Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #15
novice66

Drives: 2011 RS Camaro
Well when My wife saw the camaro that I chose her first response was " I thought you would pick something more luxury? That looks like a single guys car. " to which I replied heellll yeeaahh! She quickly informed me I would be installing tinted windows. It's still not tinted. Nowadays she just makes fun of me when I wanna go drive around with a bunch of other 5gens. She calls us nerd clubs. Lol
novice66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #16
Moni
H-Town Camaro Club VP

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
You guys can't be that bad...ok maybe so...but come on, really..I'm a wife, how much does she spend on girl stuff. My hubby says if I can pay for it, its cool. But then he's a car guy.
Moni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I can't relate here.

Bonnie WANT's me to spend money on mine if I have it. Becasue I know that for every dollar I spend, she gets to spend also.

So I'm left not spending any money.

So I'd have to spend it without her knowing, which won't happen. lol

I have to disclose, unless I want my ass kicked.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #18
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
I guess I'm another one of the lucky ones. My wifes only complaint is that she wants a vert. There is know way to have two 5th gens, but I have been talking to her about getting an 02 SS vert . Trying to find one cammed, etc.

LMAO Randy
Old 02-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #19
Iggy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM/white stripes
I am fortunate to not have that issue. My wife was the one that bought me the car. Although she does think that I spend too much time on here. I told her that I needed some sort of hobby and she doesn't say much in response to that.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #20
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorw24 View Post
So, my girlfriend is getting out of control with her comments about my Camaro addiction. Recently she said, "You spend more on the car than me!" What's your horror story??
Sorry to hear that man. I don't have a horror story. In fact 180 from it.

We were cruising downtown for lunch, it was really quiet (Camry hybrid runs like a ghost on electric) when all of a sudden she YELLS , "Camaro, Camaro, Camaro!".

I manage to get my wits about me in time to make the turn into the dealer and we go to check it out. She is out of the car before I even get completely stopped and in the shiny new red 2LT before I can even got out of our car.

I walk up all calm and collected and ask nonchalantly, "So, what do you think?".

Her reply?

"WE GOTTA GET ONE OF THESE!!"

Been like that ever since, even with my mod-itis....

But then again she has been with me for over 30 years and is used to my "issues"....
Old 02-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #21
Trevorw24
Black Ma6ic

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS M6
Oh yeah and now that I want a custom license plate I've been asked not to.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #22
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorw24 View Post
Well I guess you're right, it just hurt because I try so hard with her. But, she talked so much crap about my last car being junky and old. Now that I have a sweet ride she is mad because I care for it too much. I can never win.
life lesson right there. But seriously, she complained about your last car and now your new one. She sounds high maintenance. Sorry! Good luck! She's got some very particular standards and expectations from you. I hope you can fit into her box.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #23
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
I don't worry about it, my husband doesn't care, he said get it if you can afford it, he helped me with the down payment but I make the monthly payments and buy what I want for it. He spends his money on other things like guns that is his hobby of choice right now. Neither one of us keeps track of how much the other spends on frivolous things, like as I said as long as the bills get paid....My husband is great about it and supports me in my decisions.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #24
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by novice66 View Post
.....she just makes fun of me when I wanna go drive around with a bunch of other 5gens. She calls us nerd clubs. Lol
Well, it kind of is. Like your 16 again and trying to be as cool as you can. The reasons have changed a bit, but it's the same thing.

But I don't care. It's like I've said before:

A car is a boys first step toward manhood and a mans last hold on boyhood"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moni View Post
...but come on, really..I'm a wife, how much does she spend on girl stuff. My
Uh........ mine can spend as much as me easily. Hers is on her training and competitions. Outfits, travel, trainer, etc.......... It ads up for sure.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:42 AM   #25
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblu View Post
I don't worry about it, my husband doesn't care, he said get it if you can afford it, he helped me with the down payment but I make the monthly payments and buy what I want for it. He spends his money on other things like guns that is his hobby of choice right now. Neither one of us keps teack of how much the other spends on frivolous things, like as I said as long as the bills get paid....My husband is great about it and supports me in my decisions.
This!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #26
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Well, it kind of is. Like your 16 again and trying to be as cool as you can. The reasons have changed a bit, but it's the same thing.

But I don't care. It's like I've said before:

A car is a boys first step toward manhood and a mans last hold on boyhood"

Uh........ mine can spend as much as me easily. Hers is on her training and competitions. Outfits, travel, trainer, etc.......... It ads up for sure.
I was gonna ask what she could buy that cost as much as your supercharger And your quote is accurate. I feel like a kid when I hit the gas on this thing.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #27
66olds442
Born Olds, Living Chevy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS: VR A6
Single and staying that way.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #28
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Read my tag line...and my wife will never touch any of my cars unless I need to be driven to the hospital...and even then I may not let her near the keys. Worst. Driver. Ever.