Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #505
Lee0123567
Nope! v6.

Drives: 2001 SOM v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethreat07 View Post
I will say mikes car sounds nasty in person
I too can also vote for the nastiness of his exhaust!

Lee0123567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #506
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Catch can went by the wayside, wound up backfeeding oil into the intake so hard it started burning it. o_o

Mods are over for this car.. final tally:

343RWHP. Untuned.

If my maths are right that makes it close to 400 crank With a tune, could hit 350 before heads and cam. However.. something big is in store for this car, and it's more than engine related.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 AM   #507
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

More updates on what's in store for the T/A.

Not all that regretfully (this time around) I'm actually going to put her on the market or trade her outright when the time comes later this year. Looks like my new job came with some perks that made a 5th gen a distinct possibility ranging from an LS all the way up to another L badged car..

A 1LE.

Going to go test one on monday for shits and giggles but I'm already sold on a stripped out version due to the length of my drive (less than 3 miles), the changes GM has made over the years, and the fact that I now have a much better financial situation. Going to let myself settle into this new job and Kentuckiana but expect the next C5 fest or so to have a new car on the show scene.

One that honestly, I don't think I could ever match with the T/A.

It's time to hit the reset button. Good 4th gen T/As will be out there, and I'll grab another Maple Red 6spd. Sure it won't be the same but what is the same will be the memories I've made the the stupid sacrifices I've done (which in turn also made for memories) to make this car a part of who I am both here on the forums and in life.

Time for us to part ways, and if anyone does want a piece of the action, hit me up and we can discuss details. No rush here so if those LS hunters are out prowling for a car but don't have the scratch, no mind here.

See you all on the roads and later on.. hopefully.. as a member of Team 1LE 2014.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #508
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Bump for..

Then I started it.. And the cops came. Guy was on patrol and gave me a verbal warning. Life is conspiring against this intake I swear. Anywho gotta do some trimming to the sleeve then refit the cones. Fits like butter..

a little late now... but you should have wiped down the area underneath the intake while you had it off.
Quote:
More updates on what's in store for the T/A.

Not all that regretfully (this time around) I'm actually going to put her on the market or trade her outright when the time comes later this year. Looks like my new job came with some perks that made a 5th gen a distinct possibility ranging from an LS all the way up to another L badged car..

A 1LE.

Going to go test one on monday for shits and giggles but I'm already sold on a stripped out version due to the length of my drive (less than 3 miles), the changes GM has made over the years, and the fact that I now have a much better financial situation. Going to let myself settle into this new job and Kentuckiana but expect the next C5 fest or so to have a new car on the show scene.

One that honestly, I don't think I could ever match with the T/A.

It's time to hit the reset button. Good 4th gen T/As will be out there, and I'll grab another Maple Red 6spd. Sure it won't be the same but what is the same will be the memories I've made the the stupid sacrifices I've done (which in turn also made for memories) to make this car a part of who I am both here on the forums and in life.

Time for us to part ways, and if anyone does want a piece of the action, hit me up and we can discuss details. No rush here so if those LS hunters are out prowling for a car but don't have the scratch, no mind here.

See you all on the roads and later on.. hopefully.. as a member of Team 1LE 2014.
damn... I leave for a while and you decide to sell the car.

guess I need to stay here
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #509
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Annnnd it's gone. Well, 99.9% anyway. Still have two more forms to sign to release the title to Kentucky and that'll take a week but that's all she wrote. Got a 2010 now, and 4 times the car payment.

Sooooo worth it though.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #510
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Congrats Zabo!!! The 5th gens are very nice but u will always miss ur trans Am
Old 06-20-2013, 08:06 AM   #511
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
congrats but you should have made a deal with me for the TA....

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #512
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
congrats but you should have made a deal with me for the TA....
Well I would have but you didn't have the 10 grand lying around.. We'll both get them back someday. You probably before me.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #513
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
You got some to pay ten grand for that TA?
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #514
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSilencerXx View Post
You got some to pay ten grand for that TA?
Nope, got shafted in trade. 4800 before payoff of the remaining lien. Camaro is better suited to a daily driver than the T/A ever was; but it will never handle as well as the T/A did stock for stock. Feel is totally different, and why I'm going to get another when the time is right.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #515
xXSilencerXx
Butter Bar!

Drives: 2011 SS, 1998 Trans Am
Quote:
Nope, got shafted in trade. 4800 before payoff of the remaining lien. Camaro is better suited to a daily driver than the T/A ever was; but it will never handle as well as the T/A did stock for stock. Feel is totally different, and why I'm going to get another when the time is right.
Ah, I was about to say if somebody paid 10k they are a dummy.

Yea the Camaro is a much more refined street car than the TA's, but I enjoy the feel the TA has better than the Camaro. Your plan is exactly my setup, Camaro for cruising around and the TA for a project car.
xXSilencerXx is offline   Reply With Quote