Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
LYCAN
Tattooed K9

Drives: E63AMG
Mod List For Fresh 2SS BNIB:-)

Ok, I want to run this by the group. I spent a few hours on the phone today talking with Pfadt and others to determine what I really need on my 2011 2SS to improve it's street capability. The team at Pfadt was very friendly and helpful. My installer will be Tony's Corvette in Gaithersburg, MD. He was worked on several forum members Camaros and Corvettes.

Here is the list that it boiled down to:

(1) Pfadt Performance Stage II Kit
(2) Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust for 2SS/RS with 6-Speed Transmission
(3) Roto-Fab Intake

Will I need any tuning done? Is there anything else I should add in there? we really talked about the suspension, and I was going to go the full nine-yards with Coil-Overs, bushings, and arms, but the team at Pfadt thought that all of that might be a bit much unless I was racing the car on the track. So it is a balance of street car versus track car and not going overboard and making something unpleasant to drive on the street. So I have to trust their judgment.

Is the Corsa a good choice? Tony feels strongly about those products. I did have the Corsa Indy system on my ZO6 and liked the "motor boat" sound. It was between this and the Borla S-Type. Anyone have any feedback or warnings on these systems?

The intake is between the Roto-Fab and Vararam. Tony suggest the Roto-Fab for fit. I also see a lot of folks here with them.
Prior Project Cars: 96 WS6, 96 Steeda Cobra, 93/74/99/01ZO6 Vettes, Supra Turbo, and BMW M3.
LYCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
you will be very happy with the Corsa.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
If it were me.....use the complete LG Motorsports system for the exhaust.

I'm torn between Vararam or Roto-Fab w/ADM race scoop (Roto-Fab washer bottle).

Oh....and then tune it.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:30 AM   #4
kook

Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow
Tune it for sure, the Roto-Fab performs nicely and looks awesome. As far as the Corsa goes, if you don't put LT headers on it you will be fine, but if you decide to add headers down the road I wouldn't go with it unless you like extremely loud cars. I had the Corsa and had to change it when I added LTs. Good Luck.
Magnaflow Street Cat-Back
DOD Delete
Forgestar F-14's and Pedders XA + PKG
Custom grind cam from Cincy Speed
ADM dual fuel pump
ADM AF/Boost gauges
FTI 3200 convertor
Hurst shifter
Cincy Speed Build and Tune 540rwhp
kook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Those should give you a good mix of performance... I would consider LT headers. Headers would be the biggest gainer for you with the tune.... and would still be a very good daily driver, with a little louder exhaust note.

There are so many different intakes on the market, they all perform about the same.... give or take a little. I've witnessed several on the dyno, and honestly... The K&N showed better results than any of the others. I have a LMR intake... and I'm pleased with it, but if i had to do it all over again, I would go K&N.
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:50 AM   #6
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
A tune will certainly make the most of the mods you are going with. The Roto-fab intake performs well alone, but the more you do to the car the more you will see ours stands out from others.
Also, it does drop in easily with no mods to your vehicle. In addition, you can choose from a large variety of appearance options. Of course performance is the driving reason for adding a CAI, but why not have it look the way you want as well?
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote