Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 07-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
DVader
DVader

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
DO NOT USE CARiD.com

I've never posted about bad service before. Because of the level of poor product description, and even worse poor customer service, I feel it is important to let my fellow Camaro friends have the "Buyer Beware" light flash before making any purchase from CARiD.com.

I ordered a set of neoprene seat covers (red and black with the bowtie emblem on the headrest) for my 2011 'vert. I placed the order on 27 June. On 11 July, after still not recieving a tracking number, I contaced CARid.com. The customer service agent, Vincent Colin, responded immediately, and told me there was a glitch. Two days later I recieved the seat covers. So far, so good; however, this is when it got bad. I opened the box to discover that the covers were not red/black, rather they were burgandy/wine and black. I thought it was just the lighting, so I took them outside. Nope, they were not red. I thought to myself, eh, let's see how they look. I followed directions exactly, and tucked and pulled, and pulled and tucked. No matter how much I did this, the covers fit like a universal fit from K-Mart. Absolutely terrible. On top of that, there were dark spots on the wine colored sections of the seat! I immediately contacted, through email, Vincent. I told him I wanted to return the covers because they were the wrong color, they didn't fit properly, and there were spots on the covers. He wanted me to put them back on (after I allready spend way to much time putting them on and taking them off) and take pictures. I told him no. I want to return the seat covers for a full credit. He didn't respond. I send another email to him letting him know that I attend a lot of local area car shows and that I will make sure that people see the quality of product his company produces. No comment back from him. I called the number listed on the website, "24 Hours a day, 7 days a week customer representatives are standing by". The number is disconnected. The second number listed, a corporate number, starts off by telling you a joke, then promts you to wait for a rep...then you get disconnected.

Luckily, I made this purchase with a credit card and Chase Bank has credited my account for the whole amount.

I just want to make sure that my fellow Camaro enthusiasts don't have to go through the mess I just went through. There are way too many other places to get our dress up kits, and performance mods. Don't waste you time or money at CARiD.com.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Ouch! Sorry to hear :(
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
sene

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LS
It blows my mind how companies conduct themselves. If I tried acting like they do I wouldn't have a paycheck for very long in the industry I'm in.
sene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Mister-Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS L99
That really sucks, thank God I haven't had horrible service like that yet
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Wow, I always heard good things about them on here!
Kiss My SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
lopezmatthew01

Drives: 12' Camaro 1SS/RS
Sucks to hear. I suggest giving wet okole a try. Bought some for my previous car and the fit was incredible. Have been thinking about gettin some for the Camaro. You could order free color swatches as well.
lopezmatthew01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
Candy_Camaro
Amanda

Drives: 2014 ZL1
So sorry to hear that you had bad service. We have bought a lot of items through them and have had nothing but great service. But, until recently, we have not run into any issues with our products. We are currently attempting to fix an issue with some Halos purchased.
Candy_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Wow that sucks. Glad you worked it out with Chase at least.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Well, I was about to place an order at this place, wont be doing that now.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #10
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
I sent a pm to them once before on another forum asking for a price. They never responded, so I never ordered from them.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2011 RS (past)
Wow I'm surprised. I ordered my caliper covers from them and they were great, even gave me 15 percent off my order. Sorry to hear though

Past: 2011 RS, 2013 ZL1
Current: 2016 2SS
SoCalCamaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVader View Post
Luckily, I made this purchase with a credit card and Chase Bank has credited my account for the whole amount.
LOL hope you kept the seat covers. That way he can be on the other end of the deal when he finds out what happened. Let him send you emails, call you ect. and never respond.
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
nytrorcr

Drives: I.P.C. 2SS vert, 21 wheels
Now I am glad they didn't answer my e-mail on a couple items....
nytrorcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:05 PM   #14
KidKilowatt

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
I will say I had to go through the whole take pictures routine with them also on two items, ended up eating the cost and not using them again.
2011 LLT RS Black on Black Loaded. [x]Showstopper 45th Anniversary inspired Camaro RS Stripes, [x] MPD1 Spoiler, [x] GM Heritage Grille. [x] Removed RS and Bowtie Emblems. [x] 30% Tinted Headlight Armour DRL's. [X ] Ruff Racing R954 Wheels [X] Solo Cat Back Mach X-LLT Exhaust [X ] Vmax Ported throttle body [x] Halo SC Reverse Hood Kit [x] Showstopper Painted, Modded Engine Cover [x] Cold Air Inductions CAI [x] Tinted Tails and Black Bezels [x] Megan Racing Street Series Coilovers [x] Belltech F&R Sways
Check out my build thread!
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212178
KidKilowatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carid.com, do not use this company