Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #15
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
You mind me asking.. how much did you get for your SS? oh and by the way.. regardless of being couple years back thats still a nice upgrade from a camaro. No matter how you look at it a chevy will never be a benz and especially an AMG. I remember my AMG days..nothing rides like a benz. Good luck to ya.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #16
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
That is a BIG $$$$ upgrade to say the least!

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:00 PM   #17
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
That generation body style was always blah compared to the other models imo, the brand new E63s look killer though.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #18
vernal

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM 6M;1992 5.0 LX Hatch
Great. North Mont. County just lost one of the three around here. Are you happy now?

Although, now I see Sawyer looks to be around here, and I don't recognize the name off-hand from the Mid-Atlantic Board, so, lose one, gain one. Don't let the door hit you in the...

Just kidding! Just cause you sold your Camaro doesn't mean you can't stay on C5. Heck, there are good contributors who drive Mustangs on here. And it would be cool to see some of your toys if the group around here ever gets it together! I'm guessing once 75 and 80 opens it will happen.

If you don't/can't stay, best of luck to you!

vernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #19
Gavros 4 Life

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White Black Stripes
Dnt ever forget ur 5th gen! :'(
Gavros 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #20
BlackVelvet

Drives: an absolute dream.
Nice! Best of luck to you in your new ride!

I work in Germantown (off Middlebrook), so I'll be sure to honk if I see ya!
Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #21
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Nice Ride!!! Good luck Pal
Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #22
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Super nice car. I can't tell if "at a different place in life" means you're struggling, or you won the lotto. If it's the former, then, you might also want to consider the cost of maintenance and repairs. For what some of those things cost to repair, you could have thrown in a 2011 SS and a bottle of lube in for free!
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #23
1Camaro2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Sweet Benz, especially because it's an AMG! I got rid of my S500 for a honda daily driver. I just couldn't keep up with repairs and maintenance on my Benz as it was older (2000) What i hated the most about it was the airmatic suspension. I got tired of replacing the air struts and air compressor. That thing leaked all over the place and I couldn't rely on it.

I am sure your E63AMG is night and day different then my POS benz. Good luck!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #24
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
I saw a black E63 on the road today, very nice... No shame in that move.
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #25
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillz512 View Post
Sorry to see a fellow Camaro owner go, but we all have our reasons. Very nice choice BTW at least you didn't go to a Mustang.
..good luck!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #26
Skill377

Drives: 04 Toyota Camry
That is one sweet ride, look like an upgrade to me lol

Is that car brand new? Looked pretty new to me from the picture you posted
Skill377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #27
LYCAN
Tattooed K9

Drives: E63AMG
Na, I bought the Benz two years old and got it for a fair price. The first owner swallowed the depreciation. The maintenance can get expensive with some parts, mainly the brake rotors and shocks. That's where most AMG drivers get caught off guard. However, the engine and transmission are pretty bulletproof so long as you keep things stock. If you like to modify cars stick with the E55AMG or look elsewhere. But the key is to keep it under warranty as long as possible to work out the typical bugs. In my experience any car can become a financial burden if things go wrong with it. I'm a GM guy at heart, but still had a couple rough rides with Chevy over the years with my Corvettes and Tahoes. I've left the dealership a few times with $3K to $4K less in my pocket. It happens. Blew three transmissions in my 96 Steeda Cobra as well....very costly. Ford, Chevy, MB, etc....they all can have issues.

I got it with with a 3-year MB warranty and 2-years of general service included in the price. Overall not a bad deal. The MB dealership in Germantown on 118 has been very good to me, as has Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg. I've had top notch service from both.

My experience with the 2SS was likewise exceptional. Both cars definately have grown on me and I can recommend both. To be honest the performance with both are pretty close. Mine came with the P30 performance suspension, so it corners very well. In my opinion you can't go wrong with either car. The 2SS does have a bit more of an edge with the "fun factor" in that it's a sexy 6-speed. The AMG gets an edge in the practicality department for me since I have to haul people around. But at the end of the day when you stomp the gas on either you get a grin ear to ear.
Prior Project Cars: 96 WS6, 96 Steeda Cobra, 93/74/99/01ZO6 Vettes, Supra Turbo, and BMW M3.
LYCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:31 AM   #28
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LYCAN View Post
Na, I bought the Benz two years old and got it for a fair price. The first owner swallowed the depreciation. The maintenance can get expensive with some parts, mainly the brake rotors and shocks. That's where most AMG drivers get caught off guard. However, the engine and transmission are pretty bulletproof so long as you keep things stock. If you like to modify cars stick with the E55AMG or look elsewhere. But the key is to keep it under warranty as long as possible to work out the typical bugs. In my experience any car can become a financial burden if things go wrong with it. I'm a GM guy at heart, but still had a couple rough rides with Chevy over the years with my Corvettes and Tahoes. I've left the dealership a few times with $3K to $4K less in my pocket. It happens. Blew three transmissions in my 96 Steeda Cobra as well....very costly. Ford, Chevy, MB, etc....they all can have issues.

I got it with with a 3-year MB warranty and 2-years of general service included in the price. Overall not a bad deal. The MB dealership in Germantown on 118 has been very good to me, as has Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg. I've had top notch service from both.

My experience with the 2SS was likewise exceptional. Both cars definately have grown on me and I can recommend both. To be honest the performance with both are pretty close. Mine came with the P30 performance suspension, so it corners very well. In my opinion you can't go wrong with either car. The 2SS does have a bit more of an edge with the "fun factor" in that it's a sexy 6-speed. The AMG gets an edge in the practicality department for me since I have to haul people around. But at the end of the day when you stomp the gas on either you get a grin ear to ear.
Really the camaro meets the E63 AMG in performance? Damn thats nice to hear... Sorry to see you go but stick around and maybe you will jump back in a camaro in the near future. You never know...
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote