Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 08-14-2010, 03:40 AM   #771
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
hey guys i need some advice. Im going to lower my car with H&R springs and i was quoted $270 for the install, is that reasonable?
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:55 AM   #772
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreature View Post
hey guys i need some advice. Im going to lower my car with H&R springs and i was quoted $270 for the install, is that reasonable?
Based on typical rates, that's about 2 hours of labor. If they are going to uninstall/install and torque everything to spec, that seems reasonable. If includes alignment, that sounds like a too good of a price.

Took my car to Island Brake & Alignment. It took them awhile and they did a really good job getting to stock specs, but I also had eccentric bolts for the rear camber adjustments. My drop is little over an inch.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #773
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Well I finally made it home, feels great. I did do a small cosmetic change to my car. I removed the Chrome "camaro" and replaced it with black. Also got orange trim for my 4 pack gages. I like the look. Now I just need to get my bowties done.
Craig
Any pics yet?
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #774
Kreature

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
Based on typical rates, that's about 2 hours of labor. If they are going to uninstall/install and torque everything to spec, that seems reasonable. If includes alignment, that sounds like a too good of a price.

Took my car to Island Brake & Alignment. It took them awhile and they did a really good job getting to stock specs, but I also had eccentric bolts for the rear camber adjustments. My drop is little over an inch.
Thanks sting. As for the quote, that was from BSM performance. im going to give island brake and alignment a call as well.

In cosmetic changes, i painted my taillight trim pieces and i gotta say, probably one of the best mods ive done. Definitely makes the rear look cleaner and more aggressive with my black taillights.
Next, im going to blackout my trunk panel and put a "camaro" logo on it. Still debating whether the logo should stay stock chrome or painted gloss white.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #775
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
Probably correct. I posted the email I got from 808camaros.

I still have 3-4 weeks before my rims are in. I'll probably contact them later next week for a status update. Have you got ur rims yet? Are they the same size you have on now?

Taz
Just got back from mounting rims. I went with 20x9.5 in front and 20x11 in back. Tires are Nitto Invo's 275/40/20 and 315/35/20. My "stock" rims were the 21" option, 21x8.5's all around with 245/40/21 Pirelli's. By the way, for sale if anyone wants the 21's. What size are you going with Taz?

Last edited by Z Madness; 08-14-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #776
Z Madness

Quote:
Thanks sting. As for the quote, that was from BSM performance. im going to give island brake and alignment a call as well.

In cosmetic changes, i painted my taillight trim pieces and i gotta say, probably one of the best mods ive done. Definitely makes the rear look cleaner and more aggressive with my black taillights.
Next, im going to blackout my trunk panel and put a "camaro" logo on it. Still debating whether the logo should stay stock chrome or painted gloss white.
Agree, prefer dark taillight trims instead of chrome for most colors. Are you just doing the springs?
Old 08-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #777
Kreature

yeh, im just going to do springs. Be sure to take some pics of those wheels
Old 08-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #778
sting808

Anyone interested in the defenderworx front bowtie insert?

It's the black aluminum one. I only used the rear one. Decided to keep the bowtie off the front heritage grill area.

The yellow bowtie insert does stick out on a black car.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #779
sting808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Just got back from mounting rims. I went with 20x9.5 in front and 20x11 in back. Tires are Nitto Invo's 275/40/20 and 315/35/20. My "stock" rims were the 21" option, 20x8.5's all around with 245/40/21 Pirelli's. By the way, for sale if anyone wants the 21's. What size are you going with Taz?

You're gonna like the looks of the tire size compared to stock.

I am keeping at least a pair of the stock to use as spare tire. Need to improve AAA(my wife and our truck) response times if the Nittos get shredded on the road. Low risk, but had some weird crap get stuck in tires before.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #780
sting808

Quote:

I like bodie's work philosophy. Dynod car there. Congrats on the drop.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #781
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
Here is the most updated information that I have. If anything changes, I will try to get the information out to you guys/gals.

Windward Mall
August 21st, 2010
BEGINS AT 6:00 PM. till 10:00 PM (Saturday)
46-056 Kamehameha Highway
Kaneohe, Hawai'i 96744

Ron's Cruise Night
September 11th, 2010

* 808Camaros End of Summer Cruise
September 12th, 2010

808Camaros and JN Chevrolet Event
September TBA, 2010

Hawaii Kai Cruise Night
September 25th, 2010

* Same itinerary as last island cruise.... meet @ PC Starbucks, cruise thru Ala Moana, Waikiki, Diamond Head, etc. Updated schedule coming out closer to the event. Oh.... of course lunch will be @ Papa Ole's!!!

Taz
Hey Taz. As far as the Windward Mall meet on the 21st, where will everybody be parked? I will probably be working that night but I would love to meet up with some Camaro guys after wards.

Nash
Old 08-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #782
Hawaiian China Man
Hawaii 5-O

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Black on Black
Send a message via Skype™ to Hawaiian China Man
Born, Raised & Retired

There are quite a few camaro5 members on Oahu, however I have not seen many postings by them. FYI, there is quite a few car clubs on Oahu, one that is specific to owners of Camaros. They meet quite often, do meet and cruise around the island as well as show their cars at the different shows. If you have not purchased your Camaro yet, then I suggest you put your name down on the list at Leeward Servco, as they are selling the 2010 and 2011 at MSRP, no dealer markup whatsoever, zero. Markup at both Cutter and JN varies, have seen a couple cars sell for over ten thousand dollars over MSRP, have heard that a waitress paid over 60k for a new 2SS RS as she did not want to "order" then wait for her car.

I ordered my car through Servco, paid MSRP, no markup whatsoever. It is a 2SS RS, black on black. Had custom paint work done already, exhaust and some other stuff. Let me know if you are interested in being placed on the "notice list" for when the different clubs get together to cruise or just hang out. FYI, every second Saturday of the month, quite a few car clubs get together at Ala Moana Center, usually sponsored by one of the merchants, starts at 8:30 a.m. and runs to about 11 a.m. I was there this past weekend, had about fifty to seventy cars, but only two 2010 Camaro.
Hawaiian China Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #783
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian China Man View Post
There are quite a few camaro5 members on Oahu, however I have not seen many postings by them. FYI, there is quite a few car clubs on Oahu, one that is specific to owners of Camaros. They meet quite often, do meet and cruise around the island as well as show their cars at the different shows. If you have not purchased your Camaro yet, then I suggest you put your name down on the list at Leeward Servco, as they are selling the 2010 and 2011 at MSRP, no dealer markup whatsoever, zero. Markup at both Cutter and JN varies, have seen a couple cars sell for over ten thousand dollars over MSRP, have heard that a waitress paid over 60k for a new 2SS RS as she did not want to "order" then wait for her car.

I ordered my car through Servco, paid MSRP, no markup whatsoever. It is a 2SS RS, black on black. Had custom paint work done already, exhaust and some other stuff. Let me know if you are interested in being placed on the "notice list" for when the different clubs get together to cruise or just hang out. FYI, every second Saturday of the month, quite a few car clubs get together at Ala Moana Center, usually sponsored by one of the merchants, starts at 8:30 a.m. and runs to about 11 a.m. I was there this past weekend, had about fifty to seventy cars, but only two 2010 Camaro.
Would love to see pictures of your custom paint job. Please post.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #784
Z Madness

Quote:
Kreature, did you buy the springs yet? I might be going with coilovers so I may be getting rid of my Pfadt springs. Let me know.