Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Black&orange

Drives: 2SS/RS/A6/BLK
Thumbs down Anyone have anything like this?

http://northamericantuning.com/catal...2so38f1a39pjd2. If so were they hard to put on?? Do they look worth it??
Old 02-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #2
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
No thanks.
Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
General observations - Illegal for road use.

The fashion police and/or gay mafia may be interested for use on their patrol cars, however.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #4
Rockslam
The Noob

Drives: 2006 QSM GTO
Alot of people do , and AAC is a sponsor of this forum. They can answer any possible question you have.

The blue you could probably get away with , since some HIDs would be close. But the red is a no , which is why they sell colorshift halos. They can change between colors.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
LYCAN
Tattooed K9

Drives: E63AMG
Correct---colored headlamps are illegal for road use because they can be mistaken for emergency vehicle lights. Same thing goes for any light that strobes, flashes, blinks, or changes color. Same thing goes for tinting your headlamps...it's illegal in most states.

Most sellers make it clear to people that their light kits are NOT intended for road use. But people seem to want to overlook that part and do it anyway. Then they come across an officer in a bad mood and wonder why they get pulled over:-)

Many officers will overlook it, but everybody at some point in their driving career comes across that one who doesn't.
Prior Project Cars: 96 WS6, 96 Steeda Cobra, 93/74/99/01ZO6 Vettes, Supra Turbo, and BMW M3.

Last edited by LYCAN; 02-08-2011 at 02:51 PM.
LYCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #6
fugimo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS ABM
I have them and they are not too bad to install once you figure out the technique of getting the headlights apart. AAC here on the boards, vendor, do sell them and that is where I got mine. I use mine mainly at the track and shows, but no other time do I turn them on. I do have them setup to turn on from the Homelink button inside the car. Do not keep your remote in your pockets, they will get turned on accidentally, the center console is a good place to keep the remote.

It is just a matter of preference of whether you like them or not, I kept my stock halos in the headlight and did not cut them, but had to do a little more sanding to get the LEDs to sit behind them.
Injen CAI
AAC lighting (Foot well, trunk, interior, RGB Halos, Plasma DRLs, V2 scanner, side markers)
fugimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
these are made by AAC, and its strange to think people think they don't look good. (first 2 posters..), but to each his own.

I personally like them. Get them through AAC Directly though. They have sales every now and then and a GB going on now.
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #8
paultheman2007
SWFLGENS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
:notheadlights:

SWFLGENS on facebook.
paultheman2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing