Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #3207
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
well they head gaskets are already in so this sounds like a sound move to me!

Been watching this thread for a long time, figured i drop in and say hi! cant wait to see it finished...
Well, got the word late last night (midnight on east coast) that they are going to light up the SST on Monday and hit the road !! Woo Hoo !! They even sent pics of everything ready to roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
I just want to see this thing completed lol
See above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Hey, at least it's an All-American rivalry now. We'll make sure you Camaro stays on top...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Hey, this time maybe you can try and not break anything before the Pony Wars in Georgia!!!! We all want to see this thing in action!
You 'n me both J. Plus it'll be great to see the rocketships you guys have in person. Should be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Your care package is coming together.

Tanx B !

Quote:
Originally Posted by andredmg View Post
You know I haul cars for a livinjust sayin lol he he
Shot you a PM just in case...
Old 07-30-2011, 09:21 AM   #3208
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
So, what's the verdict, any dyno numbers to share? I'm sure this vehicle must have set a new prcedent in the industry for the Camaro. Don't hold back share with us the power of the SpeedSter SST LSX.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #3209
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
So, what's the verdict, any dyno numbers to share? I'm sure this vehicle must have set a new prcedent in the industry for the Camaro. Don't hold back share with us the power of the SpeedSter SST LSX.
We did some dyno pulls one night - all back to back with no cool downs. The guys were super tired but at that time we ran it to 28 psi, but cut the last pull off at 6000 since we were afraid of popping the 4 bolt head gaskets at 6700. It put out 1450HP and 1350 TQ at that level with 388 cubic inches. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2224

Since then LPE has gotten a set of 6 bolt heads that will both fit this setup and can be CNC'd to flow a little more. I am waiting for winter to change those out since it is time to drive the SST. Then next year we can run it up to 38+ psi for a few hundred extra ponies.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:02 AM   #3210
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
We did some dyno pulls one night - all back to back with no cool downs. The guys were super tired but at that time we ran it to 28 psi, but cut the last pull off at 6000 since we were afraid of popping the 4 bolt head gaskets at 6700. It put out 1450HP and 1350 TQ at that level with 388 cubic inches. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=2224

Since then LPE has gotten a set of 6 bolt heads that will both fit this setup and can be CNC'd to flow a little more. I am waiting for winter to change those out since it is time to drive the SST. Then next year we can run it up to 38+ psi for a few hundred extra ponies.
I gott ask.

Is this typical? To take this long for a shop to get a car done? Were you expecting, or at least understanding of the type of time it's taken?
Old 07-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #3211
speedster
SST...

Quote:
I gott ask.

Is this typical? To take this long for a shop to get a car done? Were you expecting, or at least understanding of the type of time it's taken?

No, it has taken quite a bit longer. We did add quite a bit of extra fabrication, but there was a lot of down time in between things. Whenever the car has to go to a specialty shop (e.g. chassis/wheel tub/rollcage fab) it always pushes out the schedule. It hasn't affected me as much just because we have been so busy with work related stuff but it is past due so it will be nice to get it back to FLA. Don't get me wrong - the guys have done great work, it's just when there are many projects going on simultaenously the calendar time multiplies.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #3212
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
No, it has taken quite a bit longer. We did add quite a bit of extra fabrication, but there was a lot of down time in between things. Whenever the car has to go to a specialty shop (e.g. chassis/wheel tub/rollcage fab) it always pushes out the schedule. It hasn't affected me as much just because we have been so busy with work related stuff but it is past due so it will be nice to get it back to FLA. Don't get me wrong - the guys have done great work, it's just when there are many projects going on simultaenously the calendar time multiplies.
Your a patient man I must say Bud. Time for you to start enjoying the fruits of your labour.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #3213
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Ah.

Well, you're an oak.

This isn't even my car and want to call Nelson and ask WTF DUDE. Hope it's at Pony Wars. I am still hoping to be there as well.

Quote:
Your a patient man I must say Bud. Time for you to start enjoying the fruits of your labour.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #3214
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
I liked to be at pony wars also but I don't think it's going to happen this year my cage won't be in in time the way it looks but that would be awesome if where all there!!!!

Quote:
Ah.

Well, you're an oak.

This isn't even my car and want to call Nelson and ask WTF DUDE. Hope it's at Pony Wars. I am still hoping to be there as well.

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:05 AM   #3215
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #3216
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:

I knew it. I don't think anyone else has even come close to that much power. She's gonna' be a handfull to control that's for sure. Amazing, stuff man. Cheers.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #3217
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Did he say 38+ psi for a few hundred more ponies he he he, MADNESS I LUV IT!!! As Darth Emma would say "BRING IT" and with video please.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #3218
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
You know I haul cars for a livinjust sayin lol he he
put a set of wings on it and turn up the boost..2 hrs and its home.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #3219
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
i think we had a contest on rwhp but that was like 75 pages back during the sandwiche day..lol
Old 07-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #3220
speedster
SST...

Quote:

Famous last words - "soon"

Quote:
Ah.

Well, you're an oak.

That'll be great if you and Miss Bonnie come to Pony Wars. Sherry would like to go out again. That was fun at C5FII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
I liked to be at pony wars also but I don't think it's going to happen this year my cage won't be in in time the way it looks but that would be awesome if where all there!!!!
Aw, you gotta (OK Gotthat02fire) go. Drive it like a madman for the first 1/8 mile and then ease up on the top end. You will have fun no matter what !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I think someone keeps filling that popcorn bowl 'cause it would be empty and the container gnawed apart by now...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I knew it. I don't think anyone else has even come close to that much power. She's gonna' be a handfull to control that's for sure. Amazing, stuff man. Cheers.
I think you'd be surprised. There are some very powerful cars on this site. They just need to get to a track like the SST. There are some real runners here.

Quote:
Did he say 38+ psi for a few hundred more ponies he he he, MADNESS I LUV IT!!! As Darth Emma would say "BRING IT" and with video please.
Yeah, if you look at the turbo map and the runs done on larger displacement engines with these, they have quite a bit of breathing headroom left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
i think we had a contest on rwhp but that was like 75 pages back during the sandwiche day..lol
Did he bring up Sammich again ? Oh no, here we go again...

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo