Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 04-22-2015, 02:46 PM   #169
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarlos55 View Post
I just ordered one for my new ZL1 (coming to a dealer near me this week). I had one on my SS and I wouldn't buy any other brand for the new car.
You got lucky and must have ordered one of the last ones out there, because we have 0 on the shelf and will not have more built for about 4 more weeks!! The black units were already out of stock, but we just ran out of Near Chrome ZL1 units too, don't worry though we will have more available as soon as we possibly can!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 08:00 AM   #170
TomF1

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Inventory Update!!

Black ones have once again flew off the shelf after this last production run and we are out of them for about 3 weeks (they are already being worked on!) Seems like no matter how many more of these we keep making each month they sell out before we can get more on the shelf!!

**EDIT, ALL BLACK ZL1 UNITS ORDERED BEFORE 3-31-15 SHOULD SHIP AROUND 4-21-15, ANY ORDER FOR A BLACK ZL1 CAI PLACED ON OR AFTER 3-31-15 WILL BE MID MAY BEFORE IT SHIPS**

Near Chrome is still in stock as of now, but they are dwindling down as some guys with black units on order who don't want to wait are switching to Near Chrome instead.

We appreciate all of the orders everyone, and are getting them made as fast as we can!!
I ordered mine from Apex, April 3, then they told me Black would be a long backorder, so I said the Silver was OK.
I got it April 28 and installed it yesterday, 29th.
Definitely loud SC whine, and a little extra HP!
TomF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:51 PM   #171
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomF1 View Post
I ordered mine from Apex, April 3, then they told me Black would be a long backorder, so I said the Silver was OK.
I got it April 28 and installed it yesterday, 29th.
Definitely loud SC whine, and a little extra HP!
Glad to hear you are happy, thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!

For all others waiting for their order to ship or thinking about placing a new order for a ZL1 CAI, we should have them on the shelf in approximately 2 to 2-1/2 weeks!!!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 10:34 PM   #172
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Question

I'm not a fan of the high noise on the open cai like the one on the rotoblast or similar ones. I would like to hear a video of the CAI with the hood closed to hear how will the noise in the cabin would be. Please share a video of your ZL1 with the CAI
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:45 PM   #173
Adrenaline

Drives: Porsche Cayman S | Camaro ZL1
I just got my intake today, had previously installed intakes on my Solstice, G6 and the wife's CTS in the past with ease. However I don't want to break the plastic piece (especially give the comment about how brittle it is), when it says pull straight up using the quick release it wasn't budging did anyone else have that same problem or am I just being silly and can apply a bit of force?
Attached Images

Had a 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible (Black|Black with Adrenaline Red|MRC|Dual Mode Exhaust) on order for 2 months, took too long to move past 1100 so I got a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Convertible (Black/Black/Black)
Adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:52 AM   #174
CodemanZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline View Post
I just got my intake today, had previously installed intakes on my Solstice, G6 and the wife's CTS in the past with ease. However I don't want to break the plastic piece (especially give the comment about how brittle it is), when it says pull straight up using the quick release it wasn't budging did anyone else have that same problem or am I just being silly and can apply a bit of force?

It took me a little force to get it loose, you should be ok.

Just as a heads up for getting the little "tank" off the rubber intake hose: I had to cut mine out. It is flanged on the inside of the hose and does not come out as easily as the instructions seem to imply. After yanking on it for a while, I decided to cut the rubber around it and not break the thing.
CodemanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #175
Adrenaline

Drives: Porsche Cayman S | Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodemanZL1 View Post
It took me a little force to get it loose, you should be ok.

Just as a heads up for getting the little "tank" off the rubber intake hose: I had to cut mine out. It is flanged on the inside of the hose and does not come out as easily as the instructions seem to imply. After yanking on it for a while, I decided to cut the rubber around it and not break the thing.
Thanks for the heads up - I got it off and was making great progress.

Got to the point where I was putting the box in with the filter - seems like there is a small window of alignment for if it will work perfectly or not. Specifically with getting the filter's rubber around the middle piece to have enough slack to put the clamp down. Spent a good 20 minutes trying to get it to work - went back to stock. Didn't help it was 39' outside - will try again next weekend when it's warmer.
Had a 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible (Black|Black with Adrenaline Red|MRC|Dual Mode Exhaust) on order for 2 months, took too long to move past 1100 so I got a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Convertible (Black/Black/Black)
Adrenaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #176
Marioyoli

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Question Is anybody else experiencing a screeching noise produced during hard accelerations?

I love the look and quality of the CAI. I am just wondering if anybody else is dealing with an annoying screeching noise produced by the Cold Air Inductions CAI setup? It almost sounds like squealing brakes, and the noise is only present for a few seconds during hard acceleration. I reinstalled the factory air box twice just to be certain that the noise is coming form the CAI. Does anyone know what the cause of this could be or how it could be corrected?

Just to avoid any unnecessary replies, this sound is not the whistle that is produced by a CAI. I have another vehicles with CAI setups and I know the difference.
Marioyoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:54 PM   #177
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioyoli View Post
I love the look and quality of the CAI. I am just wondering if anybody else is dealing with an annoying screeching noise produced by the Cold Air Inductions CAI setup? It almost sounds like squealing brakes, and the noise is only present for a few seconds during hard acceleration. I reinstalled the factory air box twice just to be certain that the noise is coming form the CAI. Does anyone know what the cause of this could be or how it could be corrected?

Just to avoid any unnecessary replies, this sound is not the whistle that is produced by a CAI. I have another vehicles with CAI setups and I know the difference.
Never heard of anything like this. The closest thing I had to this was some small pebbles sand get

Under the sc belt and it made quite the squeal.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cai inc zl1, cold air intake zl1, zl1 cai