably won't hit the road until noon or 1:00 this might be a good resting place and make the rest of the drive on Monday??? What are your thoughts or were most people just getting up and heading back early on Sunday??
More then Likely yes for me... I tend to stick to what I know or places I have been when away from home.

I'll probably be leaving around 6am on monday just so i have time once home to unload everything and get sleep for work on that tuesday
Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #68
tbarber87

Quote:
I was thinking about the same thing, but I figured most people would want to head back at their own pace, but my friend and I (2 girls) are going to be heading back Sunday about the time you said, and plan on being back sometime on Monday, we wouldn't mind driving back with you!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #69
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarber87 View Post
I was thinking about the same thing, but I figured most people would want to head back at their own pace, but my friend and I (2 girls) are going to be heading back Sunday about the time you said, and plan on being back sometime on Monday, we wouldn't mind driving back with you!

Great! I'd love to stay for the wrap-up of all the events and awards, then head out after we eat. I imagine it will take quite a while for all those cars to leave. If you guys want to we can look into trying to make it to Memphis on Sunday which is further than Birmingham and a shorter drive for us on Monday, but I figure we all may be a little tired from the weekend and getting to bed early on Sunday may be in order too! I'm flexible so it's whatever the majority feels like doing.
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:04 AM   #70
tbarber87

Quote:
Great! I'd love to stay for the wrap-up of all the events and awards, then head out after we eat. I imagine it will take quite a while for all those cars to leave. If you guys want to we can look into trying to make it to Memphis on Sunday which is further than Birmingham and a shorter drive for us on Monday, but I figure we all may be a little tired from the weekend and getting to bed early on Sunday may be in order too! I'm flexible so it's whatever the majority feels like doing.
Sounds good to me, I think we are pretty flexable as well, just wanna be home in time Monday to get in bed and be at work Tuesday We can workout the details in time, my friend that is coming with me has been out of town the past week and a half, so I need to get her caught up on our plans once she gets home and I'll talk to her about her thoughts for the ride home.

Also, I'm going to head over to Marc Heitz in Norman one day this week and try to talk to them about letting us use them as a meeting place that Thursday before we leave. I'll let everyone know how that goes once it happens. I called last week and am still waiting on a callback. . .thus the in-person visit