Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-17-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
tytus02
Account Suspended

Drives: truck/2010 camaro blk/blk 2ss ls3
ordering a camaro

I am new to the site and i have a question. has anyone ordered a 2ss this year or late last year and if so how is that workiing out for you? also is there any advantage or disadvantage to special ordering versus buying off the lot? thanks a lot for any information.
tytus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Tytus02, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

Name:  NewFridge.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  95.4 KB

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

There is one advantage of ordering your car.....you get EXACTLY what you want, nothing more, nothing less. the disadvantage is waiting for it to arrive. you will find the the vast majority of us all ordered our cars, and I am glad I did.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #3
gambitsjs

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro RS/SS
Send a message via MSN to gambitsjs
I ordered my 2SS at the beginning of January. Dealer was great to work with. And will be emailing me updates on its progress.
And I agree ordering the car gets you want you want. I looked around at cars listed on lots but nothing there was what I wanted.
gambitsjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
wbdinger

Drives: NSMNJW=2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3
Ditto
I had to Order mine because the Cyber gray cars in this area all had sunroofs, stripes, ground effects and polished wheels not want we wanted.
Prefrence I guess oh and its winter here lmao
Our car should be here end of May
wbdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
The advantage of special ordering is that you can get your Camaro just the way YOU want, you won't have to settle for something missing or something extra. Get the cplor and interior you want.

Welcome to the site, pull up a chair and set a spell.

Oh yeah, figure 8-12 weeks for delivery if you order and if your dealer has an allocation he can put in right away.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
JLBIII

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS
I got the same reply as most when I ordered my RJT 2SS the last week of Dec. It'll be about 10-12 weeks because they had one allocated. Time seems to be standing still right now.
JLBIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
There is one advantage of ordering your car.....you get EXACTLY what you want, nothing more, nothing less. the disadvantage is waiting for it to arrive. you will find the the vast majority of us all ordered our cars, and I am glad I did.
Ordering the car also makes it a little more personal/special. IMO. Can't really explain it. But, it's been one of the best things I have ever done.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #8
tytus02
Account Suspended

ok thanks for all the feedback. thats exactly what has been happening to me on the local lots.... camaros w/more stuff that i do not want to pay for. only thing is, i have been able to get around $1000 to $1500 knocked off msrp on cars on the lot, have any of you who have ordered your camaro been able to get anything off msrp??
Old 01-17-2010, 06:06 PM   #9
SS FOR CRUZN
SS CAR, SS TRUCK !!

Drives: 2010 2SS IMPERIAL BLUE METALIC
I would highly encourage you to order one, we came oh so close, but a dealer had an IBM 2SS with 98% of what wewould have ordered, its more fun ordering one !!, if I buy another it will be special order, maybe when the Z/28 comes out ?????
SS FOR CRUZN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #10
tytus02
Account Suspended

all right sounds like the way to go is special order. I'm looking at a black 2ss... that's it and that's all! i test drove one (iom stick) the other day and i just can't wait to own one of these unbelievable machines!!!! I mean I dont know about any body else but I think Chevy has created a car with the best of both worlds (old school and modern tech). btw, I love this site! reading threads and getting feedback on my questions has helped soooo much. many thanks!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #11
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
I ordered my 2SS IBM Auto RS with Polished wheels the second week of November. It began being built on the 4th of December and was finished on the 7th.

It's really cool to track it through the process of being built and then the process of being delivered to your dealership. It's exciting to track it through each train station and town state by state.

Go for the order and you'll know only a few selected buns were in the driver seat!

Rockies4
Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #12
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
tytus02:
Ordered my 2SS RS on November 9. It was built Jan. 10 and I should be getting it this week. (It's in transit).

I'm glad I ordered mine because I am getting the color and all the options exactly as I want them. I don't mind that it's taken 10 weeks because I won't be driving it in winter anyway.

Welcome to the forums.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #13
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytus02 View Post
ok thanks for all the feedback. thats exactly what has been happening to me on the local lots.... camaros w/more stuff that i do not want to pay for. only thing is, i have been able to get around $1000 to $1500 knocked off msrp on cars on the lot, have any of you who have ordered your camaro been able to get anything off msrp??
Sign up with USAA and get a $750 rebate. Join a Credit Union to get the Preferred Pricing (about $815 off on my car). Call someone like Camaro Scotty and he will probably hook you up with the Preferred Pricing if you can't get it through another means.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:24 PM   #14
RCLapCar

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 HB/JB
Ordering a Camaro is the closest a single guy like myself can come to having a child. The labor pains at the end can suck bad, but the joy and excitement after the delivery is pricelsss.