Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:22 PM   #99
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
My G forum wouldn't rape one of these Camaros(If it's an RS ), but it would give it a good molesting. Otherwise, it's apples to oranges if it's against an SS... G37/G35 might beat an SS on the track part, or in the 1/8th mile because the VQ really pulls hard until you hit 3rd gear... if the G driver does perfect shifting...
I will crack your G with my bone stock V6 LT all over a track and in the 1/4. Gs are SLOWWWWWWWWWW you are so delusional.

And a SS? Are you nuts? SS camaro will put BUS lengths on a G any day of the week.

I used to have a built nitrous VQ30DeK and have done nitrous VQ35Des please dont make those beautiful motors look bad with your ignorance.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:52 AM   #100
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Well, if the guys backed by a shop...that pretty much means they can do anything to that car. No biggie...Jeff's stock Challenger R/T will be ready to put on a good show.
wait I thought it had a turbo?
Old 12-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #101
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
wait I thought it had a turbo?

Not sure why he keeps refering to it as "stock"...
Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #102
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannondalerider View Post
I volunteer to take my car to a tuner and have them upgrade it (sponsorship-style) and race the absolute piss out of it and guarantee a win. Here's the deal: give me about 550rwhp, some suspension tweaks and maybe some bigger brakes and I will win and give you a substantial boost in sales; if I lose, I'll pay for the upgrades. I'm all for whoring my car out with logos and decals on TV.

+1
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #103
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
You should try to get Importkilla involved. He has a wicked build. He is pulling 660 RWHP.

Here is small video of his car.

Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #104
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post

Not sure why he keeps refering to it as "stock"...
Maybe he's like the guy I talked to when I was at the drag strip last. He had a corvette grand sport and I asked if he had done any mods. He said "just some bolt ons" apparently to him a super charger is a bolt on
Old 12-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #105
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Well, if the guys backed by a shop...that pretty much means they can do anything to that car. No biggie...Jeff's stock Challenger R/T will be ready to put on a good show.
Speedy, I wouldn't be worried that Erik's car is a "shop" car that is going to get the "spare no expense" treatment. From very early on Erik's car has been a solid heads/cam/exhaust with some daily driver/streetable suspension mods. He drives that car all over the friggin place for events, doesn't normally have any vendor stickers on the car from what I have seen except for a Pfadt suspension label on the rockers every once in a while but I'll let him speak for himself as for it being a "shop car" or not. I think the main thing that most everyone here at C5 has learned is that Erik can drive the snot out of his car which is why he got so much support when the nomination process in this thread was started.

As an aside, how is this a "stock R/T"... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/383697...dge-challenger

Another aside, congrats on your build, I had followed it over on ChallengerTalk up through your forged engine and blower.... very nice setup...

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #106
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Hey guys!

After reading through the various comments that have been posted the past few days I would just like to clarify a few things, I appreciate both sides to the story and everybody's comments! I hope you guys take the time to read what I have to say

The Camaro in question, is 100% mine and I have bought it with my own money.

EVERY single part on this car has been paid for by myself, in full, and EVERY single hour spent on this car has been done completely by myself, and the few things I needed help with were payed IN FULL by the same hourly rate as anybody else! I have received no special treatment at all from anybody.

EVERY event I have driven to, (C5 fest, LS Fest, Dual In The Desert, 40+ Track days, 20 + Auto-X events etc etc) have been funded with my OWN money, and taken out of my own time. I have put over 26000miles in under one year on my baby because I wanted to! I am a true Camaro/GM/Car enthusiast who just simply loves to modify and drive the hell out of my cars, no matter what it is. I have always done so, and I will always do so as long as it's physically possible. As a wise man once said, "Racing is life, everything that happens before or after is just waiting".

I volunteered for this event because I truly am an enthusiast who wanted to represent Camaro5.com in the best way possible, with a win! Of course anything can happen, a Twin Turbo Challenger is no joke (and this particular one is quite sick!) but I still feel confident that Camaro5.com will take this race

I hope this helps to understand my place in all of this, and I sincerely hope that I still have the support from Camaro5.com to represent the forum, I will do my best to win this one and show these Challenger guys who owns the track

I don't know how else to prove my true interest and intentions in this, or any race for that matter but if anybody has any further questions about my personal involvement, or still doubts my true intentions feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks guys, wish me luck!

/Erik

Edit: Speedy1975,

My car has had the exact same set-up from day 7 after I bought my Camaro. Heads, cam, LT headers and an MBRP cat-back. The only thing power-wise that has changed was going from an AFE intake to an LSR. My car is still after 26000 hard miles still "only" making 488rwhp. Yes, I did purchase and put on the coil-over set-up, but that was just a natural step forward as I primarily road race my car. My funds are as most peoples quite limited, and if I could I would have put an all motor LS7 set-up in her making 600rwhp! Nothing has, or will be changed before or for a long time after the upcoming race. . 488rwhp is plenty enough power for me to beat cars with way more power, balance between HP, suspension and driver is everything.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #107
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Hey guys!

After reading through the various comments that have been posted the past few days I would just like to clarify a few things, I appreciate both sides to the story and everybody's comments! I hope you guys take the time to read what I have to say

EVERY single part on this car has been paid for by myself, in full, and EVERY single hour spent on this car has been done completely by myself, and the few things I needed help with were payed IN FULL by the same hourly rate as anybody else! I have received no special treatment at all from anybody.

EVERY event I have driven to, (C5 fest, LS Fest, Dual In The Desert, 40+ Track days, 20 + Auto-X events etc etc) have been funded with my OWN money, and taken out of my own time. I have put over 26000miles in under one year on my baby because I wanted to! I am a true Camaro/GM/Car enthusiast who just simply loves to modify and drive the hell out of my cars, no matter what it is. I have always done so, and I will always do so as long as it's physically possible. As a wise man once said, "Racing is life, everything that happens before or after is just waiting".

I volunteered for this event because I truly am an enthusiast who wanted to represent Camaro5.com in the best way possible, with a win! Of course anything can happen, a Twin Turbo Challenger is no joke (and this particular one is quite sick!) but I still feel confident that Camaro5.com will take this race

I hope this helps to understand my place in all of this, and I sincerely hope that I still have the support from Camaro5.com to represent the forum, I will do my best to win this one and show these Challenger guys who owns the track

I don't know how else to prove my true interest and intentions in this, or any race for that matter but if anybody has any further questions about my personal involvement, or still doubts my true intentions feel free to send me a PM.

/Erik

My car has had the exact same set-up from day 7 after I bought my Camaro. Heads, cam, LT headers and an MBRP cat-back. The only thing power-wise that has changed was going from an AFE intake to an LSR. My car is still after 26000 hard miles still "only" making 488rwhp. Yes, I did purchase and put on the coil-over set-up, but that was just a natural step forward as I primarily road race my car. My funds are as most peoples quite limited, and if I could I would have put an all motor LS7 set-up in her making 600rwhp! Nothing has, or will be changed before or for a long time after the upcoming race. . 488rwhp is plenty enough power for me to beat cars with way more power, balance between HP, suspension and driver is everything.
As long as you win, you're cool in my book! But if you don't win...

Old 12-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #108
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Cool, thanks for the clarification Erik. Glad to hear you funded this car on your own...that's good enough for me.

You've got a good attitude and I think you and Jeff (Challenger owner) will really hit it off. He's a great guy as well and a good friend of mine.

His stock R/T with a few bling mods does pretty good (wink nudge) haha.

You guys know I'm just messing with ya on that, but it's part of the fun.

Thanks for the compliment robertsway. I love the car and it drives great. Traction is a problem...but that's a good problem to have.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #109
70TA-09RT
HOWFAST

Drives: Twin Turbo Challenger 09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Hey guys!

/Erik

Eric, I'm excited to meet you and have some fun I would like to say thank you for the compliments
I am first a enthusiast of American Muscle cars and have been for the past 37 years I have owned many different cars mostly pony cars would love to have kept a few like the 69 Pontiac TA with the 303 motor, my 70 T/A Challenger is down in Texas hopefully my buddy who bought it brings it down for me to see. I have had my car since April 2009 and transformed it into what I wanted it to be a dependable car that at a given moment I can hop into her and take off to wherever. I wish my climate in Ohio gave me a longer driving season to date over 14000 on the clock. I will agree with you as I'm tuned for 546 rwhp more than enough for my application as I continue to be the beta parts tester for breaking axles hopefully the new ones will hold, but seeing that some changes have been made in this years format with tires it going to be a good show.
I too have spent many hours working on the car and with the help of a good friend who owns RDP Motorsport and his shop does all of the things that I can't do. The cost of modifying these cars is crazy and being involved on the forums can even get tight people to open up there wallet or burn plastic...
I won't be driving down as the snow is flying and with the summer tires only it is going to be a long trek to H-Town on the trailer. I am driving out to CA in late March for a LX event that will be a 5600 mile trip look forward to seeing you in January and enjoy the Holidays
23 Days to go

Jeff

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3836977
Old 12-19-2010, 10:46 PM   #110
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Eric is a great guy & I couldn't think of anyone better to have representing you regardless of the forum or ride.

Congratulations Eric, this sounds like the kind of thing you live for, good luck!

Old 12-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #111
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
The H-Town Camaro Club looks forward to your visit down here. If there's ANYTHING we can do to help out please let us know...

Let's kick some Challenger butt...
Old 12-20-2010, 02:00 AM   #112
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

So are we able to come out to the track and watch this go down?

Closed Thread