Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-29-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
antman

Drives: Victory Red 2013 Camaro SS/RS, L99
Do Solo's pass Texas inspections?

I was wondering if any of you Texas guys with the Solo Axle back have had any problems passing inspection. I was talking to a guy who does state inspections and said that in Texas it's illegal to run without mufflers and that resonators are not considered mufflers. He did also say that unless the exhaust is unusually loud they don't go checking for a muffler but did say if an inspector is having a bad day they could fail you for not having them on. I was thinking about getting the Solo axle back but wouldn't want to take the chance of the car failing inspection.
antman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Even cat-less passes in DFW
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
Madness11
086YN

Drives: Black 2SS/RS Demon of Madness
I just went through the inspection issue with my SLP loudmouth 1's. My car failed due to no mufflers, yet the manufacturer certifies the exhaust is 50 state emission legal. Problem is the mufflers are required by the "safety" part of the inspection. I have long tube headers high flow cats and the axle back exhaust which is basically a muffler delete. My car is not obscenely loud, but its up there. I got my car to pass though, by going to a different shop a few days later.

If the county you live in does not do an emissions test then cat-less may pass if they don't do a visual inspection under the car. If you get pulled over by a state trooper, and they actually look under your car, you can be looking at a decent ticket. I have never seen a DPS officer climb under a passenger vehicle though. Just commercial vehicles.

As far as the OBDII test goes you are allowed 2 systems of your car to be "Not ready" and still pass. I had one "not ready" on my evap system....still trying to figure that one out though, not that I really care. lol
Madness11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #4
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
If they pass in NY I'd think they'd be good any where but maybe Cali.
BooSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
Juice2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Solos will be fine. Most dont even look honestly. lol
Juice2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:06 AM   #6
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
Mine passed no prob