Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #225
camarocruzer

Drives: White 2014 2SS/RS Coupe
Is there any way to "reverse" it and get it back to the original? I mean, us, ourselves at home type of thing??
camarocruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #226
Camarodave66

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace View Post
I was just about to buy a Z/28 and walked away because of this new damn key.
The S.O.B.'s waited till I signed, to tell me I couldn't take delivery that night because of the recall and would have to take a loaner car home. errr I was freaking bummed then the next day I got handed that abortion. I am still fricking pissed off!!!!
Camarodave66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #227
camarocruzer

If anyone hasn't yet figure out how to get your original key back, or convert the one (two) you have into the one switchblade the way god intended, let me know.

I successfully have put the switchblade back together.

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
Old 07-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #228
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Everyone...

You can buy a replacement key fob from ebay or other reputable online store that come with blank keys installed. You can then take it to a locksmith and have them cut it for you and you can program it yourself.
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
djpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #229
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarocruzer View Post
If anyone hasn't yet figure out how to get your original key back, or convert the one (two) you have into the one switchblade the way god intended, let me know.

I successfully have put the switchblade back together.
See post #12 here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369302

He cut and ground the back end of the recall key to fit into the original fob.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #230
Camarodave66

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpelosi View Post
Everyone...

You can buy a replacement key fob from ebay or other reputable online store that come with blank keys installed. You can then take it to a locksmith and have them cut it for you and you can program it yourself.
Can any locksmith cut these keys. Don't they have to have the laser cut machine?
Old 07-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #231
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodave66 View Post
The S.O.B.'s waited till I signed, to tell me I couldn't take delivery that night because of the recall and would have to take a loaner car home. errr I was freaking bummed then the next day I got handed that abortion. I am still fricking pissed off!!!!
And I would be too. It is utterly dishonest to sell a car and then withhold it. You should have been told up front of the recall.

Is GM listening????????
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #232
camarocruzer

It is crazy easy to fix, guys. I did it in 5 minutes.

CAI by Cold Air Inductions, Inc with Strong MAF Sensor / Borla ATAK Cat-Back Exhaust / SOLO Performance High Flow Catalytic Converters / SOLO J-Pipes / Vitesse Throttle Controller / Apex Catch Can / Vmax Ported Throttle Body / Range v8 AFM Disable Module by Range Technology / SLP Fade to Black Side Gill Decals / APEX Washer Replacement System and CAI Scoop / BMR Front and Rear Sway Bars / BMR Rear Trailing Arms / BMR Front End Links
Old 07-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #233
Camarodave66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
And I would be too. It is utterly dishonest to sell a car and then withhold it. You should have been told up front of the recall.

Is GM listening????????

Thanks I think soooooo! GM are you there?
Old 07-21-2014, 08:04 PM   #234
camarocruzer

It is crazy easy to fix, guys. I did it in 5 minutes.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #235
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
i tried reading through the thread but its really full of people making the same complaints over and over and over, which is no big deal as this is a forum, just alot of repetitive reading and I may of missed it posted before if so sorry but here goes...

Why didn't they just make switchblades with the offending button recessed so it couldn't be depressed if a knee hit it?
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #236
camarocruzer

GM Ignition Key Recall (See the new key here)

No I think the issue was that the "stem" (the part that had the door unlock, etc on it) that the key was attached into protruded so far away from the steering column that if someone's knee went and hit it, that it COULD shut the car off while driving.

Like someone said, this was a voluntary recall, not a federally mandated one, so they were being cautious, overly cautious after all those deaths where they didn't do anything.

Last edited by camarocruzer; 07-21-2014 at 08:23 PM. Reason: ...
Old 07-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #237
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Is there a way to put the key back into the switch blade, I just bought a 2014 Camaro with the separate key. I love the car but hate the new key style is there a way to fix this?
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 PM   #238
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingcamaro View Post
Is there a way to put the key back into the switch blade, I just bought a 2014 Camaro with the separate key. I love the car but hate the new key style is there a way to fix this?
See eight posts up.

Or buy a key blank off eBay or elsewhere online and have a locksmith cut the key. Then install it into your FOB.