Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-08-2009, 08:58 PM   #29
pkurtziii

Drives: Camaro 2010 1LT - RS
I agree with the off-shore comment.

Looks there is no choice. I am a rock star in my Camaro.
Interior, I guess I see a question. On-Star is great, being able to beam down the directions to the dash is great. IPod integration is great as well as the bluetooth functionality.
pkurtziii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #30
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bawt View Post
I'm considering buying a Grey (looks exactly like CGM) 2010 Mustang GT. Has premium package, electronics, remote start, comfort package, and is basically fully loaded. MSRP is $38,700.00 I like the new stang but that’s a lot of money for a lesser car. Tax that baby and you are over 40 G's.

I really love the exterior look of the Camaro, absolutely beautiful. I also love how it comes with 20's, Tapshift, and remote start. Plus the 426 horses

However, the interior of the Camaro was a huge disappointment. It may not matter to some of you but I really hate how you can't get an electronics package in the Camaro, it almost feels like GM is getting lazy? I don’t get this one; have you sat in any optioned new Camaro yet because my 2SS/RS with IO leather is just plain kick a$$ and very high quality... You really do feel like your strapping yourself into a fighter jet.

Also, I hate how the HID's won't run in harmony with the flood lamps, why not? What's wrong with that GM? In most states there is a law stating you can't drive with fog and headlights on at the same time and could recive a ticket if cought.

I haven't fully made up my mind, and maybe I'll wait until the 2011 Camaro comes out to see what GM can bring, but for now, I'm not buyin. CAMARO CAMARO CAMARO...

GM is my favorite American car company, and I love Chevy, but I may take Ford's side on this one. At least you are buying American and a Muscle car to boot.

Convince me otherwise? See below...

Name:  l_bf6bd241d002424e9e90a906b33ee407.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  52.9 KB

Name:  l_a719111b280f48e6a7a8dee3391c8331.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  45.1 KB

Name:  may09 3.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  39.1 KB

Name:  may09 5.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  42.6 KB
Hope this helps...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:05 PM   #31
Fun_in_TN

Drives: 09
Yes, come over to the Dark Side As a very satisfied Mustang owner I say the more the merrier. Having owned mine for four months now, it's probably the most fun I have had driving. My first car was a '77 Camaro and I swore I'd have a Z28 5th Gen. GM squashed my dreams by holding off on the Z28.

I debated long and hard as to whether to pre-order an SS or go with the Shelby and have been watching these forums religiously to see if I made a bad decision. While I still love the look of the Camaro, I worry that GM may short change the loyal Camaro owners. My Ford dealership has bent over backwards from the original deal, to follow-on customer satisfaction calls, to free service, and the list goes on and on.

Enjoy your Pony---you won't regret it!
Fun_in_TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #32
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Youre buying a stang cos you didnt like the way you cant get halos with flood lights etc etc.

Seriously, if you want a stang and look like every other stang on the road go ahead. Watch the heads turning NOT!

Someone said buy the hottest car this century, they got that bit right!! I am a die hard mopar guy, I LOVE my magnum, I love chargers, 300 (and not so much Chally), but the moment I laid eyes on the Camaro, I had tears running down my face!! I was so moved by the design I couldnt keep my eyes off the pics of the concept, the long video on youtube I have watched over and over again, and now within the next few days it will be a reality for me!

Buy the best looking car on the planet.

BUY THE CAMARO!!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #33
GoldBowtie

Drives: 2021 Yukon Denali, 2018 ZL1
Trolls ALWAYS get a response on this site!!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #34
marticus24

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I went and test drove a 2010 GT last weekend to get a feel for the competition and was very impressed. The interior is VERY nice, almost upscale. I'm still in love w/the camaro for the bang for the buck, looks, power, etc, reasons, but will definitely give the stang some props. However, for the 35k sticker on the one I drove, I could almost get a 2SS/RS with MUCH more power, better looks, and a different, I wouldn't say lesser quality, interior. To me a no brainer, but you have to go with what you like the most. I'm personally not a fan of the rear of the 2010s, but I'm sure I'll get used to them, just like I did the last body style.

And for the record, I've been in a 2SS, and 1LT, and only driven a 1LT. SO I do have a basis for comparison even though I do not own one... yet.

Either way, congrats for staying american and good luck w/your choice!
marticus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #35
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleybacker View Post
I'm the exact opposite, the thing that turns me off the mustang is it's interior. The mustang interior is so "Ford parts bin" materials. The center stack in particular with the stereo looks HORRIDLY cheap.
I hate ford's obsession with instruments which have backgrounds that are NOT black.

I hate the retro-retro look of the instruments in the mustang (they look TOO much like they are parts bin pieces from the 60's instead of modern parts with retro cues)

I have the blandness of the mustang IP (it's a boring slab with sparkly bits stuck on)

It's a real turn-off.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #36
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_in_TN View Post
Yes, come over to the Dark Side As a very satisfied Mustang owner I say the more the merrier. Having owned mine for four months now, it's probably the most fun I have had driving. My first car was a '77 Camaro and I swore I'd have a Z28 5th Gen. GM squashed my dreams by holding off on the Z28.

I debated long and hard as to whether to pre-order an SS or go with the Shelby and have been watching these forums religiously to see if I made a bad decision. While I still love the look of the Camaro, I worry that GM may short change the loyal Camaro owners. My Ford dealership has bent over backwards from the original deal, to follow-on customer satisfaction calls, to free service, and the list goes on and on.

Thats apples and oranges he said gt or camaro not gt500.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #37
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:

You're comparing a dealer's responsibilities to GM's responsibilities. GM builds cars. Dealers sell them. There are good and bad dealers everywhere. In order to justify my decision in a Camaro, I am securing a test drive through a mediocre dealer, Crown Chevrolet. I also test drove a Mustang at Laird Noller Ford, another unimpressive dealer locally. At the end of the day, neither dealer has done much more than I have expected of them. Crown has offered me a Corvette test drive since there aren't any Camaros in their lots right now, which earns them bonus points, but they'll probably claim they can't follow through with it when they see that I am under 25 years of age.

GM is legally responsible for its distribution of cars to dealers, not customers. Because the law binds GM to allocation agreements with dealers, early orders and customers have no sway over the ordering process. This is a common problem with high-demand cars, and it baffles me to this day that the Camaro buyers on this site are not familiar with this common problem. It is the lesser of 2 evils. The other evil is a monopoly system where GM buys out its dealers and sets fixed prices. While I love GM for its intensive product development, performance traditions, classic products, and high-quality builds, I do not represent GM, and therefore stand against GM becoming a monopolistic force in the market. No automaker should be allowed to centrally control all of its sales outlets. That is dangerous for the capitalistic system.

You have a choice, in other words. You can have a monopoly that fixes prices, kills competition, and raises prices in the long run or you can wait for the car you were promised at the price we at Camaro5 told you to get in writing. Either way, there is no instant gratification for ordering your car. If GM became a monopoly in the dealer market, then you get your car when they feel like it. They can demand all the money up front because there is no competing dealer offering a better alternative because GM owns them all. On the other hand, you can place your order, track your order, pay when it arrives, and wait like everyone else. Neither way gets you your car today, but I think it is very clear which one is the best option.

I'm not happy about having to post this sort of logic again, so please read it again to make sure you all got it. Dealers and automakers have different responsibilities.

Dealers deal cars. Automakers make autos. It's all in their names. Stop expecting them to do anything else.

In a more direct response to your post, you are right to point out that your good experience led you into getting your car. It is a good car, and, as much as I side with Chevrolet over Ford, they are both contributing to the greater American good.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #38
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
I'm sorry but you don't buy a muscle car for the interior, just the way I see it. Well I guess u might but I don't.
I disagree. This day in age a muscle car should have all the neat trinkits and be as stylish as anyother car on the road today. Otherwise the muscle car in my opinion would not survive in todays market.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #39
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:

And that's your first post on Camaro5? Go buy a Mustang and enjoy it? Holy %^&*()

Last edited by Number 3; 06-09-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #40
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
And tha't your first post on Camaro5? Go buy a Mustang and enjoy it? Holy %^&*()
First and last I'm thinking(hoping?)

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #41
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Mustang interior + Camaro exterior = match made in heaven

..but no one sees the interior much, so = Camaro
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #42
Bawt
Future Camaro Owner!

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT soon
Number 3- Yes, the Mustang offers that.

It isn't illegal in Arizona to have the floods and headlights running, where is it illegal...?

To everyone that said the electronics shouldn't be in a muscle car, or they don't matter, in reality they do. In my opinion to compete with almost every car out there now they should atleast OFFER it.......

I'm going to wait until I drive both cars, watch drag races between both, and see how many people buy a Camaro.

If there are tons of Camaros, then for sure I will get the Mustang. Everyone thinks the Mustang is too popular, whose to say the Camaro won't be the same way? They're both priced very well and both are very sexy cars. I predict there will be just as many 2010 Camaros on the road as 2010 Stangs.

However, not nearly as many as those... Mopars...