Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #57
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
They screw you on the front end, when you purchase. And then, on the back end when you take it in for service. Dealerships..........

(Not painting them all under the same brush, though).
Old 10-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #58
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
Shocking, these people should be fired. Does not sound like an isolated incidence either. Good for you to document everything. Consider contacting your state Attorney Generals office as many accept consumer issue complaints.

Three years ago I was driving my Riviera from Ottawa to FL and broke a belt on a FL interstate near Jacksonville (Riv. is low mileage and overly maintained yearly since new). It was a Saturday and AAA towed me about 20 miles to a PepBoys were they made repairs while I waited (4-1/2 hours) then I continued on my trip to mid Florida destination later Sat. night. Much squeaking of belts. Next day went to another PepBoys near Tampa (nearest PepBoys). They made adjustments while I waited (another 2 hour wait) Stayed in mid Florida 3 days, didn't drive. On return trip to Ottawa, more problem squeaking issues so stopped again for more adjustments in Richmond VA. All these stops required I spend an extra night at hotel. Then drove 14 hours straight back to Ottawa and took the car to my mechanic who found seriously botched repair(s) plus someone left a crowbar in the engine compartment! I first contacted PepBoys in Florida, then national office, no satisfaction; they blew me off (perhaps because I had Canada tags). Then filed complaints with Attorney General's office in both Florida and Virginia. Within weeks received a call from 1st Jacksonville PepBoys saying so sorry, a check is in the mail (covering all repairs in FL, VA, and my mechanic in Ottawa, plus extra night hotel and food expense while I was on the road). I had about 19 pages of documented timeline including expenses (scanned receipts) that I submitted via internet to state Attorney General office(s) from the time the belt broke in Northern Florida. Think I received a check for a little over $1,900 (exactly what I requested based on receipts) so I was made whole. Sad that it took 3-1/2 months of my time and effort but I was pissed these jerks messed with my low mileage Riviera. In part, that experience is why I bought my Camaro in 2011 so if I wanted to drive and visit relatives in VA, NC, SC, FL, I would have a new car warranty. The Riv. still has no squeaking after my Ottawa mechanic solved the poor repair issue years ago.

Don't let these jerks off the hook. Listening to your audio tape they have abused other customer’s cars, and then perhaps charged the customer or charged GM for dealership employee abuse of other customer’s autos. These people should be fired. Not sure what it will take for you to feel better, but doubt you have a claim to replace the car. Perhaps new transmission, new clutch, etc., plus an extended warranty and lifetime loaner Camaro any time your Camaro is in for service.

Only thing people on Camaro5 can do is blitz the dealership owner with emails (can you get the owners email address?). If GM will not help, then other Camaro owners could flood the dealership owner with our displeasure emails. Never threaten, just let this dealership know we are watching and their continued employment of staff who abuse customer’s autos is not acceptable. A flood of emails to the dealership owner will not only inform this dealership abuse of customer’s autos is not acceptable it will also inform GM they can no longer tell anyone it is only a dealer issue.

Yes, I am a hard core consumer advocate. Back in the late 1970s replaced my Eldo convertible tires with new and shortly thereafter one blew at a stop light. I sent the faulty tire to Washington. A few months later tires where recalled. Had a 1996 Chrysler Sebring, fought for years for a suspension problem. One year after my warranty expired, Chrysler found the fix and issued repair orders and my auto fixed at no expense to me. Sometimes you just have to fight for people to do the right thing.

Keep us informed.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #59
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
This is crazy...hell must be paid lol

I do the same thing and record everything. Fortunately I haven't had a problem. I even write down the mileage and the oil life % on a piece of paper and put it right on the dash so whoever drives the car knows I'm watching.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #60
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
I would demand the owner, service manager, and that dipshit Josh and whoever the other dumbass is that is part of that dealership in a meeting and play the audio... demand results or else... somebody would be fired or the cops would be coming.... cause i would flip desks over in that dealership.

Don't stand for that BS... you have every right to make a point and get what you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

+1

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Old 10-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #61
1SSFever

Drives: 2012 1SS
I'm not sure what your complaint was, they make it seem like there is a shifting problem, they certainly fixed that for ya. I'd venture to say there's a shifting fork problem now and your clutch was abused badly. If your complaint is the clunking well a lot of RWD manual trans cars will do that at low speeds. They do it less if you try to be smoother with the gas or fan the clutch, coast alot.

I'm a tech and I drive like I know what I'm doing. I wouldn't drive that Camaro like that, for one it tells you nothing, they are not diagnosing a thing except how often and easily it spins tires.

I will certainly drive your vehicle any way I see fit for any reason I want . Burnouts are against my personal code of ethics though, there is no reason to waste people's rubber, until the day come I guess where a customer complains his vehicle won't do a burnout. I am subjected to the same laws you are though, and the same penalties if caught. I've had customers on both end of the spectrum, ones that drive like grandma, and ones that I say there's nothing wrong with their clutch and they go out and do a big holeshot and show me there is.

Last edited by 1SSFever; 10-07-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #62
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Light them up on their FB page here!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bes...132974?fref=ts
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #63
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
I hope this dealership gets what they deserve.

I'm getting sick of hearing how GM washes their hands of this sort of thing. I'm guessing they could care less as long as the dealer is selling cars.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #64
TwistedEnergy

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
I would demand the owner, service manager, and that dipshit Josh and whoever the other dumbass is that is part of that dealership in a meeting and play the audio... demand results or else... somebody would be fired or the cops would be coming.... cause i would flip desks over in that dealership.

Don't stand for that BS... you have every right to make a point and get what you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
+1, I'd spit right in their face for saying here is a tank of gas, for your troubles.

I had a problem when I took my car to a dealer they scratched the shit out of my door, I guess the service guy forgot he had abrasive material all over the gloves he was wearing from working on my car. I went right to the manager, we got the service tech involved and the manager tried to fix the problem with some polish. Still not happy with the result but I just wanted to get away from that dealership as fast as possible.

There are dealerships out there who actually care about customer service and I did find one. Had them do some work on my car and could not be happier with the results and service I received directly from the Service manager as that is who I was dealing with.

These people you are dealing with need to be fired without question and never allowed to work at a service shop again, possible police involvement so there is record of them damaging property of another person .
Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #65
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
See if the dealer likes it on Fox 2 news I just posted it up to their FB page.....Everyone go there and like it get some more attention on these A-hol#$
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #66
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Jeez....I wish I had a recorder on the 20 mile test drive done by a dealership. Keep your cool and explore your options. The local news idea given by other members seems like a good route to go.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #67
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Words cannot express how pissed I would be...
Old 10-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #68
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
Light them up on their FB page here!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bes...132974?fref=ts
Would a link to this topic posted on their FB page be in IAW the forums rules?

I will never listen to that audio cause it'd just make me more pissed off and want to choke someone. It's a very tough spot to be in especially when the manager doesn't admit wrong doing. I feel for you!! I wish you the best of luck and do hope it works out in your favor. I just hate to think about what you will have to do to get there! It's a shame.

I had a small issue on an oil change at my dealership(oil underneath my Camaro afterward) but the manager made it as right as he could even though the idiot service rep blew me off. I emailed the service manager after I received a survey in my e-mail. I also made it a point to get to know one of the service guys. I was nosey and went and talked to him when he was doing an alignment on my car once. He was very knowledgeable and talked me through what he was doing and why, very good guy. I ask for him any time my car goes in. I know what he looks like and his name, and he knows me, so there can be no doubt if something is messed up. Just providing this info for all of you for ideas on something you could do.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #69
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
See if the dealer likes it on Fox 2 news I just posted it up to their FB page.....Everyone go there and like it get some more attention on these A-hol#$
link? I can't find it
Old 10-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #70
Kdogg

Drives: Hyundai genesis
I don't even know you and that pisses me off! Had the same thing happen to my brand new hayabusa! I took it in to a custom bike shop to have some custom parts installed and left the bike for a couple day. Get it back home a saw my miles increase by 50! Nothing I could do but tell others and report to BBB! I know one thing, will never buy a Chevy in SC!

Closed Thread