Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #43
Synergy_9
Synergy_9

Drives: SS Synergy Green Camaro
I havent seen you around Houston. Always nice to see another synergy camaro around. Mines probably one of the loudest synergys on the block. Though I did have to install headers, x pipe and an exhaust, all from SLP
Synergy_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #44
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Hmm, loud is good!

Maybe I'll see you around town...
Old 10-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #45
Synergy_9
Synergy_9

Drives: SS Synergy Green Camaro
your in the woodlands area?
Synergy_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 01:14 PM   #46
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Nope. Pearland area but work near the Galleria.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #47
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Window tint is done.

Formula One Pinnacle Series Ceramic tint @ 1550 miles. http://www.houstontint.com

15% Rear / side windows.
30% Doors.

Will get pictures up once the tint dries completely.

Thought about doing a windshield visor tint (down to the AS1 line) but the only template their computer system had didn't lay in straight line since the windshield curves and they didn't trust their installers to do a cut free-hand on the window.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #48
rolnslo
Rolling along...

When I had my windows tinted, the shop owner pitched an idea at me for something different than the typical stripe packages everyone has now. I was pretty certain I was going to go with hood spears again but now I'm not so sure. His idea was to use the matte finish paint protection film to cover the raised cowl section of the hood. It would set it off from the rest of the glossy paint on the car but would be a translucent type clear finish that would still allow the green to show through.

So, I took the Camaro in this morning to get it measured by a local company that does the cutting templates used by some paint protection film installers. They are going to come up with some variations and then make them available via their software so that installers can use their cutting plotters to cut out the film. Once the templates are ready, I'm going to go ahead and get the matte film installed. I figure worst case, I can just peel it off if I really hate it.

Going for a design similar to this, minus the part on the fascia around the mailslot, but done so that the green still shows through, just not shiny or fading from front to back.

At least it will be different, whether that is good or bad remains to be seen...

Old 11-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #49
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
When I had my windows tinted, the shop owner pitched an idea at me for something different than the typical stripe packages everyone has now. I was pretty certain I was going to go with hood spears again but now I'm not so sure. His idea was to use the matte finish paint protection film to cover the raised cowl section of the hood. It would set it off from the rest of the glossy paint on the car but would be a translucent type clear finish that would still allow the green to show through.

So, I took the Camaro in this morning to get it measured by a local company that does the cutting templates used by some paint protection film installers. They are going to come up with some variations and then make them available via their software so that installers can use their cutting plotters to cut out the film. Once the templates are ready, I'm going to go ahead and get the matte film installed. I figure worst case, I can just peel it off if I really hate it.

Going for a design similar to this, minus the part on the fascia around the mailslot, but done so that the green still shows through, just not shiny or fading from front to back.

At least it will be different, whether that is good or bad remains to be seen...

That should look unique.
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #50
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
That should look unique.
Yep. We'll see how it turns out.

I almost got "B DFRNT" for my plates but I don't want to stray too far from normal.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:29 PM   #51
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Almost done with powerless cosmetic mods for now.

First up...XPEL Stealth Paint Protection Film - Used this matte finish film to cover the raised cowl section of the hood and also did a stripe down the reverse mohawk section of the roof. Turned out a bit more subtle than I thought it would but I really do like it. Depending on the lighting conditions, you can see the matte finish really well or not at all. It has quite an interesting effect and, for now, I haven't seen another Camaro exactly like this. Getting harder to be unique looking now...

Second...SLP Gloss Black Fade Gill decals - looks more realistic than the solid gill decals out there and goes well with the green.
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #52
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Looks good. Very unique as you say and yes harder to do these days! I have to put on my matte fades along with the blackout panel yet. Keep up the good work!
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #53
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Almost done with powerless cosmetic mods for now.

First up...XPEL Stealth Paint Protection Film - Used this matte finish film to cover the raised cowl section of the hood and also did a stripe down the reverse mohawk section of the roof. Turned out a bit more subtle than I thought it would but I really do like it. Depending on the lighting conditions, you can see the matte finish really well or not at all. It has quite an interesting effect and, for now, I haven't seen another Camaro exactly like this. Getting harder to be unique looking now...

Second...SLP Gloss Black Fade Gill decals - looks more realistic than the solid gill decals out there and goes well with the green.
Cool...gotta see this in person.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #54
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Bro be rolnfst now....

I'm Green with envy...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #55
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Bro be rolnfst now....

I'm Green with envy...
Old 11-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #56
rolnslo
Rolling along...