Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #15
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPony View Post
Maybe Chevy will release a '14 Z/28 vs '74 Mustang II comparison so we can talk about that for 6 pages.

...and they found a pristine V6 Mach 1, too! What a ripper!!
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #16
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29er View Post
gm is pouring the water on fire here--meaning that --for me and shure lots of guys right here- would of like to see, that Z/28 out in production on the streets and tracks. since they showed it last year or so.

it's been too long now, they are taking too much time to get their product out. they are missing the boat. gm is and will be always slow to get their cars out. they'll say that "we want it to be ready and perfect and so forth "ZZZzzzzz

i would of like to see the Z avail this past spring-2013-. not next year! like the zl1 it took a year before they were out for public..they were caught pants down with all the orders and they couldn't perform the orders and lots got their orders build for the next year-they waited couple or more months..

just look at the vette now.. only one model is avail. why can they be ready will all the vette fleet just pitch those all zr1's z06 or z07 in our faces just to confuse and bring some fire into the customers brain and get some sales. the guy who's ready for a c7 z06 ,or z07? he wants it real bad but like they say you got to hold those horses because gm ain't ready to put out their product so the customer loose some interest and wait or others get other products..why we should wait to see the whole fleet of vettes..don't tell me they're not ready..

all in all gm is slow. they gonna show it>Z/28< at the detroit auto show with a snowstorm outside yeah right.. that'll get you pumpin.you can't even after the show get into one and roll onto the streets.. you have to order and wait again to get it, 3 months later if no issues arises...

still they are still stuck with the stupid price. why the wait? they're still arguing or discussing the price of it?? come on, pretty shure it's all in cement now .they know and customers will pay or walk away. again why the stupid waiting game. they'll wait to tell at the auto show again..
It's pure marketing. And it builds up sales, not down. We may not like it, however the anticipation creates more awareness and excitement.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #17
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
My take on it is GM told the Camaro team to cool it's heels and let the C7 have it's share of the limelight for 2013. They had the lions share in 2012 for the ZL1 and will have to fight real hard against the new Mustang when it's introduced next year.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #18
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29er View Post
gm is pouring the water on fire here--meaning that --for me and shure lots of guys right here- would of like to see, that Z/28 out in production on the streets and tracks. since they showed it last year or so.

it's been too long now, they are taking too much time to get their product out. they are missing the boat. gm is and will be always slow to get their cars out. they'll say that "we want it to be ready and perfect and so forth "ZZZzzzzz

i would of like to see the Z avail this past spring-2013-. not next year! like the zl1 it took a year before they were out for public..they were caught pants down with all the orders and they couldn't perform the orders and lots got their orders build for the next year-they waited couple or more months..

just look at the vette now.. only one model is avail. why can they be ready will all the vette fleet just pitch those all zr1's z06 or z07 in our faces just to confuse and bring some fire into the customers brain and get some sales. the guy who's ready for a c7 z06 ,or z07? he wants it real bad but like they say you got to hold those horses because gm ain't ready to put out their product so the customer loose some interest and wait or others get other products..why we should wait to see the whole fleet of vettes..don't tell me they're not ready..

all in all gm is slow. they gonna show it>Z/28< at the detroit auto show with a snowstorm outside yeah right.. that'll get you pumpin.you can't even after the show get into one and roll onto the streets.. you have to order and wait again to get it, 3 months later if no issues arises...

still they are still stuck with the stupid price. why the wait? they're still arguing or discussing the price of it?? come on, pretty shure it's all in cement now .they know and customers will pay or walk away. again why the stupid waiting game. they'll wait to tell at the auto show again..
They showed the concept last spring, not last year, and have been saying since near the beginning that it will begin production sometime in the 1st quarter of next year, just like they began production of the coupe in 1st quarter 2009, the convertible in Q1 2011, and ZL1 in Q1 2012. Likewise, pricing has pretty much always been done some time in the fall just prior to production.

I wouldn't call them slow to get products out. They might show them prematurely, but the development process is definitely not slow. It takes something like 2 years, from start to finish, to get a major model variant from idea to showroom. GM has it in their heads that the time to let the world know about the new car is about halfway through development, as opposed to 3/4 or 90%. So the Z/28 that was shown last spring may have looked finished, but there was all kinds of testing, tweaking, and tuning to be done on it when we saw it. Suppliers need to get tooling done up for any special parts that are required. But those suppliers can't do a whole lot until the design is finalized. Would I like them to shorten the time from unveil to showroom from a year down to at least a few months, if not a few weeks or even days? Absolutely. But that said, I'm not going to get mad at GM for something as trivial as their 'release schedule'

As for the rest of the C7 line, product rollout is done slowly because initial demand usually far outstrips build capacity when a new generation of a car is released. I think I've heard that there is a 1 year waiting list on Z51 equipped Stingrays. As demand for base models is filled, and as the newness of the car fades they'll introduce the higher performance cars to help keep things on an even pace. On top of that, the variants usually aren't sitting there ready to go, just being hidden away until the right moment to put them on sale. Like I said before, they usually take quite a bit of time to get put into production. Provisions can be made for them (such as leaving an extra inch or two in the CTS engine bay to accommodate a V8 for the CTS-V) but most of the detail work doesn't start until the base car is pretty much done.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote